Thread: Dont be Afraid Cover

MaxiPower

Dont be Afraid Cover

Hey guys new here, mate of mine did a cover of a popular tune of FF8 and well what better place to post it.

GNB: Neco Mortus - FF8: Don't be Afraid - Metal - YouTube

Im trying to get some feedback to him, he usually does a game cover start to finish within a day period so for the little time that he spent on it, i think it turned out pretty amazing, its a metal cover, not too heavy, good on the ears

anyway any feedback would be nice, hes thinking of doing other covers too, so ill post them here if and when there up

TFF's Resident Messenger Dont be Afraid Cover Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Dont be Afraid Cover

I have always liked music from Final Fantasy, but I generally do not like metal music. This cover was very well done, and doesn't sound like a metal track. It seems to me to be more of an orchestrated track. I imagine the orchestra letting in some electric guitarist to play with them for a night, and this cover was the result of it.

I guess, what I am trying to say, is that I liked it. I can't wait to hear more. Maybe the next cover can be something with lyrics. That may prove to be a challenge. To be able to invoke a feeling that any Final Fantasy lyrical music has would be amazing.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

MaxiPower

Re: Dont be Afraid Cover

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Swayne View Post
    I have always liked music from Final Fantasy, but I generally do not like metal music. This cover was very well done, and doesn't sound like a metal track. It seems to me to be more of an orchestrated track. I imagine the orchestra letting in some electric guitarist to play with them for a night, and this cover was the result of it.

I guess, what I am trying to say, is that I liked it. I can't wait to hear more. Maybe the next cover can be something with lyrics. That may prove to be a challenge. To be able to invoke a feeling that any Final Fantasy lyrical music has would be amazing.
    haha you would 100% not like his style of metal lyrics, hes into that death metal crap lol