Thread: Brentalfloss

The Lost Writer Brentalfloss Psiko's Avatar

Brentalfloss

I am curious how many others have seen his vids on either Screwattack or Youtube. I've been a fan of his ever since I saw his Zelda with Lyrics video, and now am the proud owner of his first CD.

For those who don't know he puts lyrics to old skool video game music. Some of it is extremely good, and a few are okay, but for the most part I've become a true fan of his work.

My personal favorites are Ducktales with Lyrics, Mega Man 3 with Lyrics, and Final Fantasy Classic with Lyrics.

So...have you heard any of his music? If not, I recommend any old skool gamer (or new skool even) to check him out!
    OLD SKOOL - A positive appellation referring to when things weren't flashy but empty of substance, were done by hard work, didn't pander to the lowest common denominator, and required real skill. Labour-saving devices, shortcuts that reduce quality and quitting before the task is done are not characteristics of "old skool."

In reference to computer games, refers to a game that had substantial playability without flashy graphics or eye candy. Old skool gamers appreciate difficult maneuvers, careful planning, and scorched earth policies.

In reference to role-playing games, old skool refers to games that tested players' wits, could kill off careless characters, and required dedication and inner strength to play. Old skool games didn't pander to the ideas that everyone is created equal, that all options are open to all races, that the markets were somehow free, and that a quasi-medieval society could have near 100% literacy.

See also classic.

Representing the Old Skool ways since 1984.

8-Bit Underling Brentalfloss Reverend Red Mage's Avatar

Re: Brentalfloss

I got to meet him at GameUnicon '09, and see him perform live after The Megas. I love his videos. I also purchased his "cheap-ass edition" promo CD while he was there, but I've yet to order "What If This CD... Had Lyrics?"
    牧師赤魔道士

This crime called blasphemy was invented by priests for the sole purpose of defending doctrines not able to take care of themselves.
    -Robert Ingersoll

Mage Chronicles, my blog.

Ehhhhh I liked his Mega Man 3 and Final Fantasy Victory with lyrics but a lot of his other stuff just seems stale to me. I just don't care for his random "I'll just make up random stuff as I go lyrics" I prefer Hyadain's more creative methods of either creatively telling stories (My First Friend) setting the mood and atmosphere of the game (some of his DQ stuff) or just all out wackiness and humor (FFIV The Four Fiends, his MM stuff, Torneko's theme)

Registered User Brentalfloss

I've watched a few vids of his before this thread popped up, and I liked the ones I seen well enough, though I think the best one was definitely the Zelda theme with lyrics. Loved the beard. After reading this topic, I checked out a few more of his works. His Final Fantasy Theme with lyrics was good, and I liked the Victory theme as well. Not really anything else has made me say "Oh, that was good!", though he certainly is doing a better job than what I could pull off.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.