Thread: Anyone else addicted to FF Dissidia?

Agh! Screw this... Anyone else addicted to FF Dissidia? flux's Avatar
    I live in the the nothingness that is my heart.

Anyone else addicted to FF Dissidia?

I've had the game for a while now,and very recently I've become addicted to it.I just keep finding new ways to do things like level up (I probably won't list them as most of you wouldn't care,maybe you would).

Yeah,leveling up is not that much of a deal,but I'm not just leveling up anymore,I'm figuring out how to raise every ability to Master.

Also this is my first thread,so if you think I need some advice go ahead and give it.
    Last edited by flux; 10-16-2010 at 07:59 AM.

Death Before Dishonor Anyone else addicted to FF Dissidia? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Anyone else addicted to FF Dissidia?

I was addicted to it for a little while, but it quickly went away for me. I found other games that caused me to be addicted that were much better.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Registered User Anyone else addicted to FF Dissidia?

I thought the fighting mechanics of the game were really fun, and pretty easy to pick up for beginners, but I think it also had enough depth to it that those that are more skilled at the game won't get easily tired of it.

The story part I could honestly do without, and I'm hoping that the sequel does a better job. It's already sounding pretty promising to me since the Chaos side is going to have a story mode as well, but I'm partial to the villains...so make of that what you will.

Am I addicted? Eh...not really. I get into the mood to play the game sometimes, but it's not something I feel the need to play everyday.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Blog Entries

I was pretty addicted the first couple of months when it came out, since I was living in a hotel and had literally nothing else to do since all my stuff got smoked out at the time, so I ended up totally maxing out Zidane and a couple other characters and after beating Inward Chaos/Blackjack course, it got a bit old and I moved back into my new house so I had other things to do by then
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

The Mad God Anyone else addicted to FF Dissidia? Heartless Angel's Avatar

Yes. Let's jsut say, since I purchased Dissidia, about 90% of my time with my PSP has been spent on Dissidia. Just waiting for Duodecim now.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

I feel epic... Anyone else addicted to FF Dissidia? Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

Took me four months to realize there's a real world. >___<

After that, things sort've slowed down. I could defeat the CPU at every turn, because they never change, and become predictable even on the hardest setting. Chaos still gives me trouble, but I've defeated him enough times not to care.

I'm starting to find myself getting fired up again for Duodecim. Seriously, once you play as Lightning, you can never go back.

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Yes I am addicted to that game as i jst recently bought on the psp and i cant get enough of Terra as shes my best character xx

Quote Originally Posted by Ralz View Post
    Took me four months to realize there's a real world. >___<

After that, things sort've slowed down. I could defeat the CPU at every turn, because they never change, and become predictable even on the hardest setting. Chaos still gives me trouble, but I've defeated him enough times not to care.

I'm starting to find myself getting fired up again for Duodecim. Seriously, once you play as Lightning, you can never go back.
    Even Chaos is a joke after wasting as much time on this game as I have >.< On average I can kill at least 2 forms without recieving an attack from the guy. I wish you change his difficulty, maybe a max AI Chaos wouldn't suck so much at defending himself.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Anyone else addicted to FF Dissidia? Xanatos's Avatar

You could say I was addicted the first couple of weeks, excellent gameplay and great amount of extra content kept me busy for quite some time, I still play it occasionally. I'm also sure Duodecim will keep me occupied the same if not more.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

I feel the need to play every now and again. I have to say it is one of the most fun fighting games I have ever played. Story was meh, like everyone seems to say, but the gameplay more than makes up for it.
    I must be really bad at the game or something, as I have more than 100 hours put into it and still haven't beaten inward chaos. I'm struggling through it with my level 100 warrior of light. (my main along with Cecil).
    Fantasies completed:
    I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XII

Alot of people have major issues with Chaos, though I'm really not sure why XD. His greatest srength is also one of his greatest weaknesses. The fact that he tries to spam attacks nonstop means he absolutely sucks ass at guarding and dodging. And because he's so damned fat, you can get him trapped in infinites that other characters cna escape. I used to resort to dodge cancelling sudden cruelty repeatedly with Seph, though I've long since graduated from spamming that.

I feel epic... Anyone else addicted to FF Dissidia? Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    Alot of people have major issues with Chaos, though I'm really not sure why XD. His greatest srength is also one of his greatest weaknesses. The fact that he tries to spam attacks nonstop means he absolutely sucks ass at guarding and dodging. And because he's so damned fat, you can get him trapped in infinites that other characters cna escape. I used to resort to dodge cancelling sudden cruelty repeatedly with Seph, though I've long since graduated from spamming that.
    I have to admit, Chaos's AI is pretty damn reckless. Seriously, I was using Onion Knight and all I did was Multi-Hit + Guiding Swipe for all three phases. Chaos did nothing to stop me. And for some reason, there are extended periods of invincibility during Chases.

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

There's a very simple formula for slaughtering him with Seph. As long as you can avoid his first attack, you've got him. Basically, avoid first move, fervent blow, dodge cancel, sudden cruelty, dodge cancel, octslash, activate Ifrit during the octaslash (at this point I've achieved break and am sitting around 7k brv). That gives me full EX from EXP->EX

Round 2, same thing, but isntead of IFrit, go into EX during Octaslash, wait until it wall rushes, that leaves him with 1 HP. EX burst.

Round 3 is the only one that I really even have a chance of being hit on, just because my first combo won't rack up 9999 (unless I resort to infinites) Here after the first combo, instead of chaining into an octaslash, I just back of and wait for another attack. If I sucessfully avoid this, Sudden cruelty, dodge canclel, Oblivion, dodge cancel, Godspeed, dodge cancel, Octaslash, game.

So really, Chaos is a ****ing joke. Even in Inward Chaos, justt takes a few extra cancels or the use of an infinite and the guy won't even lay a finger on you.

Registered User Anyone else addicted to FF Dissidia? Kuja's Avatar

Awww, dude. I play Dissidia all the time. I even take it to school with me, and play it there... That just goes to show how much I'm addicted to the game, although it's made me mad more then one time. xD

But yeah... I've actually had to start it over more then once, because my data kept on corrupting. That just shows how much I love the game. xD
    "Peace is but a shadow of death, desperate to forget its painful past...
    Though we hope for promising years. After shedding a thousand tears, yesterday's sorrow constantly nears.
    And while the moon still shines blue, by dawn, it will turn to scarlet hue."

黒い翼の天使 Anyone else addicted to FF Dissidia? yuki's Avatar

I am addicted to dissidia i played it jap and finished it and now im playin it eng but still havent finished it

and cant wait till the new on comes which well have lightining and tifa ..........

Agh! Screw this... Anyone else addicted to FF Dissidia? flux's Avatar
    I live in the the nothingness that is my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Awww, dude. I play Dissidia all the time. I even take it to school with me, and play it there... That just goes to show how much I'm addicted to the game, although it's made me mad more then one time. xD

But yeah... I've actually had to start it over more then once, because my data kept on corrupting. That just shows how much I love the game. xD
    Wow,Kuja,you must really love this game.I have to admit I got the PSP taking out during class .Man,I was so pissed,but they only took it away for two days.

I didn't think this many people would respond to this thread.I didn't have a lot of confidence when i posted it.You all must eat up any FF you can find,well at least I do.

Registered User Anyone else addicted to FF Dissidia? Kuja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flux View Post
    Wow,Kuja,you must really love this game.I have to admit I got the PSP taking out during class .Man,I was so pissed,but they only took it away for two days.

I didn't think this many people would respond to this thread.I didn't have a lot of confidence when i posted it.You all must eat up any FF you can find,well at least I do.
    Lol. I don't take it into class with me. I just keep it in my locker during classes, then play it during lunch, and before school starts. xD
    "Peace is but a shadow of death, desperate to forget its painful past...
    Though we hope for promising years. After shedding a thousand tears, yesterday's sorrow constantly nears.
    And while the moon still shines blue, by dawn, it will turn to scarlet hue."

Ill keep playing until i beat it 100%

I've already reached 100%, I'm still an addict >.<

The Lone Dagger Anyone else addicted to FF Dissidia? Xithor's Avatar

I've only played it a handful of times since sadly I don't own a PSP yet but I've been dropping hints so hopefully Dec 25th I'll have my hands on both a PSP and a copy of Dissidia of my own. I am addicted to it though lol

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel