Thread: Need help-craft a shield w/break HP & MP limits

Need help-craft a shield w/break HP & MP limits Gamer X's Avatar

Question Need help-craft a shield w/break HP & MP limits

All you Pros out there I got a question for ya! I have modified my Sphere Grid to install many additional HP and MP spheres. I will also remove & replace the lower point value spheres with 400 point & 40 point value ones, respectively. I have the stuff to craft 3 shields w/break HP & MP limits. I need to know if you have any ideas on what to put in the other two vacant slots. I was thinking on the line of Auto-Phoenix & Auto Haste or Auto Protect & Auto Haste but I am open to suggestions. I want to get this right the first time. I will appreciate your input.

Regards,

Gamer X
    If we forget the experience past in the course of human events we will reap greater tragedies than were once before.

Aww yeah! Need help-craft a shield w/break HP & MP limits Wolf's Avatar
    A small town on the outskirts of Madtown, WI
    Auto-Phoenix and Auto-Protect are both good choices when fighting fiends that can hit you for over 10k damage, and like you said, Auto-Haste is also a good choice, so you don't have to waste a few turns right away casting haste, protect, and auto-life on yourself or your party. In my opinion, I wouldn't worry too much about MP though. 999 was enough for me. Especially since Lulu and Yuna's celestial weapons both have the One MP Cost ability on them. On my game, on everyone's armor I gave them the following:

Break HP Limit
    Auto-Haste
    Auto-Protect
    Auto-Phoenix

One last thing and friendly reminder is to be careful traveling around and leveling in places like the Omega Ruins, I always have Auron in my active party with his Masamune, so I don't get ambushed by Great Malboros. Even if you have a stellar party with very high stats, your party members may also end up hitting each other for insane amounts of damage, or just missing and losing several thousand HP from poison. This is a situation where you may also want to swap out Auto Phoenix or Auto-Haste for Auto-Med on a piece of armor.

Those are just a few suggestions that I have, but you can feel free to do whatever setup you think is most appropriate for your party.

A special shout out to my amazing TFF Family:
    Little Moogle, Darkwolf, kung fu kitty, Shadowknight241, Anachronism, Fishie,
    H.U.N.K., lazyboy708, guado_gal Dark One, Martin, TheHasteChocobo

Need help-craft a shield w/break HP & MP limits Gamer X's Avatar

craft'n Break HP & MP Limit shields

Wolf:

Thanks for the quick and detailed reply to my post. I have read of that before to skip the Break MP Limit part and just use Break Hp Limit in a shield. I wasn't aware that Auron's Legendary Weapon could ward off ambushes, especially from Greater Marlboro's. I really detest their ilk and murdering ways. I have gotten wasted by their type several times mainly because I forgot to switch Shields for the correct protection. Thanks for that precious pearl of wisdom.

I will probably make 4 shields with Break HP Limit, Auto Protect-(2), Auto Phoenix-(2), Auto Haste, Auto Regen-(2) & AutoMed-(2). Then make Tidus's shield Break HP Limit, Auto-Protect & Haste & Med. Then craft two shields with Break HP & MP Limits, Auto-Protect & Med-(1) & Phoenix(1) on the other.

I have never been able to get Lulu's Onion Knight upgrade because I can't concentrate 200 times to dodge lightning strikes. I haven't even broke 150 yet. I made her weapons but on some enemies they don't score 100K damage.

I have beaten the game 3-4 times before but never horsed around with the Sphere Grid until now. I ain't getting any younger so I figured what the heck, go for it and see what can be done for the good of the Game. I did find out today the the Value of an installed HP Sphere on the SG is 300 Points. I had assumed that since the MP Sphere value was 40 points installed that the HP Sphere would be 400 points. That is obviously not the case. But I still can achieve my goal of cranking out Shields with dazzling Hit Point values.

I have found the this Sphere Grid optimization process is a bit time consuming and tedious at times. I always keep running out of stuff and have to stop in the middle of it all and go get more stuff. Usually it's Clear Spheres, Power or Mana or Speed Spheres depending what type of ability I am working on, or AP points to move around on the SG on. You burn through those quick in Clearing spheres here and there and Installing spheres the same way but elsewhere. I appreciate your timely and informative response to my question. Have a good day.

Keep'n on play'n da GAME!

Gamer X
    If we forget the experience past in the course of human events we will reap greater tragedies than were once before.