Thread: Info-Maxed out Characters on Sphere Grid_Results!

Info-Maxed out Characters on Sphere Grid_Results! Gamer X's Avatar

Thumbs up Info-Maxed out Characters on Sphere Grid_Results!

Hey Gamers!:

I have been playing FFX for a while. I finaly got around to figuring out how to max out my player characters on the Sphere Grid. First, I removed all the low value Skill nodes and replaced them with the maximum values. I found out how to get Clear Spheres on this very Forum. You have to beat three fiends in succession at the Arena after you capture all critters required in the various areas of the game. It says you need 5 but I only got it to work after getting all ten. It took a while.

I didn't max out the Luck value, as I only boosted it to around 110. This is so you have a better chance of getting rare items but still can readily get common items which are needed just as much, too! I then placed additional maximum value Spheres for various Skills and Attributes to get them up to 255 or within 4 points of it without exceeding that value, as I don't know what would happen if one did.

I boosted the Aions, too, by using spheres you collect during battles. I got their values up some but it takes a lot of spheres to get just a little boost. After doing that for a while it starts being like work.

By removing the low value Spheres I created many vacant nodes on the Grid. There was a very dramatic shift in the look of the Grid after I got done. Then I went a filled in all the vacant nodes with many HP Spheres and some MP Spheres. For final values I had the HP at about 64,000 for the Characters and I had 2 characters with 3000 MP plus the massive HP boost because I made special custom Shields for them. This took very many hours of sometimes tedious play to do.

When I finally got that done I made my way to the final battle. The Final Battle was more like a Cerimony or Ritual then a fight. The Dark Aions were taken down in one shot. Jeckt took a couple and that blobby look'n bug creature Yu Yevon was done in a few clashes. I guess I'd rather battle a bit more at the end then spending the hours I did redoing the Sphere Grid. I wanted to see what I could get out of it and now I know. Hope the info helps in your quests.

Keep'n on play'n da GAME!

Gamer X
    If we forget the experience past in the course of human events we will reap greater tragedies than were once before.

Protecter of the Crystals Info-Maxed out Characters on Sphere Grid_Results! rydia123's Avatar
    deep. lol

i like how you took all that time to max it out
    because i bet it was a hard and time consuming project
    Last edited by rydia123; 08-18-2009 at 10:03 PM.
    Its a madhouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A MADHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AAAAAA MADDDHOUSSSSEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Info-Maxed out Characters on Sphere Grid_Results! Polk's Avatar
    Rydia123: More content would be nice. Try to say something constructive in your posts. One-word posts are generally frowned upon in these here parts.

As for the thread: Just a couple of things, here. Did you finish the sphere grid before messing around with clear spheres? Unless I'm reading this totally wrong, it seems like you just removed the lower stat locations you weren't planning on using. One thing to note is that if you remove a stat sphere, any characters who used that sphere DO NOT lose that stat bonus. So it's always advised to finish the grid first before doing any sort of stat maxing stuff.

Second: I implied from your post that you spent a lot of time grinding for spheres for leveling aeons. Aeons are much easier to level up by just leveling Yuna. Obviously, this won't raise your aeons' stats fully, but it's a lot better than mercilessly grinding for spheres. Here is a handy little guide on that.

Third: Luck really doesn't account for a lot when you get higher in the stat pool. Luck helps with getting critical hits, you hitting an enemy (ie hitting an enemy with higher agility/evasion), and enemies hitting you (I don't think it affects stealing/winning rare items, that's more of a set percentage thing). Obviously, as our stats get higher, we need to worry about most of these things. Unless you're a perfectionist like, ahem, myself), you don't need a giant luck stat. What you have is more than enough.

Oh, and one last thing. I swear to God, I've linked this so many times, but I can't say it enough how helpful this guide was to me. It's good for giving you a better understanding of the stat maxing process. Give it a good read.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.