Thread: FFX = movie, not a game !!

divi

FFX = movie, not a game !!

FFX is not a game, its movie! I make a few steps in game and suddenly is some video and many speaknig. Then is end, i make next 5 steps, kill 1 creature and next speaking!! Horrible...

That's typical in every FF and when you begin playing the FF series you have to be aware that there are many video sequences. It's just normal.
    And by the way it's only the beginning. You have to fight your way thorugh all the videos. It's Square's way to build up the story of FFX. And I think it's really useful to have those videos.
    After.. let's say ~2 hours of playing you won't have to watch as many videos as in the beginning, so just play a bit more. =)

Nom. FFX = movie, not a game !! Echo's Avatar
    No, not really. Final Fantasy X is filled with a load of voiceovers when your talking to other characters. It's the same in any game where you talk to them, but instead of them actually talking you just mash the X button to keep going. So no, it's just normal dialogue.

However, since you don't get to mash the button, and since voice acting is still fairly new (Age of Conan did that somewhat as well, but after the first island it got verrry quiet), it feels like your control is taken away from you during these conversations. It really depends on how you look at it, but even if you think FFX is a movie with little cuts in it to battle a bit, then it's still one helluva movie.
    .:\~`My TFF Family`~/:.

Setzer = Father
    ~Crazy Chocobo~= Mother
    $Nanaki$ = Uncle
    Rikkuffx = Sister
    SelphieTilmitt = Aunt
    perfect shadow = Uncle

Yea I'm back. After three years. So my family is probably dead or don't remember me.

divi
    I know its typicall, but FFVII was very good ! Great story, lot of fun.... But in FFX is more speaking then in FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX...

Probably because it's the first Final Fantasy to have voice overs? Cause you know, I have you read everything in all the other ones. I don't know why someone would dislike the cut scenes. It just makes it so you don't have to mash X when waiting for a scene to end to get rid of dialogue, now you just sit and wait for it to pass by as they speak to you, don't even have to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by divi View Post
    I know its typicall, but FFVII was very good ! Great story, lot of fun.... But in FFX is more speaking then in FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX...
    You know, that's not quite right. I had the feeling that in FFVII there was much more speaking, because you needed more time to go through the conversations. If I remember correctly, I spent half an hour seeing Cloud remember all of his life with Tifa (in the lifestream). HALF AN HOUR. xD" That was so damned long that I really wanted to skip everything, not reading anymore. I fought my way through, but it still was annoying. .-. In FFX, you didn't have to wait half an hour - they spoke quite fast, so long conversations weren't that bad.
    What I want to say? I had the feeling that all scenes in FFX were as long as those in the other games - only that you saw and heard them, not only reading them. (Which really takes longer .-.")
    Btw. especially in FFVII I had the impression that the conversations would never end, because there was so much story in such a short game.

Registered User FFX = movie, not a game !! Draykonus's Avatar
    In all, I found the dialogue and cutscenes enriching and informative, not a waste of time. If any game had an annoying amount of time-wasters, it would be Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, but that is understandable.

Something smells shiesty... FFX = movie, not a game !! IceColdPillow's Avatar
    Well, the first time playing ffx through, i found the cutscenes entertaining, it really built the characters up and defined them more than any other ff game. BUT, I can see how the beggining can get monotonous and annoying, although if you want the whole experience, be patient and watch it through, you won't regret it. [Plus, the cutscenes layoff after a while]
    How about I wash your mouth out with a revolver?....

Lets be best friends

Pig Spot ... Shut Up ... Wait ... FFX = movie, not a game !! tre skills's Avatar
    i agree with icecoldpillow soz i dont really have much to write
    [Fav FF: IX & X ]

[Currently Playing: FF X-2]

[Final Fantasy's Beaten: FF VI (snes) - FF IX - FF X]

Captain FFX = movie, not a game !! scifi1980's Avatar
    For X-2 and 12 they really cut back on the voiceover work.

In Final Fantasy 10 Id say about 90% or 95% of all the people in that game had a voice over. I thought it was awesome and it's still my second favorite FF next to 7.

Nom. FFX = movie, not a game !! Echo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scifi1980 View Post
    For X-2 and 12 they really cut back on the voiceover work.

In Final Fantasy 10 Id say about 90% or 95% of all the people in that game had a voice over. I thought it was awesome and it's still my second favorite FF next to 7.
    Not to mention the voice actors did a superb job
    .:\~`My TFF Family`~/:.

Setzer = Father
    ~Crazy Chocobo~= Mother
    $Nanaki$ = Uncle
    Rikkuffx = Sister
    SelphieTilmitt = Aunt
    perfect shadow = Uncle

Yea I'm back. After three years. So my family is probably dead or don't remember me.

The cutscenes/FMV's only add to the game's story, they create an atmosphere and let you know what's happening, and are always enjoyable to watch either way. Given, there are a lot of cutscenes in the game, but I don't really feel they are annoying.

I think I'm beginning to understand. An answer from the Planet, the Promised Land...I think I can meet her...there.

ponchoandy
    Stop QQing dude. FF has always been about story more then anything else. If you don't like it, just play something else. It's pretty simple.