Thread: What is our Purpose?

Member of The Promised Land psychosyd's Avatar

What is our Purpose?

Alright, in light of the creation of EGB, and Quinas statements about joining because of dislike for some of us... I got to thinking.

As SOLDIER members, seeing this new eve, new beginning for many of us in college, and for SOLDIER in general... I want to know what you guys think we should stand for. As a collective, what should SOLDIER be about, what is it we honor, what is it we dislike? What do you want out of SOLDIER... what use will it have, or better what do you want to use it for... Honestly... though we don't want a set limit... what kind of membership ammount should we have ROUGHLY...

Discuss...

The Old Skool Warrior What is our Purpose? LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    SOLDIER should stand for what it really is: timely veterans of TFF.

Perhaps we should rename ourselves AARP instead, and beg the government for more Social Security. That'll show all those young whippersnappers!
    >_<;;

But really though, we honor time. We have a two year minimum along with reputable posting habits here on the forum. We really are "elite," but not in the form that everyone thinks we are. We really are better than them, but not in the jackass way we seem to appear. Why are we better? Because we stick it out. We say what we think. We're blunt. And we're intelligent.

EBG holds the same standards, just with a shorter time limit. Whatever we claim for ourselves, it shouldn't put them down in any way whatsoever. We should be against the mainstream ideas. We should stand for the very essence of creativity and intelligence instead of what everyone else wants us to be. They don't matter. They're not in SOLDIER. Why should their opinions influence us?

Simply put, SOLDIER should be SOLDIER. Nothing more; nothing less.

As far as a "rough" member number... I can't see us growing to more than 20. It would really detract from that "upper-class" feel that we're going for. If we let everyone in, it's no longer a matter of being "elite" now, is it? So yeah... somewhere around there.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Bananarama What is our Purpose? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I completely agree. We're the AARP of TFF, forget the hurse cause we're never gonna die! (sorry listening to too much AC/DC)

We do honor time, we're the crusty old vets at the VFW, talking about the war and how we saved America from the Japs that nobody wants to hear, but everyone honors them for what they did. Yeah baby, thats us
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Blog Entries
    HA! HAHAHA!

Shit, this is hilarious. While we're talking about what we stand for, I'd like to direct your attention toward the EBG Application thread. Don't you find it that EBG has already stated that they are not a group that's anti-SOLDIER in their announcement a comforting thing? Yet look at the members who are applying.

"You seem nicer to your members than SOLDIER!"
    "SOLDIER is full of pricks!"
    "I want in because SOLDIER is stupid!"
    "SOLDIER sucks the big one!"
    "**** SOLDIER!"

Okay, so they don't ALL go like that, but it's the basic idea. Sickening, eh?

I hope all of those anti-SOLDIER pricks aren't allowed in. Why not? Because EBG was very clearly non-anti-SOLDIER. They're just a friendly rival, not Communist North Korea. I'm tempted to post in their application thread a direct quote from the announcement that states that they're neutral toward us. That'll shut 'em all up. They should go join the Red Wings or form their own little cult or something.

Morons.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.

Member of The Promised Land psychosyd's Avatar
    Either that or just contact Kaz and Quistis pointing this out or something

Then again, its their issue not us... if it becomes a contradiction of their statements and their character... its mud on their face, all we have to do is stand back and say hail to EBG and support them as a present clan

Kill with kindness ya know?
    Spoiler:
    Member of SOLDIER

Blog Entries
    It's okay; I fixed the issue with diplomacy over AIM.
    (And by showing Kaz a copy of my previous post. He took it quite seriously.)

I want to make something crystal clear..

And now, back to our regularly scheduled topic.
    I'm changing my sig again.

(It's gonna include old CW and FW banners along with the SOLDIER one and say "SOLDIER: it's all about the history")

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

I don't really think we need to stand for anything. We're not here to fight some war or get in confrontations with other groups. We're here cause we're fucking better than everyone else. Being better than everyone is a good enough purpose for me. Fuckem.