Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SeeD: Sprouting a New Generation. (A Final Fantasy VIII RP)

Hitsugi
    I'm a little scared Malahk's last post was too similiar to mine..

What is this I don't even Musashiden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsugi View Post
    I'm a little scared Malahk's last post was too similiar to mine..
    XD

Want me to change it? I was completely unaware .

Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken?
    Thread killer extraordinaire since 4/20/01.
    Tumblr | Twitter

It's all just a joke SeeD: Sprouting a New Generation. (A Final Fantasy VIII RP) Acheron's Avatar
    Okay well I don't know if I have to wait for approval, but I'll be making an intro post pretty soon, nothing too complex, I hope haha.

Hitsugi
    Quote Originally Posted by Malahk Musashi View Post
    XD

Want me to change it? I was completely unaware .

Not neccesarily. Just thought it was strange for our characters to both think and do the same thing.

Courage, Character, Confidence. SeeD: Sprouting a New Generation. (A Final Fantasy VIII RP) Lunasa's Avatar
    Nah. Post right away. Bear in mind you'll be marked late in this instance, though. And sorry for those of you expecting a reply last night. My connection decided to kill itself while I was talking to Fehrant.

And, actually, Acheron, I want you to re-read the context. Completely. Please. MOST IMPORTANTLY: Quistis is not your instructor. Quistis IS A HEADMASTER. Quistis is twenty-eight. *points above* You have a mid-aged women named Rita Felsar. Read it, please.

And for those of you who have yet to reply: I've sent you PMs to see if you remain interested.
    Last edited by Lunasa; 02-29-2008 at 09:32 PM.

"Let oneself make oneself a fool. Blind. Senseless. Confused."
    ~Anonymous

It's all just a joke SeeD: Sprouting a New Generation. (A Final Fantasy VIII RP) Acheron's Avatar
    I read the context just fine. I never said that Quistis was Jackson's instructor, if you look at my post, you'll see that he merely refers to her as "Instructor". I'm well aware that Felsar is my Instructor, at the end of the post, Jackson is told such.

Now while I don't know when Quistis was made a Headmaster, Jackson's reference to her as "Instructor", was intended to be a joke between the two of them.

Courage, Character, Confidence. SeeD: Sprouting a New Generation. (A Final Fantasy VIII RP) Lunasa's Avatar
    But Quistis is all the way in Trabia being a headmaster. He wouldn't have some sort of report with her at all. You wouldn't have known her that way when your character was eight. She quit instructing, remember, during the events of the game? And shortly after that, she was transferred to Trabia. How would he have known her well enough to develop an inside joke?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa
    Ten years have passed since the phenomena of Time Compression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa
    No one may be related to any Tilmitts, Kinneas’, Leonharts, Dinchts, Trepes, Kramers, Almasys, Loires, Seagills, Zabacs, Heartillys or any other cannon FFVIII lineage without clearing the story via PM.
    This includes any sort of relationship. It was my intention that the only Canon RP character to ever be brought up would be Squall, as he is the headmaster. Other than the setting(Balamb Garden) and canon events happening beforehand, this is an entirely off canon RP.
    Last edited by Lunasa; 03-01-2008 at 07:09 AM.

~Anonymous

It's all fixed now. I've changed Quistis to one of Jackson's friends, who is also a teaching assistant for an unnamed instructor at the moment, I hope this isn't an issue as well. Sorry I didn't read the context in the way you intended, I didn't see the issue in using Quistis.
    Last edited by Acheron; 03-01-2008 at 10:30 AM.

Your Emily character is fine.

Though, the issue is that your character would have been too young to have known Quistis in that manner. It's not like Quistis to talk to some random eight-year-old and be dandy until he becomes a SeeD ten years later. Bear in mind that Quistis is now 28 and your character 18. She wouldn't have blushed- she'd have demanded respect, even if she were a member of this Garden.

Either way, it's all fixed now and I like the Teacher Assistant thing. I had it in the back of my mind all along, to tell the truth. I wasn't sure if anyone would have seen it peculiar, but it seemed realistic enough. Emily is an official teacher assistant.
    Last edited by Lunasa; 03-01-2008 at 02:23 PM.

~Anonymous

Well I'm glad Emily is fine and that the matter is cleared up but...

To say that Quistis wouldn't blush or anything like that is pretty much saying that she's a flat character. Demanded respect? Yes, more than likely but I was going to present a serious of events which Jackson went through, that would explain why they were close. No matter though, it's a dead issue and all fixed, those events will be explained through his relationship with Emily or another character.

Glad that it works out, sorry for the situation to begin with, it won't happen again.

Thoughts on my fight? Anyone? =]

Quote Originally Posted by xXViviXx View Post
    well.. i just read your very recent post on the rp... looks like yours was very interesting and thrilling to be with if i'm going to include my character to yours... right now i'm still thinking about my next role-play on the thread..like i'm my character was on the way to the dorm...until your character saw her there...hehehe i don't know if you like it since you are asking for fighting, you know hehehe!! how about that? or, what can you say about that?

Saved from wrath
    Romans 6:23

oh i'm sorry if you did not understand what i am talking about... well to be simple i can say that your character (on your fight) looks thrilling to me.. hehehe that's all!! please bear with me...

Saved from wrath

Oh lol! Cool,sorry for the misunderstanding =]

Oh lol! Cool,sorry for the misunderstanding =]
    it's ok if your character wants to fight with mine (hehehe that's what i mean awhile ago) i don't know if it's ok to you... what do you think?

Saved from wrath

Sure but Hitsugi asked me first but sure, yeah just not now lol =]

ok that's fine... just let me know if you're ready...just make sure that the setting should be near outside of the dorm (somewhere there) thanks!!

Saved from wrath

My reason for fighting you?

anything you want... according to your character's attitude... i don't care...

Saved from wrath

Finding Answers SeeD: Sprouting a New Generation. (A Final Fantasy VIII RP) Fehrant's Avatar
    Funny question. How about your thoughts on other posts?

Yeah, the other posts were pretty cool. Your character's pretty hard core =] Those girls got freaked out haha!

Hitsugi
    I guess I'm the only one who would prefer not to use two characters in my posts

Finding Answers SeeD: Sprouting a New Generation. (A Final Fantasy VIII RP) Fehrant's Avatar
    Anyone can tell you this, but having two characters isn't a necessity. Right now there isn't much character interaction between us, so a second character gives you more to write about.

Hitsugi
    Well I think that's cheap way to get quantity into posts when it should be about quality.

I don't think so. It's a matter of preference. Most people resort to jumps into the past and/or retrospection. I personally think that through other NPCs --due of the nature of these RPs that do not let you take control over other (non-NPC) characters-- one truly manages to show the nature of his character. If everyone just sat on the corner, and pondered about past events, the plot would only move inside the characters, and not as a whole.

You may argue it's cheaper, but I think that depends on how it's handled. Personally, I don't see anything special making your posts stand out (quality) from someone who uses two characters as an excuse.

Hitsugi
    Meh, I'm not arguing. Just stating my opinion

Neither am I. What I'm trying to get at, is that none of us really stand out as RPers, therefore "cheap" is a matter of perception.

ENOUGH! Exchange between PMs, please. And I gave sole permission for Fehrant to use a dormate. You may do so as well. And I will address this as well in the first post. Basic guide to them(and I even said this to Fehrant)is to keep them real. They will not always be in the same Dorm as your character; they have a life of their own. And most importantly: THEY DO NOT ATTEND CLASS WITH YOU. Even if they're a SeeD canidate as well, they are in a different class, no questions asked. Thank you.

If I may make a note, that most of the SeeD canidates have not properly wielded a weapon and WOULD NOT be able to take down a T-Rexaur single-handedly. I could understand if you merely damaged the creature, but taking it down... Not yet. Sides. You're not going to be canidates forever. I'd be a foolish RP manager to do that.
    Last edited by Lunasa; 03-07-2008 at 06:49 PM.

~Anonymous

Sure. No problem! I will change it A.S.A.P! =]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast