Thread: RP Idea: Testocles The Mighty

Banned RP Idea: Testocles The Mighty

RP Idea: Testocles The Mighty

I have this idea burning a hole in my head.

I want to get a group of writers from this community together to break the ice, start writing again.

A light hearted Action/Comedy Adventure set in a Fantasy world with a casual sort of play style would be perfect for that. Nothing serious nothing hardcore or messy, just old fashion fun, humor, and good times.

This idea came to me via a video game character.

I've had this Skyrim character for some time now. He is a Bard/warrior (more Bard than warrior). A drunken, charismatic playboy who relies on his quick tongue, charm, and fortitude of his followers to survive the perils of Tamriel.

Testocles is his name (a play on the Greek General Themistocles), and no ES character of mine has been as fun, comedic and rewarding to play as. This is a man who has 100 speech and sneak, with 30 one-handed and two-handed.*He carries himself with the bravado of a hallowed champion and veteran warlord. His most notable conquests are of the female form, and his most epic battles were against sexually transmitted diseases.

He's a coward, a drunk, hound, and snake. But he's charming, lovable, and always seems to redeem himself. He's incredibly smart and resourceful, although downright refuses to fight or engage in conflict of any kind.

I want to adapt Testocles to an RP. make him less cowardly, actually a warrior, but a fool of a man, vulnerable and failable at his core. The lovable, comedic hero.

If I can get ANYONE interested in an RP like this, we can step the **** up and start making some progress toward saving the RP scene here, before it doesn't exist at all.

I'm looking to working on the plot with those involved. It's a casual project, so the focus is having fun and getting some writing done.

Consistently Average RP Idea: Testocles The Mighty Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What if you made it Elder Scrolls related where we use characters that we've created in the game as a possible option. I've created a few characters on oblivion who already have some sort of back story so it wouldn't be too hard to adapt one of them.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Courage, Character, Confidence. RP Idea: Testocles The Mighty Lunasa's Avatar
    I'm on board. What information would you like from my character

"Let oneself make oneself a fool. Blind. Senseless. Confused."
    ~Anonymous

Kurt: I don't mind ES adaptations on a strictly character level, but I don't want to do an Elder Scrolls RP, or use ES magic, items, etc.

Luna: We should focus on a plot of some kind before the characters. I find that process produces much better characters that work better within said plot.

Testocles is just a bare concept awaiting a plot to be tailored for. But his role is 1 dimensional. He's the hilarious, over-the-top brute who gets us in more trouble than he frees us from. So regardless of the plot he will serve the same function.

Having said this, feel free to work on your character(s) as you see fit. If you feel up to drafting a Character Sheet, please do.*

The Mad God RP Idea: Testocles The Mighty Heartless Angel's Avatar
    I love comedy action RPs. I once did a DnD campaign based on 8 bit theater. Count me in.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

So I should go ahead and create a plot myself?

EDIT: Okay, off the dome, then you all can weigh in with thoughts and ideas and we can modify this thing until everyone is happy and get started:

Luna, your character is going to be pivotal to this plot. You're (for whatever reason, and having whatever history you want) searching for a legendary dagger said to belong to the God Rangar. A weapon lost to him in battle with Serpentus.

This dagger makes whomever possesses it immortal, and invisible, so long as they possess the dagger. Meaning you can be immortal and indestructible one minute, and in a matter of someone snatching it from your waist, return to your fragile, mortal self.

You will find Tetocles in your travels and unwillingly, through random circumstances take on a loyal follower and defender. He falls in love with your character, and you quickly find that Testocles can be very useful to have as a lap-dog, decoy, meat shield, hatchman, scapegoat, fodder, bargaining chip, or something nice to look at.

I'll also be playing another character. The polar opposite of Testocles. A dead-serious, brooding yet common-mannered stereotype badass yet humbled hero destined (by his own belief) to return the dagger to Rangar................ (lol) HIS FATHER! he doesn't have ANY Demi-God powers, don't worry, his father is just crazy.

Testocles is the real son of Rangar. Erm, the developmentally challenged bastard child of Rangar... But still!

The chemistry between these two characters, the stark contrast of serious badass, and goofy comedian should produce some good moments.

Beyond this I feel we can wing-it. I surprised myself with what I came up with. Has great potential for action and humor with a real plot.

I think this is going to be a blast, I'll keep this afloat myself if it dies before a conclusion.
    Last edited by OutlawTorn; 10-24-2014 at 10:14 AM.

Are still looking at an Elder Scrolls type setting, or something more modern?
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

If the ancient Greek vibe hasn't hit to by now, you need to watch 300 ASAP. XP

I wouldn't describe it as "Elder Scrolls", or Skyrim which is heavily inspired by medieval Nordic culture.

Tradition fantasy. Think Greek mythology as a base, but don't by shy on the creativity. It's a fun-geared endeavour.

I'm thinking a drunk kleptomaniac, possibly an old drinking buddy of Testocles.