Thread: OOC: Eternal Conflict

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy OOC: Eternal Conflict Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries

OOC: Eternal Conflict

Overview: Eternal Conflict (couldn't come up with a better title) is a Dissidia-like story, with my own special touches. Instead of just Final Fantasy characters, the roster extends to basically any universe, including anime, manga, and just video games in general, and doesn't limit the roster to just FF characters. The story is still in its embyonic stage, but together we can turn it into a good story. This thread is for signups, suggestions, and ordinary discussions. Just imagine Samus going up against the likes of Sosuke Aizen, or Naruto going up against Wario. The possibilities are amazing!

Setting: To celebrate the upcoming Dissidia game, the setting is a huge planet with portals leading to different places. A portal to any location is fair game, and you could even add that fiery place in Mortal Kombat (the name escapes me). The world itself could be the leader's world, or a neutral world, while the portals lead to other characters' worlds.

Characters that can participate: Since it's "Role Playing" you can choose to be your favorite character from your favorite game or show. The limit is one hero and one villain. The reason I say this is because 1) Everybody wants to be Cloud, or Sephiroth, or Kirby, etc. If everyone picks the same character, we lose the possibility of a roster full of variety. 2) If you pick more than the limit, chances are, a player wants to be one of the 19 characters you have chosen for yourself. original characters (characters you have created) are welcome, but it'll be more difficult because you have to come up with a lot of things to keep the story going (not like that ever stopped anybody, right?).

I'll provide my characters now, and feel free to use this template for character description if you want. You'll be required to put at least a name, the world they're from, abilities, and EX Mode (a more powerful form of the hero; a transformation). If the hero or villain has no transformation, let me know and we can discuss how we can do without one.

Hero
    Name: Zatch Bell and Kiyo(maro) Takamine
    Series: Zatch Bell!
    Weapon: Red Spellbook
    Abilities: Lightning attacks
    EX Mode: Golden Book
    Description: Zatch Bell (Gash Bell in the Japanese version and English manga)is the main protagonist of the Zatch Bell anime/manga, a boy with the innate ability to launch lightning attacks. Though the boy always means well, it's a good idea to keep a good eye on him as he always gets into trouble whenever he lacks adult supervision. He is a boy from the Mamodo world, and has been sent to the human world to fight other Mamodo for the throne of their world.

Kiyo (Kiyomaro in the Japanese version and English manga) Takamine is Zatch Bell's friend and partner in the fight against Mamodo. Kiyo's high IQ makes him an excellent tactician in battle, something that has saved the duo from a number of battles. He is the only one who can read the words from Zatch's red book, and from it he can cast spells. He can be calm most of the time, but is quick to lose his temper with the slightest provocation. Kiyo's participation in this story may seem unfair, but neither Zatch or Kiyo can fight without each other.

Villain
    Name: Zeno and Dufort
    Series: Zatch Bell
    Weapon: Silver Spellbook
    Abilities: Lightning Attacks
    EX Mode: Lightning Emperor
    Description: Zeno is a boy who looks exactly like Zatch, save for the white cloak, pale skin, white hair, and purple eyes. While Zatch strives to become a kind king to end the fight between Mamodo, Zeno on the other hand holds a grudge against the innocent Mamodo for unknown reasons. In fact, he erased Zatch's memories of the Mamodo world when they both arrived in the human world to look for a human partner. His reasons may be unknown, but one thing's for sure: Zeno is Zatch's enemy in this conflict.

Dufort is a man whom Zeno found wandering in the North Pole. Always calm, never would anyone guess he was the subject of multiple experiments since he was a young boy. He possesses a hidden ability that allows him to predict the enemy's movements (which will be used only in cutscenes to avoid godmodding). With that ability and Zeno's powerful lightning, the duo are a force to be reckoned with.

Stages: You can add the stages the portals lead. I'll include one for now, but feel free to suggest more.

Stage name: Faudo Tower
    Series: Zatch Bell!
    Description: Faudo Tower is an enormous tower brought from the Mamodo world. It's taller than Mt. Fuji, and the top contains a forest, some buildings, a fountain, and a mysterious giant lock that is the seal that binds the Mamodo weapon inside: Faudo.

----------

And this is it for now. Remember that RP rules and general forum rules still apply. I'll give this a week, and once we have a decent number of players, we can either begin right away or choose more characters to add, the latter in case we don't have a reasonable amount.

EDIT: Zeno's EX Mode is something I totally made up. You can make up an EX Mode for your character too if he/she doesn't have a transformation or an ultimate weapon.
    Last edited by Leon; 02-13-2011 at 11:49 PM.
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine