Thread: Unsolved Mysteries (FFVII version)

Registered User Unsolved Mysteries (FFVII version) NeoAquarius12's Avatar

Unsolved Mysteries (FFVII version)

Of course, it's probably a long shot (A VERY long shot), but I have been pondering some questions about the FFVII Universe set after the events of AC and DC... you know, incase I ever had to create an original story for a sequel to the game because Squenix magically hears about me... or whatever. haha.

So here they are:

1: Is Midgar habitable after Meteorfall?

I never paid attention to the locations in AC, but I thought they were in Midgar. But in DC, they do say that the city is "now unihabitable" due to poisonous mako levels. Of course, Vincent then goes into the city anyway, but maybe he's immune, or maybe the poison takes a long time to set in. And then there is the whole FFVII ending... haha. But if there ever was a sequel, I want to know if I could place events there, even if they are short in length.

2: Did Rufus live after AC?

I know he was there, but I don't know if there was a clear answer on if he makes it out of the city at the end. He isn't mentioned at all in DC except for a small convo between Vincent and Reeve that gives no real answer to this question.

3. How does Cait operate?

I thought Reeve controlled him from inside a computer room, but in DC, it is pretty clear that the Cait dolls can operate without Reeve. HOwwww?

4. How did the Ancients die out?

I know how the LAST one died, but do they ever explain what happened to the ones living in the Village of the Ancients? I think the answer to this question could come with great results in a new story if there isn't already one in place.

5. Do you believe the Turks will still exist after these events?

I know Reno and Rude are around, and still suited up... but are they Turks? Or are they just some really strong dudes? haha. I would like to think they can still operate. I have some pretty neat designs for NEW Turks, but it'll be useless if there aren't any anymore.

Those are just a few, and maybe I'll have more.

Incase you were wondering, I thought Denzel would make a great main character.

Re: Unsolved Mysteries (FFVII version)

Quote Originally Posted by NeoAquarius12 View Post
    Of course, it's probably a long shot (A VERY long shot), but I have been pondering some questions about the FFVII Universe set after the events of AC and DC... you know, incase I ever had to create an original story for a sequel to the game because Squenix magically hears about me... or whatever. haha.

So here they are:

I never paid attention to the locations in AC, but I thought they were in Midgar. But in DC, they do say that the city is "now unihabitable" due to poisonous mako levels. Of course, Vincent then goes into the city anyway, but maybe he's immune, or maybe the poison takes a long time to set in. And then there is the whole FFVII ending... haha. But if there ever was a sequel, I want to know if I could place events there, even if they are short in length.

I know he was there, but I don't know if there was a clear answer on if he makes it out of the city at the end. He isn't mentioned at all in DC except for a small convo between Vincent and Reeve that gives no real answer to this question.

I thought Reeve controlled him from inside a computer room, but in DC, it is pretty clear that the Cait dolls can operate without Reeve. HOwwww?

I know how the LAST one died, but do they ever explain what happened to the ones living in the Village of the Ancients? I think the answer to this question could come with great results in a new story if there isn't already one in place.

I know Reno and Rude are around, and still suited up... but are they Turks? Or are they just some really strong dudes? haha. I would like to think they can still operate. I have some pretty neat designs for NEW Turks, but it'll be useless if there aren't any anymore.

Those are just a few, and maybe I'll have more.

Incase you were wondering, I thought Denzel would make a great main character.
    1. The city was indeed Midgar, however it was renamed Edge for some reason. I never played Dirge of Cerberus so I don't know anything about the city bieng uninhabitable.

2. In the end, Rufus was cured of his Geostigma, so there's a good chance he's not dead.

3. I'm pretty sure Reeve still controls Cait Sith, but probably in a secluded location. I don't know honestly.
    EDIT: I actually remember seeing that scene you mentioned on Youtube,so I'm not too sure now. Probably should play the game

4. The ancients were killed by Jenova. They explained this through Gast's video logs back at Icicle Inn: Jenova came from space and appeared as a friend to the ancients, but then started a disease that spread among the ancients and turn almost all of them into monsters.

5. I'm pretty sure the Turks still exist. Rufus is still around so he may continue to need thier services.
    Last edited by scorptatious; 07-19-2010 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoAquarius12 View Post

So here they are:

The town of Edge is outside of Midgar, towards the edge of it. It is in fact not midgar. Midgar is no longer inhabitable.

I think this one should be a given, he did not die during the events of AC so it is presumed that his geostigma was cured like everyone else.

Remote access. Reeve has access to him with out a computer. DoC kind of gives this light.

Most of them were killed by Jenova. Other then that it is pretty unexplained.

All of the turks that survived VII are still in tact, including Reno and Rude. So I assume even though they might not call their selves Turks they will still go by the code. .
    See the bold.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

HRH Albha Unsolved Mysteries (FFVII version) Aerif's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To understand how the Ancients died out you have to bare in mind what actually distinguished the Ancients from normal human beings.

Basically (and when I figured this out, I almost cried a little), the Anicents were gypsies who migrated from land to land (the game mistranslates it to Planet-to-Planet, though the Ultimania Omega guide reportedly clears this up). The only real difference between the Ancients and humans was that the Ancients had a closer spiritual relationship with the Planet.

When Jenova came, she made contact with some of the Ancients, in the form of their ancestors, and infected them with her cells, which drove them crazy and transformed them into the monsters that inhabit the Planet. Thus destroying a number of the Ancients.

After that happened, the Ancients caught onto Jenova's scheme and launched an assault against her. They were unable to completely kill her, but did manage to seal her within the Northern Crater, the place she had landed from space. The assault would not have been without casualties though, thus killing a number of Ancients.

The rest of the Ancients were likely 'lost' due to their lack of migration. They married humans and their children lost blood purity, and because of the nature of the Ancients, after generations of non-practice, the children would likely become normal humans.

It seems unlikely to me that there are no Ancients left on the Planet after the supposed 'last Ancient' dies. Ifalna encountered Dr. Gast on her journeys, and it seems unlikely that she would be travelling alone, or even that she was an only child.

I'm sure as the Compilation grows, more Ancients will appear.

I should definitely replay FFVII. It's been a whole 4 years, but my third disc is broke and that game is rare AND expensive, a deadly combination. haha.

I did want to include a story line about Ancients, but we see the last one die. But it is true that Aeris was only the last ancient with a traced lineage. Maybe there's more out there. Waiting. And if they are from outter space, more can come, right? haha

You can buy FFVII on PSN right now. No need for discs.

Also Aerif stated it pretty well on what happened to most of the Ancients as for the others, who knows.

As you stated their could be more or even severely diluted blood from mating with non-ancients.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

True. But that's even more costly since I'd have to buy an entire PS3 to get the game. haha.

I don't know for sure. That's why I came to this site. haha. I don't think anyone would be opposed to a storyline to the genetics of the Cetra coming out in another character.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Midgar is a ruin in Advent Children, so obviously not. A new city was built just outside of Midgar, and it's named Edge.

You could debate this one, but I think he lived. He was caught with a net during the scene where he was falling. Although you don't actually see his face, or any movement from his hand, I think he was still alive.

Cait was controlled by Reeve, at Shinra HQ.

The Ancients, or the Cetra began to branch out and settle, caring for the planet in doing so (Sephiroth mentions that they were traitors in that respect, and calls Cloud one).

What happened then was that Jenova crash landed on Gaia in the Northern Continent, causing a wound to the planet that wouldn't ever be healed. Jenova then emerged from the site, and then went on a rampage around Gaia, destroying the settlements with a virus which made the Ancients turn into monsters.

I'm pretty sure as long as they have someone to lead them (i.e. Rufus Shinra), they'll still be Turks. They seem to loyal too be able to work without a leader, although I'm assuming Tsung or Elena would be a likely candidate.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.