Thread: Future Compliation Titles

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    FF:Zero (RMXP) - Writer/Director Future Compliation Titles Petros's Avatar

Future Compliation Titles

WARNING: THIS CONTAINS MINOR SPOILERS FOR FINAL FANTASY VII AND THE TITLES OF THE COMPILATION OF FINAL FANTASY VII. DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO HEAR SOME OF THESE SPOILERS.

This is not a Topic to discuss whether you like the Compilation or say that you hope they don't make any more continuations. This is a "What If?" question for the fans of Final Fantasy VII, asking what they would like to see from their own suggestions, give us a plot idea whatever.

Now before I start this I'm just going to go into the Compliation so far, describing my personal thoughts of it.

So we know that the Compilation didn't go down too well with the public, Advent Children received mixed reviews for it's confusing story but incredible graphical quality and CGI battles. Dirge of Cerberus was not well liked, though personally I enjoyed it and it's story people took it way too seriously, Crisis Core was very well received probably because it's the closest to the original story and answers a few questions Dirge, Advent and the original game did not answer. Before Crisis never made it across shores so I can't comment on that.

The latest release is Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete, which I personally think was a far more refined product that the original and far more enjoyable as it was better written and it actually felt like a feature movie not a bad anime episode. It covered a lot more of the character's development, specifically with regards to the once whiny-emo Cloud who in Complete I saw as more of a hero with a burden in Complete because you knew he was still fighting not just moping over Aeris and Zack. Yet even in this fighting spirit he had, which was on the verge of breaking, you could feel his guilt over their deaths as the story progressed at a still break-neck speed. I think Crisis Core helped out a lot because it gave Zack more prominence which allowed for what I think is the best scene in Advent Children Complete, Zack and Cloud conversing in the weird white spirit world, which I think brings Cloud's story to a full-circle and his guilty conscious to be lifted an become the hero Zack wanted to be himself, Cloud became his living legacy as he promised. That coupled with Cloud telling Marlene and the audience his reason for leaving, more of his relationship with Tifa and reasoning as to why he felt so guilty over Aeris' death, I think turned the original rather dull Michael Bay-esque movie into something perhaps not James Cameron would be proud of but at the very least George Lucas (Come on people, he's really not that great a director he's a much better writer, it shows in Empire that Kershner directed).

Which leads me to the question of the day:

If the compilation should continue, what would you like to see? Apparently they are considering another movie, which if it's as rounded a story as Complete was and not just an explosion filled plot-lacking, paper thin character movie like the original then I'd welcome it with open arms.

Perhaps you'd like to see another spin-off title, for the DS or PSP like Crisis Core.

I don't think a remake on the PS3 or X360 would could as a part of this really though, so please don't comment on that because everyone wants that it's obvious they should make it but in so far as continuing the story rather than remaking the original piece.

What could they do with the secret Genesis Ending of Dirge of Cerberus? Will he return as friend or foe?

Here's an interesting thought, what about a whole new full-length RPG for the PS3, 360 or even Wii. Bring in some of the new characters perhaps Shelke could join the party and perhaps Cait Sith could not even appear in the game, wouldn't we all love that! Genesis could appear as friend or foe, maybe even a secret character. Bring in new characters, old characters, have the Turks join the party and get Cissnei in there. Who knows.

These are just a few suggestions I'm making and for those of you who have been reading all the way to the bottom of this I commend you for putting up with my ramblings. Anyway, the question remains;
    What would you like to see as part of the future of the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII?
    Last edited by Petros; 12-13-2009 at 06:04 PM.
    WRITER & DIRECTOR

Made with RPG Maker XP

Visit our website at: