Thread: What's a song that you just have to listen through all the way?

Antidrall

What's a song that you just have to listen through all the way?

Mine is Flash in the Dark from the Rockman 9 arrange soundtrack.

The electric guitar solos are just plain works of art. It feels like every chord perfectly resonates with the soul, and the acoustic guitar seems to back it all up like bass. No matter how many times I hear it, I can't get enough of it. hell, I'm listening to it right now.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み What's a song that you just have to listen through all the way? ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Re: What's a song that you just have to listen through all the way?

I have three that I do every single time.

First is 'Grand Cross' by The Black Mages. This is my favourite instrumental track of all time, so naturally I have to listen to it all the way through. I never tire of this song.

Second is 'Heaven and Hell' by Black Sabbath. In terms of vocal performance, Dio's here is one of the best you'll hear from anyone. Such a great song.

Lastly is 'Painkiller' by Judas Priest. This song contains two of the best solos you will hear. Plus Rob Halford's vocal are shrieking goodness.

Dream Theater - The count of tuscany

YouTube - &#x202aream Theater - The Count Of Tuscany 1/2&#x202clrm;
    YouTube - &#x202aream Theater - The Count Of Tuscany 2/2&#x202clrm;

It is probably my most favourite song ever and a whopping 20mins strong, however i tend to listen to all songs all the way, so this is just a way for me to post a super awesome song to enlighten you into the world of Dream theater.

For my next lesson i will be talking about Tool..

Slán

EDIT: lol at smilies in link, still works too!

The Strongest Fusion What's a song that you just have to listen through all the way? Gogeta's Avatar

Every song I listen to, there is no bad song from the band I am currently listening to, and have been for the past month or two. Unless the song is from Lady Gaga then I automaticly switch the song, I cannot listen to lady gaga, she is stupid, LM.C is where music is at, and thats all I have on my iPod, I have 59 lm.c songs, 3 videos, and 45 pictures all of LM.C, I literally have nothing else on my iPod, I can live off of LM.C

Death Before Dishonor What's a song that you just have to listen through all the way? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There are several songs that I must listen all the way through...

Tool ~ Parabola
    Dj Shadow ft. Mos Def ~ Six Days
    Girugamesh ~ Owari To Mirai
    Smashing Pumpkins ~ Bullet With Butterfly Wings
    Metallica ~ Fade To Black
    Kasta ~ Vokrug Shum
    Chunky Boyz ~ 22's and Man Boobs
    Soulja Boy ~ Hey You there
    Vampire Weekend ~ A-Punk
    The Sword ~ Freya

These are a few, there are many more I just couldn't think of em on the spot.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

I have a lot of these, but I will just mention a few of my top fav's.

The first song is Angels & Airwaves-The Adventure.
    -This has been my most favorite song of all time ever since I heard it three years ago. Tom Delogne's lyrics and intro riff are true expressions of his love for his art. Not to mention the fact that when ever I hear the song I want to fly in to space or do something kick ass haha.

Second, Alice In Chains-Nutshell.
    -Whenever life gets me down, I use this song to drown it out and think. The song seems depressing but there is an undeniable beauty within Layne's lyrics and Cantrell's simple riff.

Finally, I feel that Balamb Garden from the FF8 OST deserves some of my love.
    -Whenever I hear this song it brings back really good memories so it's hard to turn it.

Death Before Dishonor What's a song that you just have to listen through all the way? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    Second, Alice In Chains-Nutshell.
    -Whenever life gets me down, I use this song to drown it out and think. The song seems depressing but there is an undeniable beauty within Layne's lyrics and Cantrell's simple riff.
    Haha this is one of the songs that I forgot to put in my list. Amazing song, but then again any song by Alice in Chains is going to be good.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Whitewash (live version, there is a certain live version)

Machete

Too Many Humans

all by Buckethead

and then, the greatest song ever played on a guitar.

Maggot Brain by Eddie Hazel/Funkadelic
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

I would explode to save your life~ What's a song that you just have to listen through all the way? SeaAlchemist's Avatar

For me it's Vanilla Twilight by Owl City. <3

The Bad Boy of TFF What's a song that you just have to listen through all the way? Block's Avatar

For the most part I just can't not listen all the way through any song I start. Unless of course I don't like the song, then on I go to the next one. If I had to pick something though I'd say Mermaid by Anamanaguchi.

Crash Boom Bang What's a song that you just have to listen through all the way? Lily's Avatar

Unless it's just a song I don't wanna listen to, that I'l skip soon as it comes on, every song I listen too. People that play songs and skip them like, 3/4 through drive me insane. WHY, WHAT'S THE POINT?! Just listen to the rest of the damn song, it's not bloody hard

What's a song that you just have to listen through all the way? SSJ4 Goku's Avatar
    Somewhere with no stealing...no killing...Eden

I'm also one of those people that feels compelled to listen to a song from start to finish almost 100% of the time. Perhaps that's because I also have a big interest in Classical music, and my listening practises from that carry over into other genres as well.

In terms of big, expansive pieces that I find truly artful, Symphony X's "Divine Wings of Tragedy" is an absolute experience for me whenever I sit down to listen to it in its 17-minute glory. On the Japanese side of things, X Japan's "Art of Life" is truly another experience in and of itself for those who listen to it straight through. Lastly, I'll have to second ZantetsukeN's statement about Black Sabbath's "Heaven and Hell," a timeless classic by one of the best vocalists ever to grace the world of metal.

Registered User What's a song that you just have to listen through all the way? fierytempest's Avatar

I'm one of those people who always change the song before it's over. However, "A Sorta Fairytale" by Tori Amos is one song I can't do that with.

The whole song is just really beautiful prose, and I don't like missing a second of it. The melody is beautiful. Not much harmony, but what's there is just meant to accent instead of stand out. Plus, the ending is really awesome, and it's my favorite part. It's an amazing song.

Lover I don't play to win, but for the thrill until I'm spent.

What's a song that you just have to listen through all the way? Jin's Avatar

Why would anyone not listen to a song all the way through? What good is two thirds of a song?

I listen to songs that average the 10-12 minute mark and I still can't bring myself to only listen to part of them. They're constructed to be listened to in their entirety; you're losing something if you don't. And personally, it feels like holding in a sneeze to me. I need the song to end as it's supposed to.

Until now!

The Mad God What's a song that you just have to listen through all the way? Heartless Angel's Avatar

Any song i like I must hear in its entirety. If I don't I get it stuck in my head, and usually I start looping it because I'll forget a verse somewhere. Got Free Bird stuck in my head at school once, because i didn't get to hear the whole thing on the way there, i was looping the solo in my head for around 4 hours before I finally had a chance to lsiten to it and get it out >.< Awesome solo, but 4 hours of it is a bit too much. And this happens to me with any song I know just well enough to get stuck, but not well enough to finish completely in my head. Drives me insane.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 What's a song that you just have to listen through all the way? Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries

One of the songs that I have to listen to to the very end is "Like a G6" by Far East Movement Ft. Dev & The Cataracs. It is such a catchy song with a really good beat, I LOVE IT!

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Bananarama What's a song that you just have to listen through all the way? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Freebird. End of story
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Registered User What's a song that you just have to listen through all the way? CloudvsLightning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Unless it's just a song I don't wanna listen to, that I'l skip soon as it comes on, every song I listen too. People that play songs and skip them like, 3/4 through drive me insane. WHY, WHAT'S THE POINT?! Just listen to the rest of the damn song, it's not bloody hard
    That drives me insane too. The only exception I have is when I'm listening to a song that is strictly instrumental then I can stop it but otherwise if I don't listen to a song all the way through I'll have it stuck in my head all day long.

"One Ring to rule them all, one Ring to find them -"

"Hey dude! Wrong place! This isn't The Lord of the Rings."

"Really? Are you sure . . . I mean . . ."

"I'm sure now go! Yeah now get out of the spotlight. I have some Deepground soldiers to shoot."

The Mad God What's a song that you just have to listen through all the way? Heartless Angel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Freebird. End of story

I have to listen to the entire solo anyways.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Registered User What's a song that you just have to listen through all the way? HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think the rebel army theme from Final Fantasy II, because whenever it pops up on shuffle on my psp I always get mad when it goes off, complaining about how short the song seems.

Furthermore I think the Mothership Connection(P-Funk) is a good one for "song you have to listen to all of it". Parts of it just isn't enough...

&amp;quot;How are you sure we're alive?&amp;quot; What's a song that you just have to listen through all the way? Spartan of Zanarkand's Avatar

Hmmm from 3DG: Home, I Hate Everything About You, Animal I have Become
    Flyleaf: Missing, Again, Amy Says, Feels So Much Like Falling
    Linkin Park: Crawling, Papercut, Breaking The Habit
    I should stop now before I continue for all eternity
    The Questions Asked:

Who and what have you been?
    Who and what are you?
    Who and what will you be?

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! What's a song that you just have to listen through all the way? Tallulah's Avatar

The Temptations - Papa Was A Rolling Stone

The buggers cut off the first minute and 30 seconds on the radio (Gold) this morning!
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)