Thread: Tool or A Perfect Circle

Tool or A Perfect Circle

I decided to leave out all of Maynard's other projects because I feel like Tool and A Perfect Circle are his most well-known and devoted bands. So, which band is better in your opinion or which one do you enjoy the most.

I love Tool, but A Perfect Circle is, in my opinion, more focused on the meaning behind the songs. Tool enjoys repetitive riffs and interesting album artwork to make their point. Don't get me wrong, I love Tool's style but it doesn't always work for me as an engaged listener. Also, Maynard seems to focus a lot more of his lyrical talents on A Perfect Circle. You just can't beat his use of melodic vocals and insanely well presented lyrics.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Tool or A Perfect Circle ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Re: Tool or A Perfect Circle

I prefer Tool by a mile. APC seems more 'classifiable' (if that's even a word), and by that I mean Tool seems a lot more unique, while APC have one set style (although they do change it up for a few of their songs, but not many). Don't get me wrong, I love APC, but I think there is a lot more talent in Tool's musicians. For example, Tool's bassist could be regarded as, and in my opinion, one of the best bassists in music today.

Also bare in mind, MJK does not write the lyrics in APC, Billy Howardel does (it's more his band anyway). He might have a hand in some of the songs, but in no way is he the primary song writer. So lyric wise, they are two completely different bands, even though they have the same singer, something you rarely see.

So in summery, Tool is more of a unique band, and thus take my vote in this one. However, I still love APC. But yeah, Tool.
    Last edited by ZantetsukeN; 06-08-2010 at 04:47 PM.

Hmmm, I should have researched a bit more closely. Well, doesn't Maynard have a little bit more than just an occasional handle. Some of the songs info state that he wrote a few of Thirteenth Step's and eMotive's lyrics. Which are my most favorite albums when it comes to lyrics. Just wandering

Thanks for the info. Now I won't look like a dumb ass when I discuss the band with fellow music fans.

Blog Entries

Both Tool and aPC are good bands, but you can't really compare the two; Tool is by far a better band and is much more established then A Perfect Circle. Tool has had a much bigger following and has been around much longer than APC. There really is no comparison for the two.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Tool or A Perfect Circle ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    Hmmm, I should have researched a bit more closely. Well, doesn't Maynard have a little bit more than just an occasional handle. Some of the songs info state that he wrote a few of Thirteenth Step's and eMotive's lyrics. Which are my most favorite albums when it comes to lyrics. Just wandering

Thanks for the info. Now I won't look like a dumb ass when I discuss the band with fellow music fans.
    Well, yeah he did have more of a hand in Thirteenth Step, but their first album was mostly Howardel. And eMotive was a covers album apart from two of the songs, but he did write the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Both Tool and aPC are good bands, but you can't really compare the two; Tool is by far a better band and is much more established then A Perfect Circle. Tool has had a much bigger following and has been around much longer than APC. There really is no comparison for the two.
    Pretty much all That can be said. Maynard pretty much had his own following, which in my opinion, was half of APC's following lol.

A Perfect Circle was amazing for their first album. I didn't find the second nearly as good, and could not get into a SINGLE song on eMotive.

That said, Tool has never written a song I didn't enjoy. In my opinion, Tool is the better band by a HUGE longshot.

Howerdel's new band is pretty nice, though. I don't much care for Maynard's new side project, Pucifur (sp?)

I recently could've seen Tool live, really wish I had the money to go, a friend who went said the concert was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    A Perfect Circle was amazing for their first album. I didn't find the second nearly as good, and could not get into a SINGLE song on eMotive.

That said, Tool has never written a song I didn't enjoy. In my opinion, Tool is the better band by a HUGE longshot.

Howerdel's new band is pretty nice, though. I don't much care for Maynard's new side project, Pucifur (sp?)

I recently could've seen Tool live, really wish I had the money to go, a friend who went said the concert was amazing.
    I saw TOOL Last August ( 09 ) Was VERY amazing.

Death Before Dishonor Tool or A Perfect Circle Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

APC has put out one single that I actually enjoyed..Judith. It was good. Tool however has been in my top ten favorite bands list for a while. You can't really compare the two. Tool is worlds beyond APC.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!