Thread: Songs that mean something to you.

Songs that mean something to you.

Yeah I am wanting to know what songs have sentimental meaning to you and why. I understand that some instances people won't want to give the reason and that is fine. Some times it is to hard to express. Provide links.

I have a few songs myself

YouTube - Eminem - Love The Way You Lie ft. Rihanna
    This song for instance took on a whole new meaning to me this weekend. I liked it before hand but now with the new meaning behind it I like it alot more.

YouTube - blink-182 - Adam's Song
    this song has kind of became an unwanted tradition andd yes it is related to death. I had several instances where I have had friends or family die and this was the first song that I would hear, this happened about 10 times or so. Now a days I make sure it is the first song that I hear when I get news of death of a loved one.

YouTube - Dave Matthews Angel
    This song was the one I dedicated to Rachel. I hope everytime she hears it that it will remind her of me, even if it pains her.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

#LOCKE4GOD Songs that mean something to you. Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Songs that mean something to you.

This song has a happy edge to it, but it also screams loneliness and loss beneath the surface, for me. A good Catholic funeral song, perhaps? But I can't listen to this song and not feel sad. It's a Kiwi song if you're wondering why you haven't heard it, and why the scenery is beautiful. It's also from the 1980s if you're wondering why the hairstyles are all bizarre.

I associate this song with bitter-sweet moments in relationship. Like, not the happiest moments, and not the saddest, but times with both. It's got a particular meaning for me, but I'm not going into these.
    Last edited by Alpha; 08-15-2010 at 11:29 PM.

The Strongest Fusion Songs that mean something to you. Gogeta's Avatar

Oh, my fav song by LM.C (88) means a lot to me, its about moving on from something bad happening, and I've had two grandparents die recently and were having troubles with insurance and whatnot, 88 is the most fitting song to what I feel, I know I've been going through a lot, but I must keep going.

YouTube - L.M.C- 88

Another song that means alot to me all because i just figured out what its about is Marble-S. It says that life is sad, but eventually there will be a time and a place where things are happy (thats what I get from the lyrics)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xc1...bles-lmc_music
    Last edited by Gogeta; 08-17-2010 at 12:19 AM.

Glowing Ball of Awesome Songs that mean something to you. Ashura's Avatar

YouTube - Smosh Milkshake Music Video

Because if I'm ever down, this song will make me chuckle even if I don't want to. I just love the sillyness in this video. I'd also have to watch this when I'm in a hyper mood as well, or feel like dancing. o.o

Contact me for signature/avatar request.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Songs that mean something to you. ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I have a couple to share

Firstly
    YouTube - Enter Shikari 'Sorry Youre Not A Winner' video
    The song reminds me of when my life was a simple one. Go to school, study, hang out with my friends on weekends. Everytime I hear it, it takes me back to those days. They always say school is the best time of your life, and they're not far wrong.

YouTube - The Misfits-London Dungeon
    I consider this song as the one that changed my life. First of all, the Misfits became my favourite band ever, which still holds up to this day (I'm known for changing my favourites on a daily basis :/). But most of all, this was the first song I learned on guitar. If not for this song, I wouldn't have picked up a guitar, formed bands and become a musician.

Blog Entries

Relient K - Sadie Hawkins Dance reminds me of highschool (though really, that whole album and also the Employee of the Month EP do that for me, but I will pick this one for the most notable of the bunch.)

Reggie and the Full Effect - Girl, Why'd You Run Away? will always remind me of walking home at 1:30 in the morning from a friend's house the day after getting back from Yellowstone (my choice. Probably just to take in my home town a little after I'd been gone for 4 months, heh.)

Erasure - Run to the Sun will always remind me of trips to California to visit my brother during the late 90's/early 2000's.

I can't think of anything else right now. Good memories, all of those, though. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Disciple of Bahamut Songs that mean something to you. DMDracoMoondragon's Avatar

Brad Paisley - Then (Live)

I'm startin' off with a tune that constantly reminds me of my beloved. Every word of this song speaks volumes of how I feel about her. ^_^

Travis Tritt - I'm Gonna Be Somebody (Live)

This song points towards my lifelong dream: To make my way to Nashville and become a country music recording artist. As the song says, "The road is a struggle," and I plan to endure every one to reach the top!

Brady McClary - True Happiness, True Love

This song... Well, this song was written and recorded by me for my beloved. Yes, the voice on this song is definitely me, and the video was made by my beloved. Anyway, I wrote this song just before the first Valentine's Day she and I shared together, when we were 2 months into our relationship. Here we are, now, and it's almost been 3 years (December 3rd will be our 3rd anniversary). I think it's fairly obvious why this one means so much...
    I stare out towards the silvery moon
    Basking in its light
    My heart providing me a suitable tune
    To play for this wondrous sight
    I play for my Goddess of Love
    Who resides so far away
    She knows that what I dream of
    Is when she'll be with me to stay...

This ain't no place for no hero Songs that mean something to you. Tiffany's Avatar

The Fray - How to save a life

Even though the song isn't about Suicide, it 100% reiterates how I feel after losing two people to it this year. In the one aspect, it hurts even more because we pretty much knew he was going to do it, we just didn't know when. So it was a surprise but wasn't that day when we found out. I guess the only surprise was that he picked THAT moment to do it. /sigh

Timbaland - The Way I Are

This song was just starting to get popular here when my guy and I were in the early, fun stages of our relationship. Going out clubbing, late night foods, before having our daughter when life was definitely more fun and fancy free. I love all about my life as it is now, but this song always puts a smile on my face when I hear it.

Blog Entries

YouTube - Mike Posner - Bow Chicka Wow Wow

because once I set the moodlight all the girls sound like that electric guitar solo. I ain't even gotta say shit, seriously.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Death Before Dishonor Songs that mean something to you. Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pretty much anything by Temple of the Dog. I won't post links cause there is meaning to me in all of them.

YouTube - Eminem - Like Toy Soldiers

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!