Thread: Disturbed - Another Way To Die

Godsmack Worshipper Disturbed - Another Way To Die Omega Weapon's Avatar
    Lived by the rules you that you gave me and fell apart. All the wrong turns down a dead end street so far. I stretched my wings and breath in different day. Alone and broken is the price I pay but that's ok...

Question Disturbed - Another Way To Die

Disturbed - "Another Way To Die" Lyric Video

So, Disturbed's new single was released earlier this morning. Being a huge Disturbed fan, I bought the single immediately. After giving it a couple of listens, it's safe to say that this is by far one of the worst singles/songs I've ever heard by them. It's just so boring and unoriginal.

Compared to songs like Down With The Sickness, Stupify, The Night, Inside The Fire, and Stricken, Another Way To Die is nothing BUT a filler. I LOVE the lyrics though, they make too much sense.

What is your opinion?
    Last edited by Omega Weapon; 06-15-2010 at 01:26 AM.

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Disturbed - Another Way To Die che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Disturbed - Another Way To Die

I actually watched the video before I posted this to give it a chance.

I'm not a Disturbed fan, and I don't like the sound they've got going on. It sounds like a Disturbed song, which I don't usually like, but it's pretty boring even for that.

The video is even worse. Watching that stuff while listening to Disturbed seems so out of place, and the lyrics seemed like they put way too much thought into them and just failed anyway.

Just my opinion.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

I loved Disturbed's first three albums. However, it has been awhile since they have made another "Prayer" or "Sons of Plunder". I didn't care that much for the Indestructible album. It just seemed unimaginative. However, I can stand to listen to the album as long as its in a shuffle mix.

All that unnecessary stuff being said, I have mixed feelings toward the song. It is kind of too familiar. The opening riff is pretty damn strong though. The lyrics are a little over thought (which has been stated). They don't seem to match the music for me. Then again, I am a little strange when it comes to my preference of music and lyric compatibility. If we were rating the song, I would give it a 5/10 because I still enjoy it way more than I did Inside the Fire.

Ok I gave it two play throughs to see if it possibly grew on me the second play threw but it just left me with a meh feeling. It's not a bad song at all but nothing that I would just jump up and down for and shake a fist or two at.

Even though the lyrics are truly gruesome in text for a song they are relatively weak. This would be a nice song for a local band but for Disturbed I expect more.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

The Lone Dagger Disturbed - Another Way To Die Xithor's Avatar

I am a huge Disturbed fan and I liked the message of the song because it is a great message to send and they have the influence to reach a lot of people. That being said it's def not what I would expect as far as a single, I think that it'd be good on an album but not as a release before the album comes out.

The first time that I heard Stricken I was psyched about that album I mean come on. Even their newer music like Indestructible and Inside the Fire were awesome, that song just didn't hit it off for me but it'll likely find its way onto my iPod in due time.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It sounds like a Disturbed song, but it's lacking a certain energy their other songs give off. You expect a single to be explosive, but not the full taste of the album, but that just left a sour taste in my mouth.

I wouldn't say it was boring (IMO, the video was much more boring), but I'm sure they could have done better.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Relaxin' with Final Fantasy Disturbed - Another Way To Die KainsBro's Avatar

The song and video sucks. I LOVE Disturbed, but that was terrible. I do not see the world as a wasteland ravaged by humans. But I have always been more optimistic than most.

Registered User Disturbed - Another Way To Die Dimi's Avatar

I used to like this band a lot when I was younger. The Sickness and Believe were the shit. Indestructible was nice too. I kinda wish they experimented with their sound though and explored new sounds. Its all starting to sound the same. Other then that, the new song's okay. It is not bad but it isn't good either.

Blog Entries

I was pretty disappointed by this song overall. Sounds pretty bland, and like Dimi my favorite songs of them mostly stem from the Believe album, which was released back in like 2002/2003 I believe, so... =| yeah. I'm also very disappointed in my city's rock station as well, because everyday at a certain time, we have a song that attempts to dethrone the current "new" song that's out, and somehow this song beat out Skillet's "Hero". I like both bands but Skillet should of not been taken down by that song.

there, yeah it's not Skillet's best single but imo it's better than "Another way to die."

thoughts?
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Relaxin' with Final Fantasy Disturbed - Another Way To Die KainsBro's Avatar

I agree, Hero should have beat Another way to Die. Maybe people just voted because it was Disturbed, no matter what the song is.

Godsmack Worshipper Disturbed - Another Way To Die Omega Weapon's Avatar
    Lived by the rules you that you gave me and fell apart. All the wrong turns down a dead end street so far. I stretched my wings and breath in different day. Alone and broken is the price I pay but that's ok...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I was pretty disappointed by this song overall. Sounds pretty bland, and like Dimi my favorite songs of them mostly stem from the Believe album, which was released back in like 2002/2003 I believe, so... =| yeah. I'm also very disappointed in my city's rock station as well, because everyday at a certain time, we have a song that attempts to dethrone the current "new" song that's out, and somehow this song beat out Skillet's "Hero". I like both bands but Skillet should of not been taken down by that song.

there, yeah it's not Skillet's best single but imo it's better than "Another way to die."

thoughts?
    I have nothing against Christian rock bands, but I just can't stand Skillet. I'd choose Disturbed over them any day of the week. So I'm kinda happy to know that "Another Way To Die" beat out "Heroes" Also, to be honest with you, "Another Way To Die" is really starting to grow on me. I know most of Disturbed's songs sound the same, but I'm ok with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by KainsBro
    Maybe people just voted because it was Disturbed, no matter what the song is.
    Well, Disturbed has a HUGE fan base! So don't expect Skillet to be able to beat out even the shittest Disturbed song. Haha, no offense, but Skillet could only hope and pray that someone would buy their albums two years from now especially if they don't release an album that would remind the people of the band's existence!
    Last edited by Omega Weapon; 06-21-2010 at 11:11 PM.

Disturbed was my favorite band for a long time, but after Believe, I could care less what they do! The Sickness was simply amazing, I love the "hardcore" music and lyrics, but I can't help but feel that the intensity of it was more of a gimmick than their real agenda, which is announcing to the world how they feel about _ and _. Believe was also amazing, everything else since then has been trash imo. They got too mainstream and became lazy.

Death Before Dishonor Disturbed - Another Way To Die Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I thought that this album is horrible. I have listened to several singles, and they all blow. I am a fan of theirs so to hate the majority of their singles is not good.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

TFFF Ghost Disturbed - Another Way To Die Howling Wind's Avatar

I have been disappointed with all their albums since 2000's The Sickness. Believe was good but most of the songs sound like fillers and same with the other albums. They all had a few good songs but the rest was just like, meh too me.

The Sickness was the only album that every song was great in my opinion.

The new song isn't anything great and it might even be their worst song ever.
    Spit out your stride gum and chew another piece already... or I'll haunt you.

Controlling With Fear Disturbed - Another Way To Die Unlucky Rufus's Avatar

I think i'm the only person in this world that likes Indestructible, Every song on Sickness annoys the hell out of me because I've prolly heard it millions of times. The new album is nothing, no song in it stands out as a good song. It all sounds like a bunch of album fillers, and even thats overstating them a bit.