Thread: Before this adventure begins...

BTBAM

Before this adventure begins...

I have never really played Final Fantasy III before until i recently got a DS. I am aware that there is a job system and through gamefaqs.com looked at a listing of jobs. So I was curious as too what jobs together focused on the given attributes for example what jobs could i have for my party to have a good magic offensive team, best team for defense, speed, attack, etc

Blog Entries
    Onion Knights are bad, job change asap. Fighters are decent, they do damage and can take it as well. Monks do more damage, but they take more as well. They also have higher HP gains and can't use any nice equipment. Hunters are interesting, they can use some white magic, have long range arrow attacks and high agility gains, and do okay damage. Knights are the upgraded Fighters pretty much, they hit hard and take damage like a champ. Thief class is bad, low damage, weak armor, steal is worthless in this game, but escape can get you out of random battles and the agility gain is decent. Dragoons are Knights with the jump command, they're very useful. Vikings are made to be tanks; they have HUGE hp and defense along with badass weaponry but they frequently miss, so they dont do as much damage as one would think. Karateka's are the upgraded monks, if you like them then change your monks to this. Mystic Knights are kinda weak but necessary later in the game for certain reasons... and Ninjas are king of every class.

As for the magic aspects, White mages are required pretty much, Black mages are useful as well. Red mages are useful very early on and thats about it. Scholars have good intelligence gain but otherwise are worthless. Geomancers can be alright depending on how you use them. Conjurers are not really needed. Bards suck, but if a long battle is up ahead for you, then the cheer command can tip the odds in your favor. Shaman is an upgraded White Mage, take it! Warlocks are also very awesome, lots of mp to cast spells with, and Death works a lot of the time in this game as well. Summoners are useful at higher levels, but low MP sucks. And Sage runs everything, they are too good.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

The Whitemage, Curaga's only 300gil Before this adventure begins... TehRealDinnin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Onion Knights are bad, job change asap.
    If your talking about Freelancers at the start of the game before you get job classes than yes they are bad but Onion Knights the secret class you can unlock after a lot of mog mail as well as friend mails, than no that class isn't bad. (This is DS only of course)

Thank you Rnin! Credit is given to you for the Sig

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TehRealDinnin View Post
    If your talking about Freelancers at the start of the game before you get job classes than yes they are bad but Onion Knights the secret class you can unlock after a lot of mog mail as well as friend mails, than no that class isn't bad. (This is DS only of course)
    aye, gotcha. I've never played the DS version, I'm just recalling from what I remember out of the NES version that I played. But thanks for the info!
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2