Thread: Thoughts on Final Fantasy Record Keeper...?

TFF's Resident Messenger Thoughts on Final Fantasy Record Keeper...? Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thoughts on Final Fantasy Record Keeper...?

I downloaded this mobile game today, and I was wondering what members' thoughts were of this compilation of the Final Fantasy series' best moments all wrapped up in a unique setting. And since my search turned up nothing for similar threads, I figured, why not!

As of right now, I have finished the tutorial battles, and received information on party members, equipment, skills, etc. The battle in Final Fantasy VII's Mako Reactor 1 was very neat. I like the 8-bit design of the characters, and the battles seem simple enough. I haven't come across anything I haven't liked yet, so that's always a good thing.

Anyway, post your thoughts, progress, etc., and I will make sure to do the same!
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Lady Succubus Thoughts on Final Fantasy Record Keeper...? Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I played this for a bit, finished the FF10 area I believe.. I didn't get very far cause I tend to mobile-game hop. But from what I did play, it was very enjoyable and not very pay to win at all which is always a plus.

The 37th Red Spade Thoughts on Final Fantasy Record Keeper...? Coff9's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for mentioning Record Keeper!

I love it.

I've been playing it since right after launch, and it's amazing. I don't even know where to begin.

I have all the characters available and I've been using the "Retaliate" strategy, which is great. Sephiroth is unlockable and he's a very good character. Last time I checked, he has the highest attack stat in the game.

You can get characters who have never been playable in the series before, like Reno and Gilgamesh.

It's a good game for people who like to log in on a regular basis; if you don't spend your stamina before it refills to max, you'll fall behind. I log into the app about 4 or 5 times a day, which sounds like a lot, but you can use up your stamina in around five minuets typically.

The only downsides are these:

First, if you've just started playing today, there's a ton of stuff you've missed out on; many of the characters are only available in 2 week long events. Usually, once they are gone, they are gone. The only way you can get them again is to hope they come back in a future event or do one of the bonus quests that happen to unlock them.

Secondly, the game is difficult. I've had to rely on the Retaliate strategy to win most of the tougher battles, which is a really easy strategy to implement and is almost cheaty, but it works how the developers intended, so I just go with it. There's also the "Mage Meta", which I would love to use, but even after playing all this time, I still don't have enough mage gear to make it viable. I do have Rinoa's Valkyrie, but that's just not enough, haha. That's the luck of the draw for you, I do suppose.

Overall, if you are a fan of the Final Fantasy series (which I'd assume most of us here on these boards are haha), I would say to give it a shot at least. It's a quick blast of nostalgia if nothing else.
    ~Red Mage~~Knight Looking For Sorceress!~~Member Of The Evil Bad Guys~

TFF Family: None yet! PM me if you'd like to join!

TFF RP Status: The Tipsy-Ram Tavern --- Strange Tides (Looking for RPs and Battle-RPs! Rewriting "Council of Mages")

Currently Playing: - Final Fantasy 1 (All Red Mage Run) - Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Clicker Heroes -

I Use TFF Dark!