Categories
Uncategorized

Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies with Maple Cinnamon Glaze

The recipe that this article points to no longer exists, but there’s an equally good recipe for Maple Bacon Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies here!

“Muffin”, the author of the blog Ooh, You Tasty Little Things… (a blog that since has been closed), wrote:

This whole thing started the other night when my husband and I were having a conversation about what foods could and could not be made better with the addition of bacon.

You can see the end result of said conversation in the photos that accompany her article, Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies with Maple Cinnamon Glaze, some of which are reproduced here.

She says they taste good — and why not? She’s not the only person who’s mixed bacon and chocolate: consider the bacon chocolate bar created by Vosges, the gourmet chocolatier and heartily recommended by none other than supersexy celebrity chef Nigella Lawson.

Luckily for those of us with brave culinary spirits, “Muffin” published the recipe for the cookies and the glaze. Who wants to try making a batch of these with me over the Chrismukkah break?

46 replies on “Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies with Maple Cinnamon Glaze”

I’m not even scared of these cookies. They do pour maple syrup over bacon, so I believe chocolate shouldn’t be that different. We would have to adapt them to my dietary conditions, though.

The maple is perfect to tie the two together. And chocolate and salty are an excellent combo (think chocolate covered pretzels).

Not so crazy after all, methinks.

[…] It’s just so delicious, and apparently, it goes with everything. Today we stumbled across chocolate chip cookies with bacon and maple cinnamon glaze. Now, before you are quick to dismiss, I have to harken back to a maple bacon cupcake I ate a few […]

disgusting disgusting disgusting disgusting disgusting disgustingdisgusting disgusting disgustingdisgusting disgusting disgustingdisgusting disgusting disgustingdisgusting disgusting disgustingdisgusting disgusting disgustingdisgusting disgusting disgustingdisgusting disgusting disgusting

i’m actually eating Mo’s Bacon Bar by Vosges Haut-Chocolate, and it’s actually a wonderful thing! People used to think salted caramels were absurd and now it’s a huge trend, the Bacon Chocolate trend is just a step further, with the caramel notes in the milk chocolate and the saltiness of bacon with the added sea salt all blend well. So now, I think making it into a cookie is a wonderful idea! Although, I do think I would put bacon bits IN the cookie rather than decorate the cookie with a chunk of bacon.

[…] was during Christmas of 2007 when I was first inspired to bake my own batch of chocolate-chip bacon cookies, after being informed of its existence whilst gaming. As an experimenting cook who would just about […]

I have to say, that i think this would be a nice blend. maybe people are afraid of taking the traditional cookie and altering it to a more savory, tasty treat… maybe if this was presented a little differently. I don’t know how, mainly because i like this cookie… people, expecially those looking to further their culinary expressions, should be open minded… come on, who would have thought that the artichoke is edible… and tasty to boot! hang in there friends, bacon chocolate chip cookies are ok… really they are.

so i think this looks just so yummy, and im having a class project … and im making it for my group, whats the ethnical background behind this food. ..
but just wondering, is the liquid ontop of the cookie and inbetween the bacon , grease from the baccon, or gravy…? i think you should put some icing sugar on this with a touch of maple syrup it would just top it off.

I am going to have to try these!!! YUM!! Bacon is good on everything! I have a bacon cupcake recipe that everyone loves! SO what if they’re fattening.. lol. 🙂

I’ve made this exact recipe, and for all you doubters out there….you’re crazy. They’re amazing. Maria is exactly right–it’s just like when you sop up your extra pancake syrup with your bacon. It’s amazing. In fact, I’m trying to dig up the recipe again to make them for my husband’s birthday!

Wow. Who are you people who look at this and say eww?! These look incredible. The Vosges bacon chocolate bar is good, but not as good as the candied bacon my friend dipped in peanut buttery chocolate goodness. OMG. Setting out to make an apple bacon cake with maple cream cheese frosting tonight, naysayers be damned.

Leave a Reply