View Poll Results: To the victor go the spoils!

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • 01 - The Black Mage

3 42.86%
  • 02 - The Archer

4 57.14%

Thread: VOTE: Pick your winner for the iOS FFTactics!

The Old Skool Warrior VOTE: Pick your winner for the iOS FFTactics! LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post VOTE: Pick your winner for the iOS FFTactics!

A week and some change later, I present you with the entries! If I may, let's head back to the original posting, to review what's necessary for this contest:

Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post
    THE TOPIC: You have just been hired by Ramza to help him in his fight against hypocrisy and betrayal. What is your starting Job? How will you contribute to the cause? What do you have to offer over the stock characters? Creative liberty is allowed and encouraged - feel free to create new (reasonable) abilities to set yourself apart like all of the story NPCs, but you must pick one of the standard Job classes, including ones introduced in War of the Lions.
    All three points were to be addressed.

Well, at the end of the week, we had a total of two entries. I assume the iOS restriction was a big part of this - the more of you in the community I spoke with, the more "I don't have an i-Anything" responses I got. Shocking, to be honest. It would be great if this was for Android, but alas... (I have an idea for something I'm going to ask Square Enix about...) And then others I spoke with already owned it - the sign of a tried and true quality product.

BUT I DIGRESS - here's what we now need you guys for. Those who didn't want it or already had it or whatnot - lend us your thoughts and opinions, and decide which of these fine people gets a free copy of FINAL FANTASY Tactics: The War of the Lions for the iOS!

VOTE: Pick your winner for the iOS FFTactics!-fftwotl-jpg

The following spoiler tags were copied and pasted verbatim from their sources.

ENTRY NUMBER 01:
    I considered this question for a good long while, pondering the "what ifs" and the "if I coulds", but let's be honest here, left to our own devices entire worlds could sprawl out before you without being any closer to an answer. My first thoughts leaned towards the Mime, always a fascinating class, But then again isn't that a bit too easy? I am the Mime, I steal abilities and buff my allies, I am the support. Boring. No no no...I am the Knight! A brave man with teeth clenched and buttocks swiftly...no wait...a bit to romantic don't you think? At least in my head (cough).
    I am the Black mage, with twisted nether and the power of the gods, I curl your language about my tongue and spit flame from my pure will, I am destruction and your inevitable oblivion, for I am your end and it has only just begun. (tosses the paper over his shoulder) Too evil. I am the loremaster! wrong game. Well...(taps his finger on his chin)...How about something original, something that fit within the lore of the game, even the spirit? Yes that could due indeed, screw the rules, I've never been one for them anyway.
    So I bring you the Tactician...Great name isn't it, gonna be honest though, it may or may have not been inspired by the title...not saying it was. While thinking about the mechanics of the game itself, lending its hand to player input over led initiative, the game relies heavily upon the player being able to predict the next movement, much like a game of chess it is never wise to simply think one turn at a time. But unlike chess, this is a game, a virtual environment that you are at least in part control of, so why not take something to your advantage? Why not choose to see into the future, Haste speeds up time, slow does the opposite, but that is a bit brutish isn't it? I want something subtle, like a creeping poison on the tip of the tongue, sliding to the back of your throat where it will already be far too late.
    The Tactician will act primarily as support, a fairly weak class all and all, physical abilities lending towards running away far more than taking a punch in the face. As the name suggest, these are units used to control the field, not by Aoe or consistent effects, but quite literally take control of certain aspects of the battlefield. A tactician will be able to predict the next moves of a unit, a single unit at a time, the player will be able to employ this character to watch over heavy hitting characters, or a particularly nasty mage. Path points, potential spell uses, next spell...information which can be focused and made more accurate with use and leveling of the class. However as Tactician is doing this, if he is found to be doing so, lets say coming within 3 spaces of him reveals him writing furiously in a notebook and passing notes like a twelve year old girl to fellow comrades, he must stop and run or risk a swift death.
    Now this may sound a bit vague, But we are talking about NPC's here, they can adapt sure, but like anything there are limitations, and can of course be exploited. People do this everyday, exploit a certain bosses weakness to gain an advantage, So why not put something in the game that allows this to a certain degree, even makes it rewarding to the player. Not exploits are never a good thing, but imagine being able to get some sort of insight in what fate is going to bring you, it would help you plan and like any war...you'll be more...tactical.
    If this is utter nonsense it is because I wrote it in an hour. **** it, i'm a Black mage. I blow stuff up. I have an ability that allows me to explode things harder. Yay we win!

ENTRY NUMBER 02:
    Well, this is a bit difficult for a few reasons, one is because I’m trying to figure out how to work what I want to fit the questions. The second is, I never finished War of the Lions on the PSP but I DID get very far in it, it has just been literal years since I’ve picked it back up so I am sort of unfamiliar with some things. Forgive me if some of this is incorrect, I am trying to look some things up as I go.

So here’s what I think my job would be, plain and simply put: Archer. But not just any old regular bow-twangin’ Archer, I would be a very unique Archer in the fact that I would be able to learn basic elemental spells, probably not much more THAN the basic elements up to their -ga tiers to prevent being too broken. Now, why I chose this setup is because in every game EVER I always hope for some kind of character that uses bows and elemental magic. When given the option to create a character in a game and have full control over their weapons/skills, this is the build I always go for, hence why I twisted the question a little bit to get what I wanted. (I hope this is acceptable TFF goers x.x)

So how would I be useful? Weeelllll, as an Archer I could stand in the back and rain arrows down on enemies, but what about when you encounter those difficult types that have good defense and your arrows just seem to be like twigs being thrown at the side of a house? That’s where the magic comes in! This type of build can hit heavy-defense characters while not being completely useless physically either! Also, if faced with enemies that have great magical defense, the physical attacks from the bow would serve to cut through them. In terms of balance, the problem would be lack of MP for spells... But that’s what items are for right? My character would be more strategically useful, at least, in my opinion, than other characters and other jobs simply because this setup can deal with most enemies encountered. Being able to stand at the back and deal both physical and magical damage would put any character high in my list and probably earn them a spot in the battle party.

So, even though I’m brand new, I would love the chance to have Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions on one of my iDevices and would be pleased if you felt the same way! And this time maybe (very hopefully!) finish it! Thank you for your consideration and I hope my twisting to fit the question isn’t against the “creative liberty.”
    You have three days. GO!!!
    Last edited by LocoColt04; 07-07-2013 at 12:07 AM.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Ayyye VOTE: Pick your winner for the iOS FFTactics! Lacquer Head's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Can I vote to ban Apple users altogether?

The Old Skool Warrior VOTE: Pick your winner for the iOS FFTactics! LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    /grin

Not gonna lie, that shit's funny. But alas, that is not one of the choices. D:

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.

Bye-Bye, Taisai VOTE: Pick your winner for the iOS FFTactics! postalblowfish7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacquer Head View Post
    Can I vote to ban Apple users altogether?
    shush
    ~ R.I.P. Alexander Server ~
    Phinn - San d'Orian Hume - Shiva Server

Oh what is this now?

I like contests I wish I had come to look for FF 9 stuff sooner

But I will vote for one!!

This seems like it was a good idea
    The Last of Us is the best game of a decade

Consistently Average VOTE: Pick your winner for the iOS FFTactics! Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So I was just about to vote after leaving some time to think on it, forget to vote, and then remember to vote, and now I see I was too late. Maybe next time
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Blog Entries
    Looks like new member Taicho13 has taken the prize! I'll PM you shortly with the redemption instructions.

~ Sent from my Galaxy S2 via Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by LocoColt04; 07-10-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Hierophant VOTE: Pick your winner for the iOS FFTactics! Taicho13's Avatar
    I never win anything lol.
    Cogito, ergo sum