Thread: vbCredits

Post vbCredits

I had to upgrade to the newest release of the credits system... You may notice a few changes in the actual bank area, lottery, etc...

This was needed to do some really bad code in the old version. I am aware that there is actually no store to spend these hard-earned credits, which is out of my control... the developer has a brand new store called vbCommerce underway. He posted screenshots of it the other day, so I really think he is almost done this time. I will keep you informed.

Admin/Mods - Double check my values for the credits awarded, etc... I think the old values were intact, but just to make sure.

thanks!

-----
    Fuzz
    Webmaster
    @ thefinalfantasy.net
    [email protected]

The Old Skool Warrior vbCredits LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    Admin/Mods - Double check my values for the credits awarded, etc... I think the old values were intact, but just to make sure.
    This is very different from what it used to be. It also shifted things around in the admin panel quite a bit, but I managed to find everything. I tweaked a couple of the settings and it seems to be about as close to what we used to have it at that we're going to get with all these changes. Looks good... lots of new features -- it'll be nice when the new store comes out because it'll actually have a reason to exist again.

I also see with the new system how some users kept ending up with negative credits (thus disabling them from posting on occasion) and have taken steps to prevent this from happening.

I also changed Credits to Gil. This is TFF, after all.

Edit again -- I finally found the page that managed credits given... I assume there are a bunch of default values, but they're all hidden, so I've filled it all in according to what the settings used to be.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Blog Entries
    I was somewhat confused when I went to check my gil, can someone clarify what is the difference between puting our gil into a "savings" account from a "checking" account? It really didn't say anything too specific when I was looking at it.

On a different forum topic, I like the new reputation boxes a lot better, to me they seem easier on the eyes, so kudos to that.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Blog Entries
    Every thirty days, you get interest on any gil in your savings account. It's set to 3.5% if you're curious (which was the default, so I didn't feel a need to change it, even if it does seem a bit high). Anything you add into savings won't update until the next day, so your credits may appear lower in your account until the transaction completes (which is why I went from 2mil+ to mere hundreds).

All other settings regarding new threads, posts, etcetera are the same as they were.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.

Where the polar bears play at night and where the beavers are furry...
    From what i understand, it functions exactly as in real life.

A checking account has money which doesn't grow but can be spent.
    A savings account has money which grows at 3.5% per month-ish, but can't be spent.

pretty neat...i wish i had that interest XD

My Awesome TFF Family

My awesome Obsessive Half-Breed Half Sister: Vampiric Delirium, My Yaoi-Loving Compassionate Daughter: Xeim, My Forever Intoxicated Vigilante Brother: Celtic_Silver, My Sister From Another Mister: OceanEyes28, My Awesome Cali Brother: Fishie, My adorable little pet bunny: Tiger Lily, My FF worthy awesome Homie, ManicDepression, My Cloud-loving Spartan Fenririan Brother: Cloud, My UFC Champion athlete fighter: BenRampage, My godsmack addict, Manchester United Fan Rival in Trivia Brother: Omega Weapon, My Trivial Addict Cousin: Phantom, My Uber bot slicer son: Zero, My Really Awesome Rival in Trivia Brother: Squall333, My Silly Dragoonic Sister: Kaos Dragon, My Drunken Step-Father Who Smokes Every 5 Seconds: SasuXNaru, My "Unknowingly Being in His Family" Brother: Rasler, My Bahamut-Loving Stalker Sister:Bahamut1990, My Insane Overlord Grandfather: Itachi Uchiha

Blog Entries
    I see, so savings is the money we have in the bank, while the checking account is the amount of "visable" gil that we can see when posting, I get it now, thank you Lococolt and Nick

Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post
    I also changed Credits to Gil. This is TFF, after all.
    Thank You for doing this! haha. I was getting sick of 'Credits' and I completely forgot to change the name. you the man. The new options seem basically the same but combed out a little. Thanks for scoping it out.

-----
    Fuzz
    Webmaster
    @ thefinalfantasy.net
    [email protected]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I see, so savings is the money we have in the bank, while the checking account is the amount of "visable" gil that we can see when posting, I get it now, thank you Lococolt and Nick
    Erm, not quite what I meant.

What I meant to say is that the transaction into (or from, if withdrawing) savings doesn't post until the next day. I have the system set to show a combined amount of on-hand and banked credits, but currently, my 2mil doesn't belong to me -- it's in the process of being moved into the bank. Tomorrow, my posts will show the 2mil again.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Blog Entries
    Erm, not quite what I meant.

What I meant to say is that the transaction into (or from, if withdrawing) savings doesn't post until the next day. I have the system set to show a combined amount of on-hand and banked credits, but currently, my 2mil doesn't belong to me -- it's in the process of being moved into the bank. Tomorrow, my posts will show the 2mil again.
    Got it. I understood about the whole waiting 24 hours before transferring between checkings/savings accounts, but I was under the impression that there were two different "banks", one being a "checkings" storage for your gil and the other being a "savings" storage, which Nick clarified that for me, so teehee

Magically Delicous vbCredits Merlin's Avatar
    Every thirty days, you get interest on any gil in your savings account. It's set to 3.5% if you're curious (which was the default, so I didn't feel a need to change it, even if it does seem a bit high).
    It says the interest rate is 350.0%... Thats a bit off.
    Last edited by Merlin; 05-07-2008 at 10:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    I FORGOT MY DECIMAL!

Ohshi. Good thing you caught that before it updated. >_>

Or, well, I had it listed as 3.5 -- should have been .035 instead.

edit:
    That was a bitch. So I changed the one field I needed to change and left all the others blank -- and when I did, it wiped ALL OTHER VALUES, so I just had to go back and reset everything from scratch for each of the usergroups. >_< It's all good now, though.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Where the polar bears play at night and where the beavers are furry...
    I kinda figured that was a mistake. 350%? God, that would make me a millionaire in 3 months...

My Awesome TFF Family

My awesome Obsessive Half-Breed Half Sister: Vampiric Delirium, My Yaoi-Loving Compassionate Daughter: Xeim, My Forever Intoxicated Vigilante Brother: Celtic_Silver, My Sister From Another Mister: OceanEyes28, My Awesome Cali Brother: Fishie, My adorable little pet bunny: Tiger Lily, My FF worthy awesome Homie, ManicDepression, My Cloud-loving Spartan Fenririan Brother: Cloud, My UFC Champion athlete fighter: BenRampage, My godsmack addict, Manchester United Fan Rival in Trivia Brother: Omega Weapon, My Trivial Addict Cousin: Phantom, My Uber bot slicer son: Zero, My Really Awesome Rival in Trivia Brother: Squall333, My Silly Dragoonic Sister: Kaos Dragon, My Drunken Step-Father Who Smokes Every 5 Seconds: SasuXNaru, My "Unknowingly Being in His Family" Brother: Rasler, My Bahamut-Loving Stalker Sister:Bahamut1990, My Insane Overlord Grandfather: Itachi Uchiha

Wow nice to see the good old "Credits" system take a step forward and resembling how it used to be. Good job Fuzz! Anything else added? I noticed a new Tags box at the bottom of this here topic.

EDIT: Notice there's a transaction history. NICE! Although I doubt there's much of a reason for people to be cheating the system... yet.