Thread: TFF's 10 Year Anniversary

Eye in the Sky TFF's 10 Year Anniversary Fuzz's Avatar

TFF's 10 Year Anniversary

I was just thinking, and I'm sure it may have been mentioned already, but I just noticed that TFF has 'technically' been in business for 10 years! I don't know the exact date back in 1998, but I believe it was around this time of the year (around my birthday). The only proof I have is this link:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://thefinalfantasy.net

which goes back to April of 1999. Out of curiosity... does anyone have any screenshots, old posts, or any OLD material they can share? I want to get some sort of compilation together about TFF history.

It started off as a small website called Final Fantasy Galaxy (hosted on Angelfire, haha)...and has gone through a series of hurdles to where it is now. Its crazy to see the many that have followed this TFF journey with me and the family we have created. Who has been here the longest? Can you vets post the dates you think you joined? I know Vbulletin's registration date is far from accurate for the long-timers... since we all know the amount of times we have moved servers, lost database backups, and more...

Maybe we can organize some sort of event to help celebrate? I think it would be a great way to help stir up some activity and get new members. I know I need some needed content help for anyone that is interested. I was thinking we can post fresh articles, updated game sections, reviews, media, and more...

TFF has a unique place in my heart and I know it will continue to grow. I look forward to the future of this place and putting some well needed stock into it's development. I am thankful for the supportive staff that have been the foundation to the success of TFF. I swear to it, I want to be the oldest Final Fantasy fan site in the years to come, so let's keep this place going!

-----
    Fuzz
    Webmaster
    @ thefinalfantasy.net
    [email protected]

Lady Succubus TFF's 10 Year Anniversary Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah. I'll probably mention it in my blog or something, but then again, I have like no traffic to my blog at all. I have to find out how to get some traffic. It was easy when I had webcomics, cause they have those webcomic list sites and stuff.

But yeah, it seems like a nice idea.

The Quiet One TFF's 10 Year Anniversary Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ten years, its hard to believe its been that long already. I've been around for six of them. I know that a few of the old time vets around Merlin and your era have been appearing recently. It was that time around 2001 that a lot of stuff seemed to be happening that I missed out on by a year.

We made it through the .org days and I think if we managed to survive that and still going strong I think we have plenty of years ahead for us. I know that a lot of the vets and anyone around pre-.org will probably say that it was better back in those days. I know that I certainly enjoy those days a lot, even though they amounted to about six months for me before .org hit. But Roleplaying was huge, the General Chat had 50 posted threads a day and Clubs was the largest forum next to General Chat I think until it got the ax. I miss the humor threads from Musa, they were so funny.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

wow. The .org days... now there is something I forgot about. That was probably the biggest hit TFF has ever gotten along with many of the server swtichs. We started on a free hosting provider, went to a shared hosting environment, went to semi-dedicated, and now have our own box. I remember the flourishing days throughout our history when things were very active, as well. I remember when my only responsibility was to just update TFF and think of cool new forum scripts to add, now I'm married work 2 jobs and find myself hunting for time.

Merlin is one of the oldest vets, not sure, on the exact length, but damn... he's been here a while with me. Anyone remember Ranma_du or Star Solider? and the pre-vbulletin era? When we used UBB? that was insane!

We should revive some old threads/topics you guys liked; and yeah, post on your blog Raine.

-----
    Fuzz
    Webmaster
    @ thefinalfantasy.net
    [email protected]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    Star Solider?
    SS? Yes. She has been gone from here for a very long time. Crazy events took place around her leaving, as well.

I was at the tail end of the "glory days," I believe. Although when I came, people were already talking about the "glory days," so I dunno.

Some times I feel indifferent to this board, but you, fuzz, seem like a genuinely good man. And I really mean that. You're always extremely nice and professional whenever I see you post or have interacted with you. So I wish the best for you and hope your site lasts another 10 years. I will likely do next to nothing to support it at this point, but it's the thought that counts, eh? Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

The Old Skool Warrior TFF's 10 Year Anniversary LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow, it's crazy to think that I've been here for over half of the site's uptime. I remember back in the day, you had talked about it starting out as a little Angelfire fan site forever and a day ago. I think it was *actually* in 1996 or 97 when you had gotten it off the ground under something else altogether? I remember discussion about this at some point. All the same, here's to a happy decade under the TFF moniker, and here's to a decade more!
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Yeah I still remember how crazy it was , the big switch from UBB to VB. I actually registered January 2001 along with Rinny, a couple weeks before Merlin. But we had a big server crash at the end of Jan and Fuzz had to wipe everything clean which is why it says Feb 2001. I asked Merlin not too long ago why his still said Jan 2001 and he said it was something he was able to ask Fuzz to change for him shortly. Bastard

I still have a ton of my old banners I made for people, the SOLDIER banners and stuff, even those CFC cards that started that craze.

I was just looking at some of my old files, and found one of them dating back to 02. Man I was such a creative GENIUS back then!

Had to stop by for this.

Congrats on the site being 10 years old, Fuzz. It's weird to think that this site has been up for half of MY LIFE.

I joined when I was...13? Man I was probably annoying back then. I joined I think a month after the big crash, so I had no idea what people were talking about when I first came here, in regards to a 'big crash'.

I actually kind of miss being an annoying 13 year old.
    nothing is reallly here...sorry.

私は。。。思い出にはならないさ TFF's 10 Year Anniversary chaosweapon's Avatar
    I've been a fan of TheFinalFantasy since 2002 so I'm not surprised. Any future plans for the site?

CONGRATULATIONS!

What is this I don't even Musashiden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    4/20/01... Goddamn. Next month I'll have been here for 7 years. Now I'm twenty-frickin-one and I still come here. Over the years I've joined many many other forums, and none of em stuck but this one. Animeleague came close but then Freesaiyan got his panties in a twist. This place still beat that one down anyway.

If I ain't dead by then, I'll definitely be around on the 20th anniversary .

Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken?
    Thread killer extraordinaire since 4/20/01.
    Tumblr | Twitter

I was 15 when I joined on July 10th and.... wow.

It's hard to believe I'm still here, granted I was gone for a year due to being banned, but that's beside the point.

Lots of good times here. This July will mark 7 years for me.

Wow, it is really cool to see some of the true vets posting here. I really do appreciate the support all of you have had for TFF over the years. I know it sounds corny, but, TFF wouldn't be here without you guys.

I think I was like 14 when I started this...? Maybe even younger, but it was around middle school days. I remember I basically locked myself in my dad's office for an entire summer and learned HTML, I'm glad I did! It got me excited. Now I work full time as a web designer and do web consulting on the side. It's ALL I do, haha.

We'll see how many years we can keep this thing alive, but I assure you that dramatic improvements are underway. thanks again

-----
    Fuzz
    Webmaster
    @ thefinalfantasy.net
    [email protected]

TFF's 10 Year Anniversary Secret Weapon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Thank You!

I wish I knew about this website sooner! This site rocks! You guys put a lot of thought building this from ground zero. Anywayz, I just wanted to give props for putting me on here and appreciate your movement. Great job.