Thread: TFF will temporarily be offline soon...

Eye in the Sky TFF will temporarily be offline soon... Fuzz's Avatar

Exclamation TFF will temporarily be offline soon...

Hey guys,

Well, it saddens me to announce the following but I suppose it was inevitable at some point.

I have recently received a Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) regarding having the trademarked name 'final fantasy' within our domain name 'thefinalfantasy.net'.

Not sure why it took years to discover this and Square Enix has every right to want to have it not associated with unofficial websites. They were friendly in the matter, but none-the-less, it sucks. I am posted this now before the site goes down after the domain is transferred. I plan on moving the site to a different domain name and restoring everything there... any ideas on names? I own ffaddicts.com, but that is it...

Sorry for the bad news. This hit me hard but we can continue to carry on the spirit of TFF on another domain. I will keep everyone posted on our FB page linked below. Please let others know that may visit the site after the transfer and NOT see this message.
    The Final Fantasy - Home | Facebook

Thanks guys,
    Fuzz

-----
    Fuzz
    Webmaster
    @ thefinalfantasy.net
    [email protected]

Bananarama TFF will temporarily be offline soon... Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well that's a real kick in the nuts. I'm not surprised though, since it is a copyrighted franchise.

FFAddicts isn't a terrible name. Apparently theFF.com is for sale
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Memento RK TFF will temporarily be offline soon... Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I also wouldn't mind theFF.com

I took it upon myself to post the news to the Facebook page to let people know. How long are you expecting to take the domain name down in order to do the transfer?
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

Thanks guys. Yeah, it is a good swift kick in the nuts, haha. I was pissed for a while but have come to terms. I mean, they have every right to own it and I'm suprised it took this long. I guess I just got so used to the name I didn't think anything of it.

Yeah, first domain I looked up was theff.com and it is indeed taken... although it appears to just be parked. I'll look into contacting whomever owns it and see if they will sell it for a reasonable price. Keep thinking of other names... I'll do the same. Any other way to spin TheFinalFantasy without having the words 'Final Fantasy' in the domain name, haha.

Thanks for posting Yoko. Once the transfer is initiated, which can be any day now... I just need to move all of our files and database to a new domain... then we will be back online, so it won't take long. Probably 3-5 days of down time I'm thinking.

-----
    Fuzz
    Webmaster
    @ thefinalfantasy.net
    [email protected]

Memento RK TFF will temporarily be offline soon... Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If all else fails, I also wouldn't mind reviving Square Forums. That was the forum I came from previously before finding this forum. Square Forums has since fallen off the grid, and all of our memories have been lost to the aether. That may just be a pipe dream though.

Other suggestions are as follows:
    FFForums
    TFFForums (TFF.com) that doesn't seem to be taken.

I like the idea of keeping it simple and shortening the name instead of completely rebranding.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

Blog Entries
    Darn, maybe I should check in here more often...

I was thinking TFF.com as I was reading thru this. Although it apparently redirects to searchfusion dot info right now. Which won't load. lol... Some bs.

TheFinalF.com. People will think it's a bad grade. Or maybe...

TheFFantasy.com. TFFantasy.com. TeeEffEff.com. TheFinalFrunkasy.com. TheFanalFintasy.com. TheFinalFallacy.com. TheFinalFolklore.com. TheFungalFructose.com TotallyFrigginFantasy.com.

Durp a durp. Sorry Fuzz.

How about Penultimate Fantasy?

TheFuzzyFantasy.com might get some interesting new traffic.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Tifa-inal Fantasy Forum

Glad things are up and running again! I like the name!

The Mad God TFF will temporarily be offline soon... Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Ayy, back in business.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions... I was able to get thefinalfantasy.net working again and approved, so we no longer are 'The First Fantasy', haha. Honestly, I liked it at first but now hate it. I guess 20 years of saying 'The Final Fantasy' has been driven into my brain. We should be good now. I have redirects from thefirstfantasy.com working. Let me know if you see any funkiness 24 hours after this post as I am still cleaning things up and getting the site to work properly with the new domain. I may still get theFuzzyFantasy.com and use it as a redirect, haha.

-----
    Fuzz
    Webmaster
    @ thefinalfantasy.net
    [email protected]