Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TFF Anniversary Celebration!

Magically Delicous TFF Anniversary Celebration! Merlin's Avatar

News Post TFF Anniversary Celebration!

In celebration of Final Fantasy's 25th birthday, The Final Fantasy Forums are getting a makeover! In the coming weeks the forums will be undergoing a number of big changes that will add much needed functionality that has been missing. These changes won't happen all at once though!

The first major change you will see is the upgrade of the forums to vBulletin 4. This version has a lot of improvements over what we are currently running, while still remaining easy to use. Rather than bore you with the differences in the base software I encourage you to explore all the nooks and crannies yourself! Upon release, the forums will still have the classic TFF Light and TFF Dark themes we all know and love. We are hard at work at creating additional themes for you to choose from, but these won't be ready right away.

Of course, having a vanilla version of vBulletin 4 wouldn't be that interesting, so we're kicking it up a few notches. For instance, reporting posts has become more straightforward. Currently, your only option was to write out what the problem is when you report a post. Now you will be able to choose from a number of pre-defined choices such as “flaming”, “spam”, and more to make the process faster. You can still type in your own message as well.

Another change you will see is to the experience point system. Currently your activity over the entire time you've been at TFF is factored into the numbers. This is bad, because if you happen to take a break for a while you are permanently punished for it with no way to make it up. Lame huh? The new system may look similar but it works differently. Here are the main things to keep in mind:
    • HP bar: Your HP grows as you gain levels. The higher your level, the more HP you have
    • EXP bar: Shows how close you are to the next level. The closer you are, the fuller the bar is. You gain experience points a variety of ways, not just from posting. More details soon.
    • SP bar: Shows how active you have been recently. You are not punished for inactivity in the distant past.

So what's the catch? There has to be one right? Well not everything will survive the transition. The two big ones are the Arcade and the Store. The Arcade will be replaced by a more Final Fantasy appropriate gaming system in a future update. Unfortunately the Store will no longer be supported. Rather than buying items, you will be able to earn achievements and awards for reaching different goals around the forums. Since purchasing items will no longer be possible, gil is being removed. We realize that this will upset some people, but it is part of streamlining the forums.

Stay tuned to this thread for more updates during the week where we will unveil more features and give you a sneak peak at what's to come! Not only that but there will be chances for you to win prizes, so keep your eyes peeled for that! Thank you for sticking through the tough times and I hope you all enjoy the new look!

Ayyye TFF Anniversary Celebration! Lacquer Head's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh thank god, I have this version of vbulletin >_> and I guess I wont be buying that Lunar Whale v.v

Chief Inspiring Officer TFF Anniversary Celebration! Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hey! I was wondering if this next upgrade will be the 'gil killer', cuz I've got a deadline on my art contest that coincidentally takes place on that very day, (September 9th) and if there's no longer any gil, how am I supposed to properly reward the winner his/her 10,000 gil?
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

Lady Succubus TFF Anniversary Celebration! Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Er.. small nitpick over the announcement, but...Saturday is the 8th, not the 9th. ^^; But uh.. it's fine. Just thought I'd point that out. But I can't wait for the overall transition and see what happens next week! It's all going to be so exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by cyanosuke View Post
    if there's no longer any gil, how am I supposed to properly reward the winner his/her 10,000 gil?
    After the upgrade you will no longer be able to use gil as a reward. An overview of new reward opportunities will be given in an upcoming update.

#LOCKE4GOD TFF Anniversary Celebration! Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I could Google this, but in about how many hours from now/whenever someone replies will this begin?

The forums will be down on September 8th for the majority of the day. That is six days from now.

#LOCKE4GOD TFF Anniversary Celebration! Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jokes, I was not paying attention to the date!

Nevermind!

Consistently Average TFF Anniversary Celebration! Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The changes look great, I can't wait to see how this site will turn out. Just got to find out what time 11pm CDT is over here
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Shake it like a polaroid picture TFF Anniversary Celebration! RagnaToad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacquer Head View Post
    and I guess I wont be buying that Lunar Whale v.v
    No. Because I've owned it for over 2 years now.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Memento Rhapso TFF Anniversary Celebration! Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ooooh, this sounds nifty. Plus the update begins on my birthday!
    Can't wait to see how it turns out.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sounds pretty decent! I'm looking forward to the changes. I'm sure you guys will do a good job. ^^

Will the current rep/thanks system be carried over?

@cyanosuke Maybe make a small banner by means of a reward?

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

don't put your foot in there guy SOLDIER #819's Avatar
    Merlin spent a very large portion of his holiday working on the new forums. Let us all give thanks.

NOWWWWWWWW
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow

Eye in the Sky TFF Anniversary Celebration! Fuzz's Avatar
    This is definitely a well needed and deserved upgrade, thanks for doing this Merlin

I may have the new main TFF site done by the end of the month, so looks like both the forums and site will be freshened up. Remember that it is not only the 25th anniversary of Final Fantasy, but also the 15th anniversary of TFF! woot!

-----
    Fuzz
    Webmaster
    @ thefinalfantasy.net
    [email protected]

TFF's Token Imp TFF Anniversary Celebration! Martin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    15 years?? Jesus that is pretty old. Looking forward to seeing this really take shape, and having a mooch around when it's all done.
    Spoiler:

Care to have a look at my WordPress Journal?

OK folks there is only about 7 1/2 more hours until the forums will be temporarily shut down for upgrades! Keep in mind that during the downtime the forums will not be accessible.

Welcome Back! I've added a series of blog posts that will help explain various new features. I will add more in the next few days. Check it out here: The Final Fantasy Forums - Forum Updates - Blogs

If you want to keep up-to-date on the latest updates to the forum software, be sure to subscribe to my blog.

Currently we only have TFF Dark up and running. TFF Light needs a few more tweaks and should be up by next weekend(hopefully sooner).

TFF's Token Imp TFF Anniversary Celebration! Martin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just a quick question - has the reputation system in the format it was in pretty much disabled now? Just we have the whole Facebook 'like' thing going on so I wondered if that was what it will be from now on.
    Spoiler:

Care to have a look at my WordPress Journal?

Death Before Dishonor TFF Anniversary Celebration! Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So far everything is looking pretty good. Waiting for that light to get done so I can see how everything looks with it.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Gingersnap TFF Anniversary Celebration! OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    TFF Anniversary Celebration!-xvyosl-jpg

But it looks good. And the rules have been updated, so that's nice. Guess I'll go figure out how everything works now (I feel like I'm 80 years old (or a dog))!
    Last edited by OceanEyes28; 09-09-2012 at 10:12 PM.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

The Reputation System has been disabled. It's too confusing having multiple ways to 'like' a post. The new like system has a tree at the top of a topic that will quickly allow you to see which posts your fellow TFFers think are the most worthwhile to read. There is no "dislike" so you don't have to worry about getting hater reps anymore.

I'm slowly adding tutorials to Tech Support's blog to help people navigate the new stuff. I'd have more up but I need some sleep. >_<

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) TFF Anniversary Celebration! che's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well done, looks great. I did have some questions about earning points, but I posted it in the experience points blog post you made before I even looked at this thread.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Soup Kitchen Jerk. TFF Anniversary Celebration! Polk's Avatar
    Gosh TFF you're looking real purdy tonight, I was thinking maybe you'd like to go to the sock hop with me this weekend?

Gonna take a while to get used to, but looks good so far.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Asking all the personal questions. TFF Anniversary Celebration! RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    Overall in general I like the look of the upgrade it looks great, it is refreshing if nothing else. I like how you can see who has like certain posts and like Merlin said it helps to see what posts are worth reading etc.
    I also noticed a little auto save message pop up while I was typing this message is that a little new thing? does that mean that if the page times out then it's saved as a draft or something anyway I think it is a great Idea.

Still getting my head around all this new experience and awards when you visit the page I don't know what is what and whos is whos anyway that makes it exciting to find out how all these new things work.
    Well done Merlin and everyone else that was involved.

Actually one thing I find a bit of a pain is that to reply to a thread you need to travel all the way to the top of the page to get to the reply button when there used to be one at the bottom as well.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Shake it like a polaroid picture TFF Anniversary Celebration! RagnaToad's Avatar
    I'm liking the new forum. The thread layout looks good, clean and tight, and I'm interested to see the 'Like' system being used.

To me the new Blog thing is not something I was missing on the forums or fully understand the value of.

And can the little box that says 'tweets' on the left be removed in some way? Perhaps move it someplace else?
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Yay so TFF the ole girl has gotten her plastic surgery!

I'm liking everything so far, but really haven't got to check all the new shtuff outs yet.
    EBG

It took me about 5mins to find this thread, and then about a minute to find the reply button, i gave up and used the reply with quote one, only one i could see

Anyway, the site looks great, ALOT of change and its gonna take my dinousaur ass time to adjust!

Great work Merlin!

I found it humerous i had to be taken to the rules page before i could post to agree to rules that are not enforced

I now got to look at the forums.

all I found out was this

You changed TFF into Facebook. I'm out, peace.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    It took me about 5mins to find this thread, and then about a minute to find the reply button, i gave up and used the reply with quote one, only one i could see
    Wow there's some stupid setting that disables the quick reply if human verification is set to true on posts. Maybe I don't get it because I'm an admin? Anywho, I turned that off because bots can circumvent stuff like that easy enough anyway. Let me know if it is still a problem. Thanks!

All sorted now, perhaps i wasnt logged in when i was looking for the button at first, i cant remember, anyway its there now, Cheers pal!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast