Thread: Forum Additions

Eye in the Sky Forum Additions Fuzz's Avatar

Post Forum Additions

I'm in the midst of installing some new forum features. Some may of more use to the others, some may think they are well not needed, but hey, at least it's something new!

I have been waiting for the 'Store' to get done so we can all spend the 'Credits' you have been earning, but it is STILL in development. I will keep a close eye on it and install as soon as it is available.

In the meantime, I will be adding a few new things here-and-there. I will post them to this thread when I have added new installments, just so you are aware of the new features and if you have any questions.

More will probably be added throughout the coming days and weeks, so be sure to check back to make sure you know of all the new features being implemented.

-----
    Fuzz
    Webmaster
    @ thefinalfantasy.net
    [email protected]

Lady Succubus Forum Additions Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The photo plog thing needs work, I think. I keep being directed to the login page over and over. =P

Registered User Forum Additions King Fenii's Avatar
    Hey Fuzz!
    How's it been? You're busy with TFF I can guess right? How's about finishing that project we started on once? Well, maybe not the whole project, but AT LEAST the skins. I think people will be dying for some new skins.

Of course they'll have to be approved by the mods (yes Vicky, I'm talking to you) so that everybody can be happy.

Let me know!

The Quiet One Forum Additions Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is having an XBox Live List really necessary? Sounds more like additional clutter than anything else. You know Fuzz you could always just do away with Gil/Credits and just never bring back the store. I never did understand the need to constantly add things on top of what we have. Its a forum, we don't need all of the extra bells and whistles that are just fluff.

If I recall the skins you made they were just color changes to what we already have. We've been doing fine with the ones we got. Most people like the TFF Dark skin anyway, since it is easier on the eyes and not so bright.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Registered User Forum Additions King Fenii's Avatar
    Blablabla, we've been over this like 156.000 times already. Some people would like the option of a nice shiny bell, or a loud whistle. It give every user its own edge. And my skins looked like polished versions of this one, and then some colour variation. But I was talking about NEW skins, because I anticipated this kind of repetitive drilling on my head a.k.a. whining ^^

I completely support the restoration of the store. It gives us something to do with our credits while simultaneously allowing us to express our sentiment or favoritism to another user.
    I don't know about the Xbox live list though.

Every user can use the store, but only a fraction even own an online'd Xbox.

"Useless" features, yes, but I feel that the ones that are desired and used should remain/be restored, and the ones that are unliked/disused should be removed, as they are clutter.

When you get right down to it, every feature is useless. Rep, life points, experience, smilies, quick reply, and arcade are all unnecessary. But they make TFF that much better.

Its up to the users to decide which features they like and don't like, and the features that don't catch on should be removed as soon as they start causing clutter issues.
    3rd Division Captain of the Bleach Club
    Lurking member of the Old School Cult of Kefka

Eye in the Sky Forum Additions Fuzz's Avatar
    Yes, we have to restore some of those skins that were in development! but I really liked the Trophy idea... If we get the store back, which should be sooner than later... it would be a great feature to add to it. The new vbCredits store is supposed to be top-of-the-line, professional, not a server performance hog, and shouldn't add the 'clutter'. However, I see what you are talking about Andro. Maybe we can limit the type of items that are purchased or at least organize everything to make it appear less cluttered.

I think working on Skins will be the next mission. Not just color changes but in a way that organizes information in logical manner and has a unique look. If anyone has any ideas, just shoot me a .psd file or some screenshots of what you have in mind.

The only reason I just installed the 2 recent addons was because I was on vbulletin.org and those 2 popped out to me... plus it only took a few minutes. I'm not on a rampage to clutter everything up. Like Rasler said, the users can select what they want, but offers a subtle array of features that can only enrich the user experience.

-----
    Fuzz
    Webmaster
    @ thefinalfantasy.net
    [email protected]

Magically Delicous Forum Additions Merlin's Avatar
    I don't even want to think of vB skins at this point. The amount of ghetto-rigging that is needed to get the shit to work right is ridiculous. Especially when you start adding in hacks. The way they have them set up now, with it plugging crap in automatically rather than the 'good ole days', if you mess around too much with the layout, nothing will work. O.o

Lady Succubus Forum Additions Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I for one like the Xbox Live addon, because I can see other members that play, and maybe they play the games I play, and gives me some more competition instead of the dudes/girls at the gamefaqs boards.