I've been pondering it for a while... and in the past two weeks I can count four times it's been brought up by different people, so I am considering proposal of some different ideals based on the activity of specific forums and how things could potentially be laid out to streamline our front page.

I know it has been said in the past that creating more subforums is always the wrong way to go about it, so I would like to propose a rough layout of what I'd like to see personally, and would LOVE for all of you to give your input. This will not be a poll; rather, I would like everyone who wishes to have their words considered step in and comment on either the proposed design or changes s/he would like to see.

That said, my proposal is below. Using existing category headers, this is my idea:

TFF Lobby
• Forum Announcements
• Forum Suggestions/Feedback, Bug Reports, Tech Support
Basically, merge "How Do I?" with the forum above it; both are set up as answer forums and can honestly share the same space.
• Member Business (comings and goings)
Can we rename this into something that still explains what it is but makes a little more sense? 'kay.

Game Room
• General Final Fantasy
• Final Fantasy I, II, & III
Change forum description to note that remakes on other consoles are discussed here as well; ditto for all relevant instances below.
• Final Fantasy IV, V, & VI
• Final Fantasy VII & Spinoffs
• Final Fantasy VIII & IX
• Final Fantasy X, X-2, XII
• Final Fantasy XIII Series
• Final Fantasy Tactics Series
• Final Fantasy Online: XI, XIV
• General Gaming
And then modify the description to note that it's for all non-FF titles, which is clearer than the "blah blah all other great games" business.

Member Lounge
• General Chat
• Intellectual Discussion
Since the majority rule on this is so much in favor of keeping the forum as it is... maybe a name change of sorts to better describe it? Maybe Topical Debates or something?
• Visual Media
Encompasses visual mediums of art, movies, television, anime, etc. These sections are all large but with a LOT of old, dead topics that could be removed.
• Audio Media
Encompasses music, but has a large place due to videogame remixes. Encourage users to link to their own work rather than discourage advertising.
• Written Media
Basically the Literature forum goes here, but with more emphasis on users showcasing their own works, much like the Audio section above.
• Clubs
• Journals
Just a simple move, nothing about it actually would change.

Spotlight Theatre
is fine as it is, unless anyone else has input on changing it. It's split up into a handful of categories, but that kind of stuff really needs to be divided the way it is, even if it isn't terribly active these days. This is also part of why it's on the bottom instead of showcased up top - it does not get in the way of the focal points of TFF.

Removals, and where they could be dissolved:
• Gaming Media: spread topics into new Visual Media and Audio Media forums.
• FFVII subforum: blow it all back into FFVII as a whole.
• FFX-2 subforum: blow it all back into FFX as a whole.
• Kingdom Hearts subforum: blow it all back into General Gaming as a whole.
• The entire Auditorium category:
--- Literature into Written Media
--- Art into Visual Media
--- Digital Community threads spread between Media and Gaming forums where applicable; other threads merged into General Chat

Also, the Reviews category and its single forum of Writer's Corner? Let's hide that shit until we have enough activity that it can actually be relevant again. In the meantime, we can encourage members to post their own reviews in whatever game forum would be relevant to their topic. It would also help push activity back where it belongs rather than divide it into useless areas.

Same with Chocobo Digest. Let's get it off the index, hidden but not deleted until it serves a purpose again - IF it ever serves a purpose again.

Office/Network/Archives need no alterations.