Thread: Clean Sweep 2010 Edition

Magically Delicous Clean Sweep 2010 Edition Merlin's Avatar

Clean Sweep 2010 Edition

I know every thread is precious to someone, but it's time once again to let go of those threads and start making new ones. Let our hearts and minds not be filled with sadness over the parting of these dear threads, but look at it as an opportunity to make new memories with your friends here at TFF. Peace be with them. If you have any parting words or fond memories you would like to share over events of the yesteryear, I encourage you to do so.

Thanks goes out to all of you who have supported TFF over the years. I hope that you continue to do so in the future. Let us not be average. Let us strive to be the best damned Final Fantasy site there is. ^_^

The Quiet One Clean Sweep 2010 Edition Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Clean Sweep 2010 Edition

Can I get some clarification on the process you'll be using to do the cleaning? Will it be a wipe the archives clean or wipe a everything past a certain date?
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Blog Entries

Are there going to be account wipes too? I can think of certain accounts that should be deleted!

KIDDING
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Everything older than two years which isn't a sticky in the major forums are departing us. In most forums, there will be no difference, as mods have been keeping up with it. The Cleft of Dimension on the other hand, will see a massive difference. The pack-ratting by mods not pruning their forums really needs to be resolved. There were over 5,500 threads in there with 5 or less posts. Come on...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Are there going to be account wipes too? I can think of certain accounts that should be deleted!

KIDDING
    I already deleted over 5,000 accounts of people with a post count of 5 or less who haven't been here in 3 months or more.
    Last edited by Merlin; 05-28-2010 at 05:37 PM.

The Quiet One Clean Sweep 2010 Edition Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah the staff forgot that the archive was supposed to be saving threads for posterity. I had been spending the last few days trying to do some cleaning to it.

Though Merlin it would have been polite to give us a heads up prior to the act rather than after the act. There are a number of things that were put in there for valid reasons to be saved for posterity.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

That's the problem with pack-ratting. There's always a good reason to store everything. Some of my favorite threads were in there... but I don't need them to remember all the fun I had over the years. If it bothers everyone too much, you can have Fuzz restore the forums from the nightly backup. But seriously, we need to focus on the future of TFF not continue to be stuck in a rut looking at old photographs.
    Last edited by Merlin; 05-28-2010 at 05:57 PM.

All the posts about WG and post counts have been removed as it has already been covered here. Please post questions about that matter there. Thanks.

UPDATE: I've cleaned out the threads older than 2 years in Cleft of Dimensions and a few other places. I'm leaving the remaining forums the way they are.

edit2: I sent Fuzz a heads-up in case people want me to revert the change. We'd lose the posts for today, but get the 10k Cleft of Dimension threads back. I apologize for not giving a heads-up on it.

Hey Merlin by chance was one of those areas ID? Just figured I would ask seeing I need to find a thread and sticky it. If not it is not a big loss. I have it on paper somewhere and I can easily type it back out.

:edit: never mind. It was in there looks like you might of bypassed it seeing it hadn't been posted in since 07. It was one of the sub sections of additional rules. I plan on using it for something.
    Last edited by Meier Link; 05-28-2010 at 07:10 PM.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

No, I only did Game Room and Cleft of Dimensions. I left the rest alone.

Now I feel bad because I realize I still have an issue with shooting first and asking questions later. I will start working on that immediately.

don't put your foot in there guy SOLDIER #819's Avatar

Could you just make sure to keep that Cleft of Dimensions backup safe somewhere...? I'd really like to not see those disappear entirely, even if they're not forum viewable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow

There is no backup of just one forum. It's a backup of the whole database.

don't put your foot in there guy SOLDIER #819's Avatar

As long as it exists in some form I don't really mind...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow

The Lone Dagger Clean Sweep 2010 Edition Xithor's Avatar

I had just recently posted in a topic in the FFIX forum and when I clicked on it to look again it said the link was invalid. That because it got deleted? The name of the thread was something like "Should It Be Made Into a Movie or a Sequel?". Just curious because the thread seem to have disappeared.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Lady Succubus Clean Sweep 2010 Edition Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/fi...o-movie-2.html

That's what you're looking for. ...How could you mistake FFX for FFIX? XD

Numerology FAIL? At least I hope so. Those games are very much different. In any case, new topics were NOT deleted by me. If a new topic was deleted, you need to talk to the staff. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Victoria View Post
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/fi...o-movie-2.html

That's what you're looking for. ...How could you mistake FFX for FFIX? XD
    No lol I didn't confuse IX with X, this thread was specifically about asking whether or not the game should be made into a movie or they should produce a sequel instead and I remember my stance on trying a sequel bc even though most loose ends got tied at the conclusion of the game I could think of topics as leap off points for a sequel such as overseeing the rebuilding of the three major kindgoms, Alexandria, Burmecia, and Lindblum bc Cleyra is too far gone. I posted right after RagnaToad had then I came back like 2 hours later and the entire thread was gone.

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Clean Sweep 2010 Edition Treize's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xithor View Post
    No lol I didn't confuse IX with X, this thread was specifically about asking whether or not the game should be made into a movie or they should produce a sequel instead and I remember my stance on trying a sequel bc even though most loose ends got tied at the conclusion of the game I could think of topics as leap off points for a sequel such as overseeing the rebuilding of the three major kindgoms, Alexandria, Burmecia, and Lindblum bc Cleyra is too far gone. I posted right after RagnaToad had then I came back like 2 hours later and the entire thread was gone.
    I'm pretty sure the initial creator of the thread could delete the whole thread if they wanted to. That could be what happened. I doubt it was a moderator.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

That's probably what happened, shame though I was enjoying the direction that thread was going in.

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away