Thread: A Catalogue of Changes

The Old Skool Warrior A Catalogue of Changes LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A Catalogue of Changes

As some of you have [hopefully] noticed, I've been playing a bit of Tetris on the index and eliminating some lines along the way. This stems from a healthy conversation about cleaning up the mess and making TFF a more accessible place again.

Here are some bullet points because I think they're fancy:

• Clubs has been moved to the archive.
    • Tournament of Arms and Tournament of Heroes have been moved to the archive.
    • The Spotlight Theatre category has been converted into a forum, and its contents are now subforums. This puts all of our roleplaying forums into a single, accessible button on the index. This conversion led to the placement of the Spotlight Theatre forum into The Arcade category, to highlight our text-based gaming.
    • The Matrix category has been hidden from the index. (This was the category for our affiliate forums, which have been inactive for ridiculous periods of time.)
    • Our own Priscilla now has Cilla vs Games at the end of The Arcade as a way to cross-promote her blog and the forum simultaneously. You can look forward to Cilla transferring a fair bit of relevant blog content into the forum to invoke deeper discussion.
    • The Gathering Hall has been moved back to its prior placement above The Arcade.

In the interest of being transparent with you, we are also discussing a complete overhaul in the way the staff functions. On the table is a discussion regarding whether to keep individual moderators over forums (which prevents the rest of the staff from receiving notices when there is a report), or to convert the staff into a crew of supermods who can oversee everything. Currently, the opinion seems to be leaning toward the latter. Some of the existing staff may not be interested in the responsibility of maintaining the entire forum, so there may be further changes to the roster. I will keep you posted in this thread as we progress with our overhaul.

There is only one staff member who does not visit at least once a month; some of you may remember Cain Highwind, who is no longer a part of our team as he has not visited in a couple of years. I still keep up with him through other avenues, and I know he is doing well.

In an effort to offer responsibility and recognition to our members without burdening them with moderator roles, we are also introducing contributor roles. Incognitus and Priscilla have already taken the mantle, allowing them to produce content and push it into the website's homepage. I am curious to know who else would like to be a part of the content team; we would like for serious applicants to have only one year of tenure, and a minimum of 100 posts per year of membership. It is unlikely that I would turn down anyone wishing to help TFF with quality content, but we would need to discuss the type of content you would want to provide. Please keep in mind that there is no compensation for your volunteer work, but as events and opportunities come about, there may be options provided to you in this role.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to address me here, via VM, or PM if it is a private concern.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

The Old Skool Warrior A Catalogue of Changes LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You may also have noticed the new Company Chest hiding inside of General Chat. This is an archive separate from the rest, where we are compiling some of the most memorable topics from TFF's history. This could be GC threads, ID threads, roleplays, and so on containing any great nostalgia or entertainment value, be it from happy, sad, exciting, depressing, or straight up dramatic and pointless things. If you would like to nominate any DEAD topics for this... display case, if you will, feel free to VM me a link to the topic. You can pull these from the forum or the general archive. We are currently working on some super nostalgic things to float into the section.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.