Thread: Registration

Registered User Registration Zidane77's Avatar

Registration

So i'm gonna try this game for a month to start with and i have no idea how to get registration code for PlayOnline, also where do i start paying for the month?
    I checked playonline.com and didn't find anything how to start so im confused
    I have no experience in MMO's but wanted to play this game until i buy FFXIV for PS3 in march.

Re: Registration

The playonline launcher is where you do everything. Sorry that's all I can give you though, I don't know that program that well.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Yeah that's what i've heard but the only option i have is having registration code (which i dont have) or quit.

Are you using the trial? If you bought the game then it comes with a code in the box. If not you need to get a 14 day trial set up then after that's up start the payment but it sucks since you don't get all the expansions. The game is 20 bucks at a Best Buy that comes with all the expansions.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

I have all the expansions installed but i don't know where to get this 14 day trial, is that free?

The Quiet One Registration Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Part of the question is what platform you're playing the game on. PS2, PS3, 360 or PC. PS2 and PS3 are the same since if you're on the PS3 you're just playing with your PS2 discs. 360 will be like the PS2, but PC is a different story. Since PC you can buy in the stores or downloaded. If you downloaded, that is probably a different story than getting it stores. I think the download is probably the 14 day trial.

If you buy in the stores it should still be the 30 days free unless that has changed since I joined years ago.

If you downloaded I haven't the foggiest how to find the codes. If you bought it in the store than they'll all be in the manual of the game. The collections will have a list of the codes on the manual for each expansion. You'll have to go in and register each expansion by its code through the Content ID on the Playonline service. The very top code in the back of the manual will be your Playonline registration code. Under that will be the FFXI code followed by all of the expansion codes.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

I see what you mean, yeah im on PC i forgot to mention that.
    It's downloaded through torrent but i was thinking of downloading through steam, would i get codes with that, cause it would probably not include the manual..

Blog Entries

Downloading it through a torrent is probably the problem. Because you have to pay for the game, or rather pay for the registration codes so that you can play the game. Unless the torrent is a legal version, you're not going to be receiving valid codes probably. If you're already installed the game and everything then all that really remains is buying the game so that you can get the codes. I don't know if Steam carries FFXI or not, I think Direct to Drive does.

If you can find a place to buy it online somewhere they'll probably give you the codes through some means like email or something. I don't believe that'll be able to link it through your account with Steam or whatever since Playonline is a separate service that works independently.

The simple option would probably be just go to Best Buy or wherever and buy the Collection. Since you've installed already all you'll need to do is just put out the manual and put in the codes. After that sit back for 12 hours of updates for the last 8 years.

Wow i wonder how many people buy it from steam then. The collection is there and it seems the will have the code as well.
    I guess torrent does not work, i was intending on buying the game afterwards, i just wanted to check if i would like it.
    But if i buy it i have 30 days free, so i guess i can just as well do that.

Has anyone had problem buying XI through steam?

Blog Entries

The 14 day trial version might be free completely, but I don't know. If you can find that you may be able to play without have to buy the game. But for $20 for a full game and four expansions is a pretty good deal. I don't know if the mini-expansions are included as well or if it is just the primary ones.

Mini-expansions?
    Well steam is selling the collection for 10 bucks with 4 expansions and 3 scenarios (whatever that is), i guess im just going for that, hopefully it will include manual as well..

Blog Entries

That's a really good deal then. The 3 scenarios are the mini-expansions I was talking about. I couldn't really find the right word for them since they aren't true expansions. All they are just a handful of missions that you play for the sake of the story and the reward item at the end. There isn't any new jobs or areas they just play out in existing areas. There are a total of 6 scenarios, but I don't know if they have released all of them yet. The Abyssal are the current ones that are new right now. And I think they are still slowly working out the Wings of the Goddess storyline. I don't know if it is wrapped up or not yet.

Either way $10 is a really good price since new when they came out the price tag for all of the would be like $150.

Just be aware while there are 20 jobs available in the game, you only start out with access to 6 of them and you have to go out and earn the other 14 of them if you want to play them.

Nice, that sounds pretty good, thx for the info
    Last edited by Zidane77; 10-21-2010 at 12:57 AM.