Thread: Cross-system playability

Cross-system playability

So I bought FFXI six years or so ago. At this time i had a bad computer so i got it for the ps2. I just started replaying under the false assumption that Square would not be jerks and actually provide an ultimate collection for PS2 but that privlidge was only for 360 and the computer

anyways my question is, i started an account on my ps2 if i bought the ultimate collection for the computer (i now have a better one) can I play my existing account on my computer instead of my PS2 from now on?
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

Re: Cross-system playability

For what I know, good luck getting the account back in general without, previous address, previous credit card and maybe some other info. Also I'm not sure if that account would even be allowed to get it back.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Lady Succubus Cross-system playability Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

From my experiences, PlayOnline keeps your info, and you can use your account with the 360 or PC. You just have to remember your login information. That is, if you kept your account and only disabled the Content IDs.

If you removed your account, you'll have to make it all over again.

Oh, the problem isn't getting my account back I already did that

the question reworded is: If I made my FFXI account on the playstation do I have to play it on the playstation from now on if I want to keep my characters?

If not i'll be relieved and buy the game for the computer since playing on playstation is a pain

EDIT: Thanks for the quick replies btw
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

Che

I don't see a reason you couldn't play your old characters on your PC now. All it is is login information. Also, I'm pretty sure I had a few friends who had both ps2 (for playing ffxi from bed) and pc version and used the same account for both.

The Quiet One Cross-system playability Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes you're able to play your account from anywhere that the game is installed. I had a PC and PS2 versions that I played with two accounts. Eventually dropped the PC version and played only on the PS2, but with both accounts for a while longer. As long as you have the Playonline ID and password you can login to your account from anywhere you want.

I thought that they made an Ultimate Collection for the PS2, maybe it is available online or something. If you have a PS3 I read that they will be making FFXI available over the PSN. But that's probably a little ways away still.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner