Thread: Supernatural

Lullaby_Singer_Cali

Supernatural

So I bought the first and second box sets back in 2008. I liked it back then but didn't really get into it until I deployed in the fall. Seasons 1 and 2 and 3 were one point but when I got to Season 4 it kinda fizzled out for me.

Season 1 was good because it painted a pretty good picture of Sam and Dean's loyalty and love for their dad with a few moments of Sam's stubbornness thrown in. Dean is the total while Sam is the brainy one who finds the info they need to get a hunt done. They travel to all kinds of places and face all kinds of different creatures. I'm a total sucker for that kind of stuff I guess. Despite the fact that they r so different, Sam and Dean are pretty close. The sense of family loyalty is just so strong. Season 1 is mostly laced with Sam's impatient to get revenge on whatever killed Jess. Dean is painted as the loyal, good-soldier type of son. They are really different and just like every other siblings (minus the hunting supernatural evil i mean). Dean gets into trouble in Season 1 b/c of a shapeshifter and that makes things a lil harder for them.

Season 2 letcha in on the demon that killed their mom, Sam opened up to a girl again after losing Jess, and ya get a better idea of just how deep the Winchester loyalty goes. I mean John sells his soul to give Dean back his life for crying out loud. This season also lets watchers get a peek at what the Yellow-Eyed Demon had in store for Sam and the other psychic kids. Dean and Sam face some more trouble with the cops in season two. They r locking in a bank b/c a security guard is so set on finding the 'man-droid'. Special Agent Hendrickson comes into play and he's just hardcore. Lol! He gives the boys a hard time during this season. They get into a little more trouble b/c they go into a county jail to help out their dad's friend Deacon. Yellow-Eyes gets ganked in this season and an army of demons is let loose on the world. At the end of it you get yet another look at the Winchester loyalty when Dean makes a deal with the cross-roads demon to bring Sam back.

Season 3 is pretty much all about Sam trying to find a way to get Dean out of the cross-roads' deal. You get a good look at Dean too. I mean you get to see that everything he does (the nonchalant way he is) is a cover up to hide his fear of being alone. Underneath it all, Dean is a total softy. Lol! There's even a Christmas episode that gives ya a view of their childhood and where dean gets the necklace he always wears. ^_^ Ruby (a demon) comes into play and she's all about helping sam defeat Lilith. She even gets the Colt fixed. There's also Bella (a seller of occult objects) who steals a few things from Sam and Dean. She's also responsible for Gordon finding them in exchange for a Mojo Bag. Lilith is the demon who's trying to get rid of Sam and she's just an all-around bad b**ch. She poses as a lil kid, a warped little girl actually. Hendrickson ends up getting slaughtered by Lilith. Eventually Dean's year comes to an end and they decide to spend that last night hunting Lilith. They come toe-to-toe with her eventually and all that really happens is that Ruby gets sent out of the body she’s in and Dean gets pulled into hell by the Hellhounds.

Season 4 is when Dean gets pulled outta Hell by an angel named Castiel. The entire season is just about how Dean is torn up by torturing ppl in hell, Sam gaining some pretty bomb powers b/c he’s drinking demon blood, and Lilith working to race Lucifer. The end of this season has Ruby turning out to be a total traitor and Lilith raises Lucifer.

I know I missed stuff but it’s okay. I’m really hoping Season 5 is better than Season 4 was. Anyone else watch this show?? What did ya think of the four seasons??

Death Before Dishonor Supernatural Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Supernatural

I watch this show every Thursday. Season 5 just now ended. There is only one season left, so hopefully it'll be a good one.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Rune Knight Supernatural Trodorne's Avatar

Wow. season 5... left me with alot of WAAAAA! and OMG! and WTF!. but it was a good season but the ending of the season had me asking a question of how or what will be the story for the season. like will Dean still be a hunter. and will we see castiel again? and why did they kill odin.... he is my favorite god.

My fav show on TV at the moment, watched it all and itching to watch them all again.. So many great episodes and great humor throughout, i cant recall any stinkers what so ever.. but i am a sucker for the supernatural

SPOILER!!:
    Kripke is finished with his story of the winchesters, i put my bottom dollar on it getting renewed for a 6th season though, lets just hope they dont whore it and make a total cash cow out of it. Not really a spoiler i know but me mentioning it will get renewed could ruin the story for some

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    Kripke is finished with his story of the winchesters, i put my bottom dollar on it getting renewed for a 6th season though,
    They have already filmed season 6. They are waiting til fall like they normally do to air the new season. So 6 is already official.
    Last edited by Josh_R; 05-17-2010 at 02:02 PM.

Registered User Supernatural winterborn86's Avatar

Season 5 is about half way through in the UK, but I've already watched it all, it was AWESOME!!!!
    Gimmie sam and dean winchester any day of the week

I read that season 6 may be the final season, it depends on the ratings.
    Last edited by winterborn86; 05-17-2010 at 02:23 PM.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by winterborn86 View Post
    I read that season 6 may be the final season, it depends on the ratings.
    I read that it is in fact the final season for now. But like you said if the ratings are good then they will add on. I don't see why ratings wouldn't be up, its one of the most popular shows on television.