Thread: X-Play

Blog Entries

X-Play

Hey seeing this as a video game forum I would think its crazy for there to be no one who watches X-Play. I love the show and have been watching it since G-4 was TechTV and it was called Extended Play.

But yeah I like the show and absolutly love Adam Sesler's sence of humor, Hes the man!

I want to play a game. X-Play Zargabaath's Avatar
    While I find a minority of the shows on G4 to be entertaining, their video game segments are sub-par for my standards. Their reviews are horrible being the reasoning behind why they grade is totally geared toward the American gamer who loves Action Action Action and not on the game itself. Also their coverage of E3 is horrendous, every minute they go to commercial break, quite literally. Maybe two minutes of coverage then commercial, I have watched both times they covered it 07 and 08. The ticker on the bottom of the show of X-Play may be the best part of the show for it is the most informative.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Registered User X-Play
    I used to watch X-Play everyday, but not anymore. I do love Adam Sessler, and I go to the website to see his Sessler's Soapbox, but that's about it.

It just isn't as good as it used to be. I remember when X-play had all the great and zany characters (Drunk Link, Ratty, the Interns) and really humorous skits. I just don't like the new flashy set-up. I was more of a fan when it looked like the show was filmed in someone's basement.

Like I said, I haven't seen any episodes in a while, so maybe some of the old flair has been brought back. But I wouldn't know because I stopped watching it.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Freezing Ring! X-Play Darkdragoon's Avatar
    I hate it know, because my brother said they kicked morgan out!!!
    Last edited by Darkdragoon; 08-10-2009 at 12:57 AM.

JillXWesker & MeruXDart FTW!

Blog Entries
    It used to be very funny and was worth it just to see a working sense of humor in action. Now...it's slightly funny and doesn't seem to be worth my time. I never really watched it for the sake of the reviews. To see some actual gametime of some games, but not the reviews. This: "You-don't-have-an-opinion, so use our's" shit is for the birds.

I do like to see Adam at the E3 convention each year. He's still funny. But, to be honest, I can't be bothered to watch the show anymore.

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

Master of the Shadow Key X-Play KeybladerXIII's Avatar
    It was hilarious before, when they were in the studio with the giant television ball and the animated intro, but ever since they moved into that new studio I find it....lacking. The sow used to be all about reviews of all different types of games, but now they do previews and interviews and that "Mr. Sark" thing which would be all fine if they had that same spirit and liveliness as before.
    "Take a chance.....roll the dice.......pick a card....whatever suits your game.....you'll lose either way...."

Organization XIII in a nutshell, in their most core personality:

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20..._blablachn.jpg