Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: WWE Wrestling

persona user WWE Wrestling foster kid's Avatar
    if taker is gonna retire soon i think they need to leave the streak alone,because that is one of the reasons that sets him apart from all the other wrestlers in this industry.

when shawn and taker actually does retire how long do you all think it will be before they are inducted into the hall of fame?

The fighting rages on and on, to challange me you must be strong

Proud Member of METAL MILITA....join me and we will rule the world....or at least tff

Rufus Shinra WWE Wrestling Rufus shinra's Avatar
    The reason why i think JBL will beat rey mysterio is because i think he will Retire with the IC championship
    President Rufus Shinra
    Celebrity Big brother: Coolio 3rd!!! Result
    My Top 5 Final Fantasy Characters: Cloud Tifa Locke Irvine Rikku
    currently playing: Lost odyssey
    Xbox 360 gamertag: Andyarteta

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 WWE Wrestling T.G. Oskar's Avatar
    First and foremost, it's pretty difficult to end such a gimmick as undefeated in Wrestlemania. It would be a tough decision, but it would leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth if such gimmick is suddenly finished. If it does get finished, it won't be by DiBiase Jr. I'll explain why.

From what I've heard and seen around (which isn't entirely credible, but at least makes a lot of sense), Taker's last match is meant to be in a Wrestlemania, and against a wrestler that could really offer a chance to give a good match. Right now, the Taker/HBK match follows all those parameters; hence, a good position for a surprise would be Taker announcing retirement in the midst of 'Mania 25. If he decides to take ONE more year, his shot for best retirement match ever will be crippled. There's very few stars that would give Taker the match he deserves to end his career. Michaels is one of them, but a rematch for next year seems flawed. From the remaining people, you'd either need Kane getting the mother of all promotions to give Taker one last match (because of all the baggage and stuff), make it a sort of Gauntlet match with as many of his 'Mania opponents as he can (imagine: a 10-17 vs. 1 match as a "return of all the phantoms of the past"), or a match between Taker and his logical successor. Boogeyman isn't there anymore, Kane is a jobber that will probably be dismissed before Taker retires, and there isn't a "dark" wrestler gimmick around, unless all of a sudden a young new star decides to continue the gimmick.

A Cena/Taker or HHH/Taker match would be like an insult. Worse if any of them actually makes him lose his streak; Taker much like Michaels can run any match by itself and make it spectacular, but the real skill of both of them would be pretty much well shown. Aside from that, few wrestlers now and then would give a really good match (the closest exception would be a Jeff/Taker match, given that Jeff keeps his moody gimmick)

Second, once they retire, they'll be inducted after five years. Unless there's a very specific exception (such as Ric Flair's induction), they'll be inducted after a while.

And third, DiBiase Jr. has to prove himself he's a wrestler beyond a gimmick to truly deserve to be the opponent in Taker's retirement match. Right now, aside from his spot at Legacy, he hasn't shone by his own light; rather, you could say he's doing PR work for Orton. In a sense, he's like Morrison; a really good wrestler that hasn't gotten the chance to shine alone. The main difference is that Morrison is almost past his due to strike it alone (one of the reasons why I desire the Colons to win; so that the Miz/Morrison pair disbands, Miz fades into oblivion while Morrison becomes a heel main-eventer) Give it two or three years, and let DiBiase Jr. polish his skills a bit; maybe a bit more of mic time, and he'll be main-eventer in no time at all. Before that, he's not material to retire Taker. Michaels is right now the best material to retire Taker, hands down, because he's an established legend on his own.
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

I invented Go-Gurt. WWE Wrestling Clint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    First and foremost, it's pretty difficult to end such a gimmick as undefeated in Wrestlemania. It would be a tough decision, but it would leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth if such gimmick is suddenly finished.
    I don't think it's the WWE's decision whether the undefeated Wrestlemania streak is to be ended. There have been multiple occasions where Undertaker has come up to his opponent weeks before the event and offered to lose. He did it when he faced Ric Flair, and both times when he faced Kane. If Undertaker ever loses at Wrestlemania, it will be his decision to lose the match, and who he loses it to.

Boogeyman isn't there anymore, Kane is a jobber that will probably be dismissed before Taker retires, and there isn't a "dark" wrestler gimmick around, unless all of a sudden a young new star decides to continue the gimmick.
    The real question here is, why would anybody ever consider taking the Boogeyman as a serious wrestler?

A Cena/Taker or HHH/Taker match would be like an insult. Worse if any of them actually makes him lose his streak; Taker much like Michaels can run any match by itself and make it spectacular, but the real skill of both of them would be pretty much well shown. Aside from that, few wrestlers now and then would give a really good match (the closest exception would be a Jeff/Taker match, given that Jeff keeps his moody gimmick)
    Undertaker already beat Triple H at Wrestlemania XVII, and it was actually a really good match. I think Undertaker even offered Triple H the opportunity to end his undefeated streak, but Triple H refused. Shawn Michaels always puts on a good show, but there's one person that you're forgetting that Undertaker still hasn't faced at Wrestlemania, and that could be a possible opponent for next year, if Undertaker still hasn't retired by then; Chris Jericho. The guy is just as good, if not better, than Shawn Michaels.

Give it two or three years, and let DiBiase Jr. polish his skills a bit; maybe a bit more of mic time, and he'll be main-eventer in no time at all.
    They've given Randy Orton more than five years to "polish his skills," and even though he's now a main-eventer, that doesn't disregard the fact that he absolutely sucks. It just goes to show that you don't have to be a good wrestler to make it in the business. Just look at guys like Hulk Hogan or the Ultimate Warrior. They sucked, and yet, they headlined Wrestlemania VI together. Go figure.
    Last edited by Clint; 04-01-2009 at 12:16 PM.

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 WWE Wrestling T.G. Oskar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Egon Spengler View Post
    I don't think it's the WWE's decision whether the undefeated Wrestlemania streak is to be ended. There have been multiple occasions where Undertaker has come up to his opponent weeks before the event and offered to lose. He did it when he faced Ric Flair, and both times when he faced Kane. If Undertaker ever loses at Wrestlemania, it will be his decision to lose the match, and who he loses it to.
    Yeah, and Taker realizes that what made him famous is the fans. And the fans certainly love the streak going. I don't think he'll purposedly lose one of his most famous stints (aside from the Ministry). He'll get out victorious.

The real question here is, why would anybody ever consider taking the Boogeyman as a serious wrestler?
    Perhaps. Though I had a really good hope he'd be something like Faarooq. Dominating. But his feuds with Finlay pretty much killed the gimmick. The reason I posted the idea was because aside from Kane, he was the only "dark" wrestler around. Unless for some reason another of those "dark" wrestlers *coughcoughAbysscoughcough* appear. It's for the sake of argument.

Undertaker already beat Triple H at Wrestlemania XVII, and it was actually a really good match. I think Undertaker even offered Triple H the opportunity to end his undefeated streak, but Triple H refused. Shawn Michaels always puts on a good show, but there's one person that you're forgetting that Undertaker still hasn't faced at Wrestlemania, and that could be a possible opponent for next year, if Undertaker still hasn't retired by then; Chris Jericho. The guy is just as good, if not better, than Shawn Michaels.
    That battle was around 8 years ago, and that was when HHH was quite convincing. Compare to HHH nowadays, who's winning championships because he's the son-in-law of Vince, and has waived credibility. I can't say HHH is a bad wrestler, but he has decayed from his moment at Evolution. Plus, he's not a good face; he's better as a heel.

I concur with Jericho, though, if it weren't for one point; his current angle sucks. That can be fixed, though. But between Jericho and Michaels, the latter has more relevance than the former as Taker's last match.

They've given Randy Orton more than five years to "polish his skills," and even though he's now a main-eventer, that doesn't disregard the fact that he absolutely sucks. It just goes to show that you don't have to be a good wrestler to make it in the business. Just look at guys like Hulk Hogan or the Ultimate Warrior. They sucked, and yet, they headlined Wrestlemania VI together. Go figure.
    Bolded your statement just because you don't have to quote Hogan or Warrior for that. John Dinner is doing the same thing, over, and over, and over again. But that doesn't take the point that DiBiase Jr. isn't ready to make that step. Though, if his mic skills improve by the year, he'll be set for a championship instead of being Taker's last match.

Orton's redeeming point isn't his RKO, it's the rest of the repertoire aside from the fact he's a despicable heel, a good example of a good heel gimmick. Seriously, could you see Orton as a babyface? Very rarely; he's like Edge on that regard. Plus, focus on his combination between locks and slams (though it's pretty standard, it's effective for his body shape) plus his reversals. A good wrestler knows how to make effective evasions or reversals to moves, and at least he makes convincing finishing move evasions; a reason why the RKO is pretty effective for him, since it's mostly devised as a reversal move than a finishing move. Lame when you see it as a finisher, but it looks convincing enough when he goes from reversal to RKO in seconds flat.
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み WWE Wrestling ZantetsukeN's Avatar
    Actually, Jericho never really crossed my mind. I can't remember whether Taker and Jericho have ever wrestled one on one before. Jericho could become a much more serious character before next Mania, so I hope, if anyone, Jericho beats the streak. I will cry if it is John Cena. They always use him to end streaks. Just look at Muhammad Hassan in 2005, and Umaga in 2007. Actually, come to think of it, Umaga could be a good choice to end the streak, or at least fued with Taker over the next year.

before the wrestlemainia with cena vs orton vs hhh .....cena was undefeated at wrestlemainia

Proud Member of METAL MILITA....join me and we will rule the world....or at least tff

It's the Jecht Shot, Babey! WWE Wrestling LaCkyy's Avatar
    Did anybody watch the WrestleMania Press conferance?
    Pretty sweet
    Favourite FF Characters - Tidus, Wakka, Red.
    Favourite FF Game : FFX

TIDUS EX ZANARKAND ABES!
    Tidus 'Captain of the Besaid Aurochs'!

Wakka

10 Years of Blitzball
    2 Wins
    1 Trophy

XboxLive: Tidus Spira - Add me if you want

Tidus - "Don't break any bones, old man!"

no and i won't get to see the hall of fame either.....not cause of prom wich i not goin ....but cause i actually am scheduled to work......so i gonna miss 2 hall of fames that night.

oh..unlucky, you watching replay them yh?

TIDUS EX ZANARKAND ABES!

Wakka

10 Years of Blitzball
    2 Wins
    1 Trophy

hopefully i can...........i wonder if there will any surprises at the hall or fame and wrestlemainia

Quote Originally Posted by foster kid View Post
    hopefully i can...........i wonder if there will any surprises at the hall or fame and wrestlemainia
    I know...I hope there is- always like a suprise

TIDUS EX ZANARKAND ABES!

Wakka

10 Years of Blitzball
    2 Wins
    1 Trophy

i only like good surprises lol

i had a dream the other night that at the draft lottery cena got drafted to smackdown and edge left vicky and teamed up with cena and became tag champs...... stange i know lol

does any one remember jeff hardy vs undertaker for undisputed championship in a ladder match?

Edge would never team up with cena

So that will remain a Dream i think LOL

I remember Jeff v undertaker that was one undertaker was heel
    President Rufus Shinra

that i think was one takers and one of jeffs matches yet

Wrestlemania Tomorrow - Can't wait xD Just been watching HHH vs Randy Orton Promo's on Youtube - sad i know but.. lol, Stone cold Hall of fame- that's going to be good.

TIDUS EX ZANARKAND ABES!

Wakka

10 Years of Blitzball
    2 Wins
    1 Trophy

Hopefully i can get a good stream for it

I'll post the stream here just incase anyone needs it
    President Rufus Shinra

Yep, that will help lots of people, i've payed to watch it, i didn't think about a stream lol. £14.50 i payed, or something like that.

But yes, i know my brother hasn't payed so he'll need a stream.

TIDUS EX ZANARKAND ABES!

Wakka

10 Years of Blitzball
    2 Wins
    1 Trophy

honestly i think hardy vs hardy has the potential to steal the show, because they are brothers after all and they do know eachother really well, so they know how far the other one can go and how much pain they can withstand . so tommorow night is gonna be goood.....to bad i won't be able to see it......... but if the hardy match does end up stealing the show ...i uh well told you so lol
    Last edited by foster kid; 04-05-2009 at 02:10 PM.

is'it just me or does anybody else think that HHH- could be possibly drafter to raw? just a thought?

TIDUS EX ZANARKAND ABES!

Wakka

10 Years of Blitzball
    2 Wins
    1 Trophy

wrestle-home

Found this stream that will be showing wrestlemania tonight
    President Rufus Shinra

i just got to watch the hall of fame and it was awesome lol..... i can't beleive austin almost cyed lol he choked up like 2 times and you could tell his eyes were starting to well up lol..... this was awesome and strange at the same time......at the end of the show austin gave a beer to one person........JOHN CENA!......... what is that lol ....... why cena?

Good one for finding stream my bro is well happy now lol cant believe it wrestlemania tonight

TIDUS EX ZANARKAND ABES!

Wakka

10 Years of Blitzball
    2 Wins
    1 Trophy

what time will it start streaming though?

proberly only a few minutes before wrestlamania is under way!

TIDUS EX ZANARKAND ABES!

Wakka

10 Years of Blitzball
    2 Wins
    1 Trophy

Wasnt wrestlemania amazing last night i loved it . Cant believe JBL QUIT! HHH won orton, undertakers streak is still alive. New world heavyweight champ. New intercontinal champ. Carlito and primo won. Not forgetting the legends and santina lol. All that in one night it was amazing utterly brilliant.

TIDUS EX ZANARKAND ABES!

Wakka

10 Years of Blitzball
    2 Wins
    1 Trophy

i didn't get to see it last night...sucks for me i know......but i went to wwe.com and seen the results......what the hell? how did matt beat jeff? that match result makes me so mad......i think its awesome that rey rey made jbl quit ....again! santino miss wrestlemainia? that is wrong on so many levels kind of crap is that lol.......hahahahah 17-0 enough said.....the champ is ......back! thats sweet....triple h still champ wich i think everyone knew was gonna happen....primo and carlito the new wwe unified tag champs? wow i did not see that coming but good for them. not gonna even comment about y2j.......punk does it again....well good for mr. hardcore strait edge..... sooooooooo hmmm whats next for the wwe.....batista has got to come back and fued with cena.....jeff has really got to get revenge ......orton fired maybe?...yeah he gets fired and then goes to tna and surprises everyone at there ppv that would be funny.

Lol, i cant wait for the draft now. Its on 13th april, for all that didnt know. I think Cena will be drafted to smackdown and take the World heavyweight championship with him. Whilst hhh will be drafted to raw. . Then will feud with orton and legacy. Maybe stephanie Mcmahon will become general manager? What suggestions do you guys have?

TIDUS EX ZANARKAND ABES!

Wakka

10 Years of Blitzball
    2 Wins
    1 Trophy

I invented Go-Gurt. WWE Wrestling Clint's Avatar
    how did matt beat jeff? that match result makes me so mad......
    Think about it this way, Matt and Jeff, being brothers and having nearly exact background training in the business of professional wrestling, are pretty much equals when it comes to in-ring ability. The only problem is, Jeff is more over with the crowd, so much so that he's won a world title, whereas, Matt has yet to win one. So, in order to be fair to the brothers, Jeff wins the WWE title, and Matt beats Jeff at Wrestlemania.

i think its awesome that rey rey made jbl quit ....again!
    See, I don't agree. JBL, although he's not the best wrestler, is very charismatic, much more than Rey Mysterio. I mean, sure, Rey has the hearts of nearly every child who watches professional wrestling, but JBL ultimately gets a bigger reaction from the audience.

the champ is ......back! thats sweet....
    There's a problem with this statement, John Cena is always winning a world championship. Three years ago, he had the WWE championship for nearly the entire year. The same thing goes for 2007, as well. If they put a title on a guy like Cena and then make him win every match for two years straight, then once it's off of him, he shouldn't be champion for at least three years after that, in order to make sure the audience doesn't get sick of him. That's probably the reason why I'm sick of Triple H, because he just refuses to lose.

triple h still champ wich i think everyone knew was gonna happen....
    Well of course. Nobody expects Triple H to lose, no matter how washed up the bastard is.

not gonna even comment about y2j.......
    And that's because Jericho's so awesome that no words can fathom how you feel about him.

batista has got to come back and fued with cena.....
    Ah, yes. Another Batista v. John Cena feud to cure my chronic insomnia.

jeff has really got to get revenge ......
    Jeff tried to get revenge already, and he failed, so he should just leave Matt alone and allow him to win one of the world heavyweight titles. Of course, then he could take his revenge in an attempt to beat Matt for the world title. That's the kind of stuff that Edge would do, at least.

Nice post above. Good range of points discussed i like it! How do we know though that hhh refuses to lose? The storyline creaters choose whether or not he wins it doesnt have anything to do with him does it?

TIDUS EX ZANARKAND ABES!

Wakka

10 Years of Blitzball
    2 Wins
    1 Trophy

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast