View Poll Results: Which movie is the worst movie based on games?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alone in the Dark

0 0%
  • Anderson's Resident Evil series

3 12.00%
  • Bloodrayne

3 12.00%
  • DOA: Dead or Alive

0 0%
  • Doom

2 8.00%
  • Double Dragon

1 4.00%
  • Street Fighter

3 12.00%
  • Street Fighter: Legend of Chun Li

0 0%
  • Super Mario Bros

7 28.00%
  • All of them

6 24.00%

Thread: Worst Movies based on Games

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Worst Movies based on Games Xanatos's Avatar

Worst Movies based on Games

I'm guessing that neither one of you is pleased to see these movies on the list but they're here to serve only one purpose, for bashing. Some of you might be asking why isn't there more of Uwe Boll movies, I think that two will be quite enough and I don't wont this list to go on and on...

Anyways, I think that tittle of this thread say's it all, so which movie would be the worst movie based on games?

For some of you it might be hard to chose just one movie from this grotesque list but not really for me, Anderson's Resident Evil is by far the worst movie in my opinion. And I say Anderson's because it's his Resident Evil, the one that doesn't have anything to do with the games. Few poorly done characters, the tittle and few locations is the only thing that share both the movie and the game.

I haven't said poorly done characters for no reason, those who do appear in both media are often completely different for the sole purpose of the movie. The story, one of the strongest part in Resident Evil series is changed to nonrecognition just to fit Anderson's vision of Resident Evil. I was baffled to see how much do they actually have in common, these movies could go easily without the Resident Evil tittle.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Death Before Dishonor Worst Movies based on Games Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Worst Movies based on Games

For me it was the Super Mario Bros. It was very disappointing. I love the game series, and to see this god awful movie was just upsetting...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Registered User Worst Movies based on Games

The only movies based on a video game that I've seen was the Super Mario Brothers Movie, both of the Mortal Kombat movies, and all the Resident Evil ones.

I was really young when I saw the Mario movie, and even then I was disappointed with it. It didn't look anything like I thought it was going to look and I was confused why Yoshi didn't have a saddle and sport a pair of red shoes.

As for the Mortal Kombat movies, I thought the first one was actually pretty decent when I first saw it, and I still think it's alright. The second one fails though.

The first Resident Evil movie isn't bad, if you don't think of it as having anything to do with any of the games. I just think of it as some sort of alternate universe type of thing. The other two are terrible though.

I guess I'll have to go with the Resident Evil franchise though. Isn't there another one in the works? It just won't stop! Even the CG movie (Degeneration) was pretty awful.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Whoever the hell thinks The Super Mario Bros. movie was awful needs to leave now.

I haven't seen many movies based on video games. The first Street Fighter was pretty corny.

The first Mortal Kombat was decent.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries

Haha, my friend still has his Sega Saturn and a copy of Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game. I think that is what it is literally called lol.

DOOM was pretty shitty movie, and it defiinitely led Dwayne Johnson down the path of shitty movie failures for the rest of his movie career so far.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Sir Prize Worst Movies based on Games Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The first Street Fighter was one of the single funniest movies I've seen in my life. So it's safe, imo. Resident Evil could be enjoyed by me because I never was a big fan of the game series(or played them) and I love zombie/monster movies. Doom was a really bad movie, but it's still safe for two reasons. One...there was a much more awful movie. Two...The PoV scene at the end made the hairs on my neck stand up. Super Mario Bros. really deserves my vote here. I love Bob Hoskins, John Leguizamo, Lance Henrikson and Dennis Hopper, but that movie is terrible. I will watch it now only in morbid fascination.

The worst game movie imho? Bloodrayne. Why? Because I was a fan of the game series. They used prostitutes to act just to save on budgit... Granted prostitutes probably can act better than some actors. But still, that's such a Uwe Boll move. They did throw in a nice topless sex scene, but not even that can atone for befouling the memory of one of my favorite games.

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

I invented Go-Gurt. Worst Movies based on Games Clint's Avatar

I voted Street Fighter, not because I thought it was necessarily a bad movie (even though it was,) but because it was Raul Julia's final movie before he died. He was a really good actor, and it's a damn shame that his final movie had to be that goofy ass thing.

All of the other movies on that list I haven't seen, and the ones I have seen, I haven't played any of the video games, so I cannot possibly have a justifiable opinion of them.

And how dare anybody vote for Doom? The Rock says "know your role, and shut your mouth," if you just so happen to smell what he is cooking. No one puts the most electrifying man in sports entertainment in a corner. No one.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Worst Movies based on Games Xanatos's Avatar

The only movie I haven't seen from this list is Super Mario Bros but I've heard it's goddamn awful so it's gonna stay that way. The first Street Fighter movie was fun to watch, but then again I was just a kid and huge Street Fighter fan when I watched it. I had high expectations from Legend of Chun Li, probably to high and that's the main reason for my huge disappointment. When I look at it now the story is actually good but the cast was a total miss.

Doom wasn't that bad, but I'll never understand why Andrzej Bartkowiak didn't use the story from the game, as Doom always had a simple story. I haven't played Dead or Alive that much so the movie wasn't that bad, it was cheesy but watchable. I don't have intention to comment Bloodrayne and Alone in the Dark, it would be meaningless to waste my words on Uwe Boll.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Worst Movies based on Games Polk's Avatar

I liked the first RE movie.

I'm going to go off the list, though, and say Hitman was the worst I've ever seen. Not even nude Olga Kurylenko could save that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    I don't have intention to comment Bloodrayne and Alone in the Dark, it would be meaningless to waste my words on Uwe Boll.
    Uwe Boll films are fun because they're so god damn bad that they're funny. I saw Alone in the Dark with some friends, and we may or may not have been intoxicated while doing so. Either way, Tara Reid as an archaeologist is always funny.

House of the Dead is great, too.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Registered User Worst Movies based on Games WilsonDean1990's Avatar

Super Mario Movie = FAIL

Absolutely Ridiculous
    Last edited by WilsonDean1990; 03-12-2010 at 03:59 AM.

TheDigitalManga Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigitalManga
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/hAID_tCqznY
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../1/_SGnj0AI5WI
    Bakuman Episode 1 Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/szpHqaSscC4

I Think You Anime/Manga Fans would really like it!!

Shake it like a polaroid picture Worst Movies based on Games RagnaToad's Avatar

The only game-to-movie movie I've seen is the first Tombraider I think.

I liked it when I saw it as a 13 year old. It's a decent action movie, no less, no more.

Angelina was hot.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

I voted all of them, because I would rather not see games made into real movies, except for Mortal Kombat that was the shiz and Street fighter I didn't mind as much because the ones I saw were animated. The real life movies of games turn me off for some reason. Like, if they decided to make an FF into a real life-looking movie it would be just silly.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder View Post
    Like, if they decided to make an FF into a real life-looking movie it would be just silly.
    But Tifa has such great boobs...

Quote Originally Posted by RagnaToad View Post
    But Tifa has such great boobs...
    What actor do you have in mind, that has boobs that big and fit to be Tifa? who ever it is would have to have like size (M) it exist
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 03-13-2010 at 01:19 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder View Post
    What actor do you have in mind, that has boobs that big and fit to be Tifa? who ever it is would have to have like size (M) it exist
    I think Rachel McAdams should play Tifa, but that's just because I think she's hot.

I can't think of anyone who would make a good Tifa. Maybe Angelina Jolie, since we've seen her in an action role already, but that would make it a little cliché.

And those are definitely not size M. Size M sounds ****ing gross, and I highly doubt they come naturally, if they exist at all.

I think Tifa has E, F max.

I like how this thread has turned into something so much more interesting.

Memento Rhapso Worst Movies based on Games Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RagnaToad View Post
    I think Rachel McAdams should play Tifa, but that's just because I think she's hot.

I can't think of anyone who would make a good Tifa. Maybe Angelina Jolie, since we've seen her in an action role already, but that would make it a little cliché.

And those are definitely not size M. Size M sounds ****ing gross, and I highly doubt they come naturally, if they exist at all.

I think Tifa has E, F max.

I like how this thread has turned into something so much more interesting.
    I agree! lol I'm sure they can just fake the breast size though, hire an on set plastic surgeon or something
    Anyway, I hate hate hate hate hate Anderson's Resident Evils. Also, I thought the dialogue was corny enough UNTIL I saw TBS's airing
    "Motivator please!"
    "You son of a -JEEEEERRRRRRRRRKKKKK-!"
    *shudders*
    If they so much as think about slandering RE4 I'm gonna go postal lol
    Last edited by Rhaps; 04-14-2010 at 03:22 PM.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Entropic Adversary Worst Movies based on Games Leonknight's Avatar

Suoer marios bros by far. It was god awful, like just pure horrible that i can't even put into words. Some liked it but i just wanted to puke all over from the horror of it ><
    "Embrace the Stillness of Eternity"

Antidrall

Alone in the Dark. Shitacular casting, special effects stolen from a 12th grade computers class (MINE!!!!!!), bottomless plotholes, direction so bad he'd get lost in downtown Vancouver trying to find a starbucks (considering the fact that he films there, i wouldn't be surprised), throwing out an originally decent script written very similar to the original game, and having literally nothing to do with the game it was based on...LITERALLY MOTHER****ING NOTHING.

Registered User Worst Movies based on Games Rebekah's Avatar

I actually liked Super Mario Bros. I was 4 when I saw it and thought Mario and Luigi's relationship together was so funny. And I saw DOOM with my dad when I went to see him and it was kind of OK. I think Street Fighter was bad though. I never even saw the whole thing.

Registered User Worst Movies based on Games

My wife and I both thought Boodrayne was pretty bad.

i read an article that Uwe Boll (guy who directs all the really bad games adaptations) is sueing a P2P site and the people for downloading his film version of Far Cry.
    one question that went in my mind is that why download it in the first place.

its sad really that hollywood havnt learn that if you stick to the basic premises of stories for games to film adaptations you cant go too wrong.
    2 examples that have been the successful is Tomb Raider and Mortal Kombat