Thread: Tron Legacy

Blog Entries

Tron Legacy

I swear to God there was a tron thread but after searching like 3+ pages I can't find it lol.

But yeah, this movie looks super sick, it's supposed to be a sequel I think to the original tron, this time the main character's son goes into the crazy virtual world, the same one that his dad entered into over 20 years ago.

Not only do the trailers look sick, Daft ****ing Punk is going to be doing the music to this movie! ANDDD they're gonna be in it as well! Sounds like this is going to be like the RL version of Interstellar 5555, which sounds epic as all hell.

Here's new music from them/a movie trailer.

†SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Death Before Dishonor Tron Legacy Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Tron Legacy

I saw the trailer when I went and saw Jackass 3d, it looks as if it will be a pretty good movie. Can't wait to see it.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Registered User Tron Legacy

This is one of the movies I've been excited about seeing for a good while now, though I still need to watch the rest of the original. It used to air on G4 sometimes (and maybe it still does?), but I would always seem to tune in when it was almost over... Haha... Poor time management skills.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Tron Legacy ZantetsukeN's Avatar

It looks OK. I absolutely loved the original, and again this is a case where I am too attached to the original to warm to a remake/sequal. I will see this though, it does look stunning. And the music by Daft Punk sounds awesome!

I'll make you famous Tron Legacy Rydia Lover's Avatar

this is probably one of the very few movies that i actually want to see in 3d. as a fan of the original movie ive been waiting for this sequal a long time, and im glad they finally got it done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermetal
    But I think this girl is uber hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumour.Delirium
    You ARE my number one, Rydia Lover. <3
    current games playing:
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Assassins Creed Revolutions
    Saints Row: The Third
    Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3
    Fallout New Vegas

Blog Entries

So did any of you see it? I went and saw it last weekend with some friends. Actually was willing to go see it in 3D, too... probably wasn't worth it, though. Just see it in 2D.

That said, the movie was a lot of fun. Jeff Bridges talked and acted like the Dude, even somewhat as Clue. And a lot of people online have complained about how the young Kevin Flynn/Clue looked, but I didn't think it looked that bad at all. The only time it really stood out to me was when they did a super close up of Clue's face. But yeah; the whole thing felt like a trip back to the 80's: the music, the visuals, the way the characters dressed. There was even a character that reminded me of David Bowie.

Looking back, there were some plotholes, but I've heard this was written by a couple of the writers who did Lost, so that makes sense, haha; lots of "science" that isn't explained. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom
    Last edited by Taco-Calamitous; 12-23-2010 at 07:06 PM. Reason: correction

I want to play a game. Tron Legacy Zargabaath's Avatar

Saw it with some friends. Gave it 3 stars out of 5. It could have used more of the games and more of the "Tron" spirit; perhaps it could have used more of sci-fi, show more of the world, the culture of the grid. Music was good.
    Spoiler:
    And I saw Rinzler being Tron right from the beginning. I would have liked to know what happened to Tron - besides turning back to Tron & sinking into the ocean. Tron 3?

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Saw it last night, story was a big pile of shit that made no sense nor did it seem like it made any effort to make any sense. Perhaps alot more was explained in the original?

The movie looked great and the soundtrack was savage, cant go wrong with Daft punk

But yeah the rest of the film was just a complete miss for me

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    Saw it last night, story was a big pile of shit that made no sense nor did it seem like it made any effort to make any sense. Perhaps alot more was explained in the original?

The movie looked great and the soundtrack was savage, cant go wrong with Daft punk

But yeah the rest of the film was just a complete miss for me
    The original wasn't that great of a story either. Basically just plays off the fact that most people in the 80s thought computers were crazy and you could somehow BE in one.

It had some epic moments, was decently visually awesome, but without Daft Punk I wouldn't have even cared tbh.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Death Before Dishonor Tron Legacy Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This movie for me was ehh. It was decent, but I was expecting so much more from it. Overall i would give it a 3.5 out 5. As mentioned above the music of Daft Punk made the movie, gotta love em'.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Imperium

I was excited before the film came, but after watching the film, I felt disappointed. But I shouldn't be surprised for one reason: the first Tron did not have a stellar story line, and its merits were based upon the lush, visual world, not acting, character depth, etc.

Tron: Legacy offers a beautiful world, Olivia Wilde, Jeff Bridges, and a wonderful score by Daft Punk. It's just not the type of movie I'd recommend to someone who is looking for a great story; it's a film to go out and have a carefree good time with.

Melodious Schemer Tron Legacy Final Hearts 69's Avatar

I have the movie....but I only watched once. It is a great movie...wasn't a good as the original though, but it was still a great film.
    "All I did was watch, I didn't even try to stop her...that was my sin and this...this is my punishment." -Vincent Valentine, FF7: Dirge of Cerberus-

Went to see it with friends. The movie was okay and my expectations for the 3D were kinda let down. There just wasn't enough 3D in it for me though everything else was good.
    "My soul, corrupted by vengeance, hath endured torment to find the end of the journey, in my own salvation and your eternal slumber."

Half-cat warrior Tron Legacy Xavier Thunderfoot's Avatar

I thought that it was cool. I also learned that my assumption that Rinzler was actually a corrupted Tron was correct.

___________ Tron Legacy Kyreaan's Avatar

I saw it not too long after it first came out. I kept thinking about the old Tron movie and game, as well as the show 'House'. The woman who played Cora, Olivia Wilde, was also in 'House' as the one on the team with a family history of Huntington's disease.

Spoiler:
    Personally, I really liked the character Gem, but they killed her off. She was considered "derezzed". The actress, Beau Garrett, was someone I've never seen before. I was like '$-;+! They could have done more with her'. The same guy who played Lucian in the Underworld movies, Michael Sheen, played Castor who liked to show a certain attention to Gem, but she wasn't having it. I didn't care at all when they decided to blow his werewolf balls to the hells.

I also really liked the VR gaming action, but the whole story seemed like it could have stretched longer than one movie. Some parts were a little cramped and looked like it was more about the action. When you finally get to see Tron himself survive, he could have kept the color, but I hope that's a sign of game not over. He also didn't need to dual wield identity disks. Really? All he ever needed was the fact he was faster than everyone else.

I hope they make another one. There's got to be something else they can try to pull off. I would also like to see more games in the series.

‘TRON 3′ Story Details From Joseph Kosinski | Screen Rant

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I would skip the part about it being a 100lb box set and consider the relative mass to converted energy for the staircase. The style I would first choose is to go for the Aeronaut legos and calculate relative time and distance to the axis points within the electromagnetic field that could cross over warping into a wormhole given enough density converted into energy by using the funnelled power of the sun. Enough power may be derived not from the sun, but from the mass of an artificial, contained black hole connected to a semi-quantum theorized single vacuum tube for energy wave processing. You cause youself to fold inward and then collapse in on itself, while rematerializing into another universe or within the same universe with the rest of your ship. Your reference points will be the nearby astrology of wherever you ended up, as well as the age of the nearby stars relative to your current star maps. Go ahead and give me a call or send me an email if I am considered for the position. Thanks. It was nice meeting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I am slapping this thread up for an update. There was a petition set up at Petition Spot for .hack//Link (PSP). It says it is needing 50,000 signers, but it looks like they are asking for only 100 right now. This is asking for either an English patch or an English release towards both NA and Europe regions. It is the last game of the entire series.

.hack//Link English Localization- Petition Spot

The first two series, for those of you who don't read or know, were 7 volumes total and all for PS2. There was also an 8th; it was called .hack//Fragment Offline. A lot of people didn't know that I bet. Has anyone read any .hack manga? If you don't plan on getting Link and instead prefer to read, I recommend at least trying out .hack//Link Manga- Read .hack//Link Manga Online for Free at Manga Fox. Let me know what you think.

Whistling Songbird Tron Legacy Asectic's Avatar

Personally the plot was predictable at the end, the father well... if you watched it you know what I mean. It could've been better

But the technology there and the CG was amazing. It makes me kinda wish I was living there, even if the time was at war and everything. I mean, who doesn't want to ride one of those motorcyle things? It'd be awsome

"Because I obviously haven't been on here for a while"
    - Said no one ever, 02/2020

>>>:

Oh hey there, thanks for opening! Here is a little section filled with my goodies here and there.

TIMELINE - Before 2019:

The Awesome Peeps (TFF Family):

Moogable
    Bleachfangirl
    Ekimeinna
    Treize
    Rocky
    Tiger Lily
    Unknown Entity
    FF Ace Cid-Silver
    Raider
    Secret Weapon