View Poll Results: Which character(s) is most Famous for having been played by Multiple different people

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Russ & Audrey (The kids in the Vacation Series)

0 0%
  • Jack Ryan - Baldwin, Ford, & Affleck

0 0%
  • James Bond - I think you're probably familiar with them

13 92.86%
  • Batman - West, Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney, Bale and probably others

1 7.14%
  • John Connor - Bale, Ed Furlong, Nick Stahl, and others

0 0%
  • Darth Vader - James Earl Jones, Hayden Christenson, Sebastian Shaw, the little boy, and others

0 0%

Thread: Character(s) Best known for having been played by multiple actors/actresses?

Registered User Character(s) Best known for having been played by multiple actors/actresses? Locke4God's Avatar

Character(s) Best known for having been played by multiple actors/actresses?

Now we're not asking for your favorite of these, but which of these is most commonly or most famously associated with having been played by multiple different people.

Please add your comments for which version of any charater was your favorite, or if you think having mulitiple actors either hurt or helped the roll. Or any other thoughts you have on the topic.

.............. Character(s) Best known for having been played by multiple actors/actresses? smurphy's Avatar
    I think James Bond is probably most famous as unlike the likes of Batman actors inherit the role and do a few movies where most Batman actors (Bale the exeption) only do one movie. Theres always huge hype about any new actor playing James Bond.

I think your list had one glaring omission. As any hardcore sci fi fan knows Doctor who is hugely associated with the actors filling the role. The transition of David Tennant to Matt Smith on new years day was a hugely watched event......In the UK anyway.

Registered User Character(s) Best known for having been played by multiple actors/actresses?
    From your list, I would say Batman. I don't think that having multiple characters hurt the role in any way, because Batman has been going on for a few decades and you have to get in some new blood so the franchise can continue. I did think it was a little odd that they got Val Kilmer in Batman Forever, but then in the next movie they went with George Clooney, but I wasn't bothered by that. I always assumed that they just couldn't get Kilmer back for the role. Also, those two movies had way bigger problems than using a different actor to play Batman.

I will say that the best VOICE for Batman would belong to Kevin Conroy, as he has done nearly all the voicework for all the Batman animated programs (I refuse to call them just mere "cartoons" ) that I have seen.

One thing: The little boy that you have under the Darth Vader pick never played Darth Vader. He played Anakin Skywalker, and his name was Jake Lloyd.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Registered User Character(s) Best known for having been played by multiple actors/actresses? Locke4God's Avatar
    Thanks Dodie, especially for the correction on young anny's name. I kinda bulk Anakin and Darth Vader together, so I included any actor to play that. They're the same right? I mean I know it's the same guy, but there is a divide in how they're perceived. It's interesting.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Character(s) Best known for having been played by multiple actors/actresses? ZantetsukeN's Avatar
    I'd say James Bond and Doctor Who as being the most famous for multiple actors playing the part. Both are always a big event when the next actor is confirmed.

Che
    I still can't believe George Clooney played a Batman. Val Kilmer is more believable, but still kinda wtf. My favorite is without a doubt Keaton.

I think James Bond is probably more popular. I have trouble deciding on my favorite. I liked Connery as he set the best example for the future actors. Roger Moore was great too, and of course my man Pierce. I liked Craig too, actually.

Dalton was terrible.

Also: wtf @ Locke getting away from pedo threads. I enjoyed those.

Stage Dives, High Fives. Character(s) Best known for having been played by multiple actors/actresses? Confession's Avatar
    I do not understand why Darth Vader is up there to be honest, I mean sure he was played by many people, but it was during different aspects of his life.
    And in my opinion Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader are infact 2 different people, same body, completely different though, when the Sidious gave him his darth name, he was no longer Anakin.

But the most famous has to be Bond, Bond or Bosely off Charlie's Angels.

Wu Tang Killa Bee's, We On The Storm.

Re: Character(s) Best known for having been played by multiple actors/actresses?

i like the latest actor of James Bond Mr. Craig!! He's a good actor of this character... has a great appeal huh??

Saved from wrath
    Romans 6:23