Thread: Inglourious Basterds

Fading into a dream Inglourious Basterds Dean Winchester's Avatar

Inglourious Basterds

Ok now that thats fixed, who's seen it? was it as good as they say it was?

I'm going next week

Sig and ave made by Violet, thanks again Violet!

Shake it like a polaroid picture Inglourious Basterds RagnaToad's Avatar
    I've been waiting for this one for a while, but with exams and all, there's a chance I might not see it in theaters.

I'm usually not a cinema guy. I like to wait a couple of weeks and rent a movie to watch it in my own living/bedroom. Cinema is way too fucking expensive over here.

But now that I've got a bunch of cinema tickets from the holidays (as in: Christmas time), I use them for movies I know I'll probably like. I want to see Public Enemies too, when I've got time.

I hope it's as good as I think it will be. I like Tarantino's movies and Reservoir Dogs is among my favourite movies ever (Cf. my top 10 in TFF's Movie Database). But Kill Bill sucked, and from what I've heard, Death Proof wasn't that good either.

But those movies were meant to be ironic and all.

Tarantino claims this one is his 'masterpiece' script. So we'll see...
    Last edited by RagnaToad; 08-20-2009 at 11:05 PM.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Che
    Death Proof was entertaining as hell. Maybe not a masterpiece, but that and Planet Terror were meant to be B rate movies. Planet Terror was only good for the last line in the movie, imo. Cracked me the **** up.

I loved Pulp Fiction, as I watched that first and it is the masterpiece that it is. Reservoir Dogs was good, but I still liked Pulp Fiction better. And when I say "good" when referring to a Tarantino film, it means more than saying "good" about any other film. He's got talent.

I can't wait to see this movie. I love Brad Pitt when he's in his crazy character mood. Nothing compares to him. Twelve Monkeys, Fight Club, etc. That and it's Tarantino who Adult Swim claims to "be back", it sounds like a good time. I trust Quentin to do it right.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Inglourious Basterds Polk's Avatar
    I just got back from seeing it, and Holy shit. It's fantastic.

It's got a great script, great direction (it's Tarantino, what the hell do you expect?), and some great acting performances (most notably Pitt, who is hilarious, and Cristoph Waltz (Hans Landa) who, if the Academy has any sense, will at least get an Oscar nod). It's also got a classic Tarantino feel, wherein the small talk that goes on in the movie seems to lull the audience to a point of comfort, when just around the corner, a heinous act of violence is committed. This is mostly a good thing, but if I have one complaint, it's that some of the dialog is a bit too inane, and in turn, will lead several scenes in the film to be too long (the opening chapter is a good example of this, I think), and when the film runs a minute shy of two and a half hours, one starts to wonder what could've easily been cut from the final product. Other than that, it's absolutely fantastic, even if it's not, ahem, historically accurate.

So yeah. Go see it. Now.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

I want to play a game. Inglourious Basterds Zargabaath's Avatar
    Christoph Walken should not just get an oscar nod, he should have the oscar for his performance. Some scenes were long and the dialogue a bit inane but the it added to the characters, especially to Hans Landen. I did enjoy Pitt's performance which I found to be very good. The SS officer at the tavern was also a good performance. There was also plenty of funny scenes, often dealing in racist humor. The characters were likable even though some did not get a lot of screen time. It gets very graphic when the time arises and is not all just senseless violence. Inglorious Basterds is definetly a great film.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Boredness rules us all Inglourious Basterds Midnight Panda's Avatar
    i like movies about hitler's reign and stuff but i have not seen this movie, ill probably just going to wait 4 the dvd then buy it
    Been gone a long while but im back now and not as annoying. promise

THANKS TO ANDROMEDA

Master of the Shadow Key Inglourious Basterds KeybladerXIII's Avatar
    I haven't seen it yet but the trailer does look interesting, it made Brad Pitt interesting to me for once. It looks a litte cheesy but I'll give it a shot anyway. Besides, I love how Pitt says "Natzi" in the trailer.
    "Take a chance.....roll the dice.......pick a card....whatever suits your game.....you'll lose either way...."

Organization XIII in a nutshell, in their most core personality:

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20..._blablachn.jpg

Boredness rules us all Inglourious Basterds Midnight Panda's Avatar
    lol, i have only seen the trailer on the tv but it still looks like a good movie. but im not keen on pitt.
    Been gone a long while but im back now and not as annoying. promise

THANKS TO ANDROMEDA

Registered User Inglourious Basterds
    its really slow to get started and even then the movie doen't move all that fast. its ok i guess, some parts were boring, Pitt was funny as shit though.

Death Before Dishonor Inglourious Basterds Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I went and saw it...It had its moments but over all there are other movies I could have saw that would have been better than this one...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Bringer Of Light! Inglourious Basterds Messiah's Avatar
    Ok,
    So I've been meaning to go and see this for a while, and now ive read your reviews i think tommorow i will be going to the cinema! thanks TFF!
    When the world decends into darkness - I'll bring the light!
    Bringer Of Light - Guiding Souls away from Darkness Since 1989!

VISIT MY SITE TODAY!
    Square-Zone
    CURRENTLY EMPLOYING:
    Moderators
    Review Writers
    Illustrator for a GFX team.