Thread: Star Wars!!!!

Stage Dives, High Fives. Star Wars!!!! Confession's Avatar

Star Wars!!!!

ok im a complete star wars noob. i know everything about it the movies and the comics. so if anyone else likes it post your thoughts here?

Do you like all of them?
    what angered you
    what do you love about it?

Wu Tang Killa Bee's, We On The Storm.

Did the meaning of noob change during the time I was asleep...?

Anyways, I'm quite the Star Wars nerd myself. I haven't gotten into the comics yet, mainly due to lack of funds and laziness, but obviously I've seen all the movies a fair number of times and have played through both Kotors more than I can count. I'm currently playing through Jedi Academy for the first time and to top off the nerdiness, I play Star Wars D&D. Yeah, you heard me. As far as the comics go, I know most of what happens simply because I study Star Wars history like I would study regular history (god knows there's just as much information) via Wookiepedia, a Star Wars Wiki, so I know pretty much what's going on.

Until now!

Permanently banned Star Wars!!!! darkViVi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jintatsu View Post
    Did the meaning of noob change during the time I was asleep...?
    Seems to have

I love the old Star Wars movies, the only things that makes the new ones even worth watching is Darth Sidious (Palpantine) and the wicked visuals. Apart from that the new movies are crap, too much Anakin/Padmč bullshit.. just too much and I fall asleep. The old ones took on the story a bit more without too much if any of that crap.

Lukas why?? You made Star Wars suck with all that emo bs and I hate you. Wanker. :Spyfap:

I am Ol' Fartsy and I said So! Star Wars!!!! Ol' Fartsy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like the both the classic (Luke Skywalker) and the prequels (Anakin Skyalker). I grew up with the classic Star Wars.
    My lovely Niece: ekimeinna

Follow Me

SPOILER!!:
    Yosemite Winter wonderland

Destiny Lives![/center]

Ah, Star Wars. One of the few films or film series that I have written essays on. While the trendy thing to do is to condemn the prequel trilogy, I do have some positive things to say about it.

Good things
    • The prequel trilogy was set up to show the transition from republic to empire, which it succeeded in doing.
    • It actually had some pretty cool fights, as opposed to the classic trilogy.
    • It gave important backstory information and showed annoying-as-hell kid Anakin's transition into the iconic Darth Vader.
    • Double-bladed lightsaber, FTW.
    • Turns out, R2-D2 is the only character who knew nearly all of the story. He was at every major event, and never had a memory wipe, as opposed to C-3PO.

I also agree that the prequel trilogy had its fair share of bad elements.
    • An unnecessarily long podrace scene in Episode One.
    • Poor acting and dialogue by all three actors of Anakin. It's almost as though Lucas wanted us to hate Anakin.
    • Jar-Jar. Nobody liked Jar-Jar.
    • Anybody notice that Watto looks Jewish?
    • Or that the Trade Republic is highly reminscent of Asian businessmen?
    • Jar-Jar, Watto, and the Trade Republic...Why is Lucas being racist?
    • Grievous is killed off quickly, and in a really lame way. Why make such a badass and likable villain for the cartoon?. He was made much less badass for the movie.
    • Padme is like 10 years older than Anakin. Seriously, cradle-robbing.
    • "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
    Last edited by Rasler; 12-06-2007 at 01:10 PM.
    3rd Division Captain of the Bleach Club
    Lurking member of the Old School Cult of Kefka

I love both the new and the old star wars, the only thing i couldn't stand in the old ones was the storm troopers firing 1000s of rounds in every battle scene and never hitting anyone.
    There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Rasler
    Poor acting and dialogue by all three actors of Anakin. It's almost as though Lucas wanted us to hate Anakin.
    3 Actors...? Who is the third? There's the little boy in episode 1 and then Hayden Christianson plays him in the second and third movies. Unless there's some small scene I'm forgetting, that's only 2. But yes, he was terrible. He looked the part well enough though, especially in Episode 3.

Seriously though, I don't think people give the prequel the credit it deserves. It wasn't as good as the original trilogy, okay, good, but that doesn't instantly make it bad. Jar Jar can be ignored in the first movie if you try hard enough and Mr. Lucas caught on as you can notice that he barely said anything in the second movie and absolutely nothing in the third. Also, the characters may not have been as good, but the story is much better. Let's face it, the story of the original triology is pretty basic. Evil empire versus good rebels. A few good plot twists, but still very basic by today's standards. The transition from Republic to Empire is, in my opinion, much more enticing.

Until now!

Stage Dives, High Fives. Star Wars!!!! Confession's Avatar
    I reckon with the the original trilogy being the last 3 movies, they could have the plot lines the needed to get the haracters going further later on. but also because they were made first, they put somethings in the first movies that couldn't be followed up in the last 3 becasue they were already made.

Example: in the first movie and the plot of the darth maul character, because this was recent they couldn't show what happens to him after that event.
    In the comic books it shows that after the clone wars and obi wan goes into hiding, darth maul tracks him down (now with cybernetic arms and legs) and challenges obi wan to a battle which maul loses and finally does die.

its things like this, that because of the way the movies are made, cannot be shown which would've been great to watch

Wu Tang Killa Bee's, We On The Storm.

I like Star Wars, not as much as Lord of the Rings but yeah it's cool. I enjoyed the original three movies a lot but the newer films weren't as great.. obviously. I did like them though unlike a lot of people who seem to despise them lol. Nothing really angered me about these films. What do I like about it? Darth Vader! He's so cool and I think the Storm Troopers are pretty neat as well. My favorite characters besides that would have to be Han Solo and Chewbacca. Oh and the best movie in my opinion is Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.

CC's YouTube Page|Add me on last.fm
    Is on Facebook so feel free to add me. =)

I like the old ones and the new ones both, maybe the new ones better.
    It looks prettier and (ofcourse) less old ^^
    But the story's better in the old ones, so..
    Oh and love Chiwi and R2-D2!
    My TFF Family it!

Savior of the Damned is my little brother!

Sir Alex Ferguson is my awesome brother!

The hardcore fans love the old ones better than the new ones.

I like Episode 3 the best for me. The old ones for me are just too boring but there still good regradless. It's really fantastic series though.
    2nd Squad 5th Seat BLEACH CLUB

I love the old movies. Especially "The empire strikes back." The new ones were ok I guess. I liked Episode III, pretty good. In the new ones Lucas made Yoda fight just the way I imagined him fighting.

True love never dies!!
    Checkout my AMV'shttp://www.youtube.com/user/Nemesis4567

The Ace Pilot and Cap'n Star Wars!!!! FF Ace Cid's Avatar
    I loved Star Wars, grew up on the classics. The new ones are good to, I am not a complete nerd on it though. I ask my little brother, he knows everything about Star Wars. He has his own stormtrooper army, jedi army, and droid army. It is a very interesting movie series.
    My TFF Family
    My Yaoi crazed sister Bleachfangirl. My evil vampiric sister Anathematized Anachronism. My random exchange student staying with my family, Xeim. . My Bot slicing brother Novacrash. My ever changing niece Athna Loveil.. My insane Gaara fanatic niece Tiger Lily. My loving sister Ekimeinna. My Quincy Co-Pilot Storm. My son, Savior of the Damned.
    My airship flying man in the air utd fan cousin, Sir Alex Ferguson. My sort of insane, out of his mind cousin, Silver. My Queen-obsessed Zico-loving cousin FF Guru. My FF crazed brother Flash. My disturbed and distraught brother Fishie. My Godsmack addicted brother Demon Hunter. My ickle sister xXViviXx. My old school free styling cousin, Pablo Honey. My Cousin most likely to get their hand replaced by a pen, Aerif. My highwind 'barkeep' friend, Unknown Entity. My fighting game loving cousin, Rocky. My FFVII Matey on starboard brother, SecretWeapon. My Pokémon-obsessed sister, Refieth. My FF trivia master cousin, Phantom. My FF VIII obsessed cousin, Craven.

PM me if you want to become part of my airship riding family, The Red Wings.

I want to play a game. Star Wars!!!! Zargabaath's Avatar

Re: Star Wars!!!!

Spike TV recenlty had a Star Wars weekend where the aired all episodes right after each other and it brought to my attention, again, how I have a problem with the ending of Return of the Jedi. My qualm is with Anakin appearing alongside Yoda and Obi-Wan in "spirit" form. Yeah, he repented, coming back to the Light side, and destroying the Emperor, however, I feel that the crimes, which are vast and heinous, require a long penance. I don't think he should be smiling and buddy-buddy with Yoda and Obi-Wan at the end; Anakin should be like Jacob Marley but instead of chains, chests and whatnot, Anakin should be lugging around all the people his actions killed for about 30 years.

Anybody else feel similiar about the subject?

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Star Wars!!!! ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I absolutley love Star Wars! Perhaps the greatest film series of all time. Even the prequels.

I grew up with Star Wars. I watched them when I was about 5, and loved them (although the Hoth creature scared the hell out of me). Then I saw them at the cinema when I was 7 when the SE ones came out, and love them ever since. Return of the Jedi will always be my favourite. I could probably recite the whole thing by now!

The Phantom Menace is probably my second favourite. I'm not sure why, but I really loved it. I think it was mainly Darth Maul tbh. Shame he only lasted one film.

Also, I for one liked the Padmé/Anakin story. I think it added fuel to the fire of Anakin's character. After all, had he not met Padmé, he wouldn't have become Darth Vader, thus episode 3, 4, 5 and 6 wouldn't have happened, and it would have been a pretty crappy set of films .

Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    Spike TV recenlty had a Star Wars weekend where the aired all episodes right after each other and it brought to my attention, again, how I have a problem with the ending of Return of the Jedi. My qualm is with Anakin appearing alongside Yoda and Obi-Wan in "spirit" form. Yeah, he repented, coming back to the Light side, and destroying the Emperor, however, I feel that the crimes, which are vast and heinous, require a long penance. I don't think he should be smiling and buddy-buddy with Yoda and Obi-Wan at the end; Anakin should be like Jacob Marley but instead of chains, chests and whatnot, Anakin should be lugging around all the people his actions killed for about 30 years.

Anybody else feel similiar about the subject?
    I think the whole point of the spirits part at the end was purely because they were all connected to Luke Skywalker. It was Luke's vision because no-one else could see them (at least, it seemed that way), so Luke was seeing what he wanted to see.

On a side note, I did not like the latest edition of RotJ where the original actor that played Anakin was replaced with Hayden Christensen. It looked so weird.

Registered User Star Wars!!!! Kaiden's Avatar

They actually made a few changes with the star wars films.

CNN.com - Five major changes in the 'Star Wars' DVD - Sep 21, 2004

I always loved the star wars universe, while I have out grown the movies. A lot of the plot seems childish and underdeveloped now that I am older. The books that continue the series are really good though. The newest of them taking a darker tone which I really like, though some people hate it.

Scene from a movie.
    SPOILER!!:
    [Having pulled over a speeding driver.]
    Mac: All right, how about Cat Game?
    Foster: Cat Game? What's the record?
    Mac: Thorny did six, but I think you can do ten.
    Foster: Ten? Starting right meow?
    [They go up to the car.]
    Driver: Sorry about the...
    Foster: All right meow. Hand over your license and registration.
    [The man gives him his license.]
    Foster: Your registration? Hurry up meow.
    Driver: [laughing] Sorry.
    Foster: Is there something funny here boy?
    Driver: Oh, no.
    Foster: Then why you laughing, Mister... Larry Johnson?
    [Foster stares at him.]
    Foster: All right meow, where were we?
    Driver: Excuse me, are you saying meow?
    Foster: Am I saying meow?
    Driver: I thought...
    Foster: Don't think boy. Meow, do you know how fast you were going?
    [The man laughs.]
    Foster: Meow. What is so damn funny?
    Driver: I could have sworn you said meow.
    Foster: Do I look like a cat to you, boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly-bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
    [The man is uncontrollably laughing.]
    Foster: You stop laughing right meow!
    Driver: [Stops and swallows hard.] Yes sir.
    Foster: Meow, I'm gonna have to give you a ticket on this one. No buts meow. It's the law.
    [Rips off the ticket and hands it to the man.]
    Foster: Not so funny meow, is it?
    [Foster gets up to leave, but Mac shakes his hands at him, indicating only nine meows.]
    Foster: Meow!

Certified tech, come at me! Star Wars!!!! SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Funny this thread happens to appear, I just got done watching a star wars episode haha. Anyway, I like all the episodes to be fair but my favorites lean towards the old trilogy (IV,V,VI) mainly because of the better character development and the story was more fun to watch. I like the first three as well but it contains a trilogy full of Anakin's whineyness. The pod racing thing in Episode 1 was ok but yeah, it shouldn't of been as long as it was.

And to summarize what I love about the series is how the storyline works and the concept of jedis and the republic and the actors used to portray each character in the story. Another reason I love the series is that it makes me watch to watch the movies over and over again.
    Currently Playing: