Thread: Spider Man 4

Spider Man 4

I have always been a huge fan of the spiderman comics, grew up reading them. Given the movies are just that, movies, they still have an appeal to me also. Kind of letting me relive my childhood so to speak.

To me the first 2 where excelent (even though I would of chose different people to play both Peter and Mary Jane. The third was still good even though the new additions to the cast where horrible. But as the title of the thread says we are not here to talk about that we are here to talk about Spider-Man 4

Access Hollywood - Kirsten Dunst Returning For 'Spider-Man 4,'

A few questions come to mind, like for instance where will Bruce Camble and Stan Lee appear in this film, but the article that is provided above debunks some of my thoughts instantly.

So I am curious, what are your thoughts on this movie?

Who should the new Villain be?

Please discuss.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Asking all the personal questions. Spider Man 4 RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    I don't where the rumor of a wedding could have come from if they remember like the article said the last movie drove them apart i don't think there will be the strong connection there was in the other previous movies.

As for the baddy i would like to see The Lizard he was always my favorite in the old Spidey comics and cartoon so i hope he makes an appearance, but they seem to like introducing more than one villain so that in mind The lizard man and they are forgetting the Rhino man as well, so far the villains have been about smarts like Doctor octopus and The goblin excluding Sandman so it is about time for some sheer brute strength.. enter Rhino man.

As far as Carnage goes i think he should be Spidey's last and final opponent how dare they suggest him as a middle villain no villain surpasses Carnage he should Peters last test, he is ruthless powerful and merciless so he makes the perfect end villain.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Blog Entries
    Well, I for one am still upset about Venom. Topher Grace wasn't Venom material, and if I remember correctly, the space crap that created the whole mess was destroyed. (Totally not sure on that, so correct me if I'm wrong.) Continuing on that train of thought, wasn't Carnage an offshoot of Venom, once Cleatus Cassidy got a hold of it? I'm also not a fan of Emo Spidey. That was just terrible. I do agree that Carnage would be the coolest final enemy ever though,

I also get the feeling that the Lizard will eventually be making an appearance. I can't remember if it was in 1 or 2, but there's a scene towards the beginning in which Peter speaks with a one armed professor, who looks all too similar to the Lizard before, well, yknow.

I also have to disagree with you, Meier on the casting of Tobey Maguire for Peter Parker. He was so nerdy in the first movie that it just worked out perfectly. I can see your qualms for the other movies though. He is supposed to become more confident and even a little cocky with his constant one liners and quips. The closest we really come to that is in 3, when they have the whole Spiderman day/ parade thing, and he acts like a total douche. But then, right after that, when MJ bounces, he becomes all whiney and mopey again, much more Spider-angsty-teen than Spiderman
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Well, I for one am still upset about Venom. Topher Grace wasn't Venom material, and if I remember correctly, the space crap that created the whole mess was destroyed. (Totally not sure on that, so correct me if I'm wrong.) Continuing on that train of thought, wasn't Carnage an offshoot of Venom, once Cleatus Cassidy got a hold of it? I'm also not a fan of Emo Spidey. That was just terrible. I do agree that Carnage would be the coolest final enemy ever though,

I also get the feeling that the Lizard will eventually be making an appearance. I can't remember if it was in 1 or 2, but there's a scene towards the beginning in which Peter speaks with a one armed professor, who looks all too similar to the Lizard before, well, yknow.

I also have to disagree with you, Meier on the casting of Tobey Maguire for Peter Parker. He was so nerdy in the first movie that it just worked out perfectly. I can see your qualms for the other movies though. He is supposed to become more confident and even a little cocky with his constant one liners and quips. The closest we really come to that is in 3, when they have the whole Spiderman day/ parade thing, and he acts like a total douche. But then, right after that, when MJ bounces, he becomes all whiney and mopey again, much more Spider-angsty-teen than Spiderman

I don't think it was destroyed just averted and then it left the body of old mate, and if what your saying is correct how did Cassidy get a hold of it if it was destroyed but yes as far as i can remember Carnage was a science experiment gone wrong haha then again aren't they all i thought carnage was a science experiment of Peter's cells or something like that that went haywire, i thought they tried to recreate a spidey man but he turned out to be evil i may be wrong.

I hate the way he goes around all depressed it such a drag through the movies and makes it boring, and he is always talking softly they need to kick his character up a notch but maybe now that he doesn't have the attachment with Mary Jane he might get a bit more cocky and show offy so to speak.

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Spider Man 4 ZantetsukeN's Avatar
    I was really disappointed with Venom. He and Carnage were always my favourite comic characters growing up. Venom never said 'we are Venom' once in that film! Plus, he was always twice Spiderman's size in the comics, but same size in the film.

As far as the new film is concerned, I am really looking foward to it. Despite my beef with Venom, I really enjoyed SM3. I think the next villain should defintely be The Lizard. Dr. Connors has been hinted at in the other films, so Lizard would be perfect. Maybe have another villain, like Electro or The Vulture. I would personally love to see the Vulture in a film soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZantetsukeN View Post
    I was really disappointed with Venom. He and Carnage were always my favourite comic characters growing up. Venom never said 'we are Venom' once in that film! Plus, he was always twice Spiderman's size in the comics, but same size in the film.

As far as the new film is concerned, I am really looking forward to it. Despite my beef with Venom, I really enjoyed SM3. I think the next villain should definitely be The Lizard. Dr. Connors has been hinted at in the other films, so Lizard would be perfect. Maybe have another villain, like Electro or The Vulture. I would personally love to see the Vulture in a film soon.
    Very agreeably, Venom was massive in the comic and the cartoon so why be stingy in the movie. Lizard would have to be the logical choice then, Mysterio would be a decent opponent for him as well, but seriously with all the enemies how long will the SM series go for?

I am all for smart villains but what happened to the dopey strong ones SM seems to lack with these type of villains all i can think of is Rhino and maybe Sandman comes into this category.

Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Synthesized Ascension Spider Man 4 Zardoch's Avatar
    The Venom issue is because Sam Raimi was a ****ing douche about it. Since Venom wasn't in the first 2 movies, fans pressured both him and the studio to bring Venom out, but since Sammy boy only loves 'realism' (he didn't like the whole alien substance thing), he decided to give the finger to the fans and make the entire movie go the wrong way with wrong actors and a boring screenplay. Not to mention the f-ing emo thing.

Ultimately, when at first I liked Raimi's first Spiderman and somewhat the second, I wished he'd quit and give Spiderman 4 to someone who gives a damn about the comic and not what he thinks is 'realistic.' I mean the sequel just became too much like a soap opera, despite the cool fight scenes. With his 'realism' intact and no fans screaming at him, he'll probably jump on where he left off with 'his' interpretation on how the story of Spiderman should be told.

As for myself, I'd like it if he simply redid Spiderman 3 without being an asshole and doing it right. Like hell is he going to stay true to anything, however, so I only have two words of contempt for him: **** him. He should just go back to making evil dead sequels with my buddy Bruce killing baddies. Either that or make an "Adventures of Brisco County Jr" movie.
    Last edited by Zardoch; 06-10-2009 at 05:18 AM.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Spider Man 4 Xanatos's Avatar
    I´m also disappointed with Venom in Spiderman 3.I mean he looks nothing like in comic,at least in behavior.And about Spiderman 4 Sam Raimi says that there will be more villains than in any Spiderman movie.I´m definitely expecting Lizard to be one of them and I would also like to see Carnage.
    I know everyone is criticizing Sam Raimi but he is doing a decent job with Spiderman.First two movies were great.The third movie had some mistakes but it was a good movie.Well Sam Raimi isn't perfect but imagine if Uwe Boll made Spiderman movies.
    Last edited by Xanatos; 06-10-2009 at 12:29 PM.

I invented Go-Gurt. Spider Man 4 Clint's Avatar
    I'm disappointed that Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst are returning. I'm sick of horrible actors carrying a movie. The characters should have either been recast, or they could have at least killed off Kirsten Dunst's character in the third one, and have Bryce Dallas Howard's character as the leading lady in the fourth installment.

I also don't agree with Sam Raimi taking back his position as director. Sure, the first two were good, but the third one completely sucked. Once a director makes a horrible installment in a franchise, he should be forced to sign over the rights to a new director. I don't really care about the villain, because if Sam Raimi is directing it, and if Toby Maguire and Kirsten Dunst are the leading cast, then it's going to suck almost as much as the third one.

Master of the Shadow Key Spider Man 4 KeybladerXIII's Avatar
    I hated Venom's small stature and limited screentime. Isn't he supposed to be a big hulking villian that makes Spidey look puny? Anyway, I want Lizard and Mysterio to be the villians in 4. I've even got an idea on who should be Mysterio: Bruce Campbell!

Roll with me on this: Quentin Beck is a struggling actor who takes a part-time job as a wrestling announcer (who was played by Bruce in Spidey 1), after seeing a young Spidey in action, he develops a fascination, even obsession with him. He starts stalking him and finds out his identity and wants to expose him. He then disguises himself as an usher to confront Spidey (which happened in the second movie), barring him from the theatre, hoping he will punch/push/web sling him out of the way. When that didn't work, he disguised himself as a waiter to continue following him.(Which occured in 3) Thus, he finally designs his own super-villian identity to confront Spidey head-on, making himself the ultimate actor.

I know there are plot-holes bigger than Manhatten in that, but Mysterio= Campy and Campbell=Campy, so there.
    "Take a chance.....roll the dice.......pick a card....whatever suits your game.....you'll lose either way...."

Organization XIII in a nutshell, in their most core personality:

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20..._blablachn.jpg

Air from my lungs. Spider Man 4 Violet's Avatar
    As someone who hasn't really read the Spiderman comics or watched the old cartoon that much, I have to say(seen the first two movies, read about the 3rd).. I wish they'd not focus on his relationship with Mary-Jane so much. I want to learn more about Spiderman and his villains in 4. I couldn't care less about the drama that ensues between him and the red haired harlot. I hate when they dwell on the romance in super hero movies. It's nice to have it there, but don't turn it into a drawn out feud. I think they should just kill her off.. I'm so bored of her character.