Thread: Sequels that are Better than the Original

Registered User Sequels that are Better than the Original

Sequels that are Better than the Original

Yes friends, they do indeed exist. There are actually sequels to movies that can be as good as, if not better, than the original. So my question to you is this: Which movie sequels would you say you enjoyed more or thought was better than the original? You don't have to pick direct sequels either.

I have a couple that I would pick. First up would be Back to the Future Part II. Now I enjoyed Part I a lot, but I think that I was more engrossed with what was happening in Part II a little more, mainly because I thought the future that the movie portrayed looked AWESOME!!! I also liked how Marty had to be extra cunning in order to get the sports almanac thing back and also stay out of sight of...himself...when he had to go back to 1955.

A more recent pick would be Shrek 2. The original Shrek was pretty good, but there were some parts in the movie that just really bored me. I can't say that about the sequel. I was very entertained throughout the whole movie, and I would definitely say that this sequel was better than the original.

Well, those are the two movies I could think of. How about all of you? Which movies would make your list of being better than the original?
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Bananarama Sequels that are Better than the Original Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Sequels that are Better than the Original

I'd go with Empire Strikes Back, which was my favorite in the Star Wars series. I felt like it was that much more developed, expansive and fun than the original.

I also thought that Return of the King was a better movie than the previous two. It seemed more action packed and with a lot more driving points to it.

I also think that while Ninja Turtles II isn't as good of a movie as the original, it was certainly more fun, and I enjoyed watching it more. Though, the first one was pretty awesome, you really can't argue with Tokka and Razar getting fed anti mutagen via ice cubes in donuts, or Vanilla Ice.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Sequels that are Better than the Original ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I would say from the first Batman series, Batman Returns. In my honest opinion, it is the best Batman film. It had the best villains in the Batman universe, and overall the story was better.

Another one would be Terminator 2. I enjoyed this one a lot more than the first one. Again, I thought it had a better plot than the original, and better characters too.

Batman Begins was an unceremonious bore, but The Dark Knight was fantastic. In every way, it was a superior film.

The Godfather Part II is the greatest film ever made, while The Godfather is merely the second greatest film ever made.

As Pete said, The Empire Strikes Back is superior to A New Hope. It lacks the charm, but its ending is so much more meaningful.

I invented Go-Gurt. Sequels that are Better than the Original Clint's Avatar

As various people before me have said, The Godfather Part II and Empire Strikes Back were definitely better than their predecessors. One that sticks out in my mind, though, is Spider-Man 2. The first one was good. The second one was academy award-worthy good. It was overlooked, though, because the academy is prejudiced towards superhero films.

The Lone Dagger Sequels that are Better than the Original Xithor's Avatar

Walter took the words right outta my mouth, The Dark Knight was hands down a much better film then Batman Begins in every aspect, the story, the villians, and all the action. Fantastic sequel to a good first movie.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Yanqui UXO Sequels that are Better than the Original charliepanayi's Avatar

Toy Story 2 - the first is excellent. The second is brilliant.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying"

Shake it like a polaroid picture Sequels that are Better than the Original RagnaToad's Avatar

I fully agree with Sobchak.

The Godfather Part II was just amazing. The flashbacks to Vito's earlier life with Robert Deniro as Vito were great.

The Dark Knight is a good action film, while Batman Begins is, well, not good at all.

The first Star Wars is not as good as the second or third movie.

I cannot think of other sequels I like better than the first part at the moment.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

My couch pulls out but I don't. Sequels that are Better than the Original midgetbob's Avatar

I think we've hit the major ones...

Star Wars V
    Godfather II
    Dark Knight

there are some others, but I'm late. so... *saved*

All is One.One is All. Sequels that are Better than the Original Firefly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    A more recent pick would be Shrek 2. The original Shrek was pretty good, but there were some parts in the movie that just really bored me. I can't say that about the sequel. I was very entertained throughout the whole movie, and I would definitely say that this sequel was better than the original.
    =That and The Empire Strikes Back
    lol
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Sequels that are Better than the Original Xanatos's Avatar

While I agree that Dark Knight was way better movie, I still think the first one was excellent. Batman Begins is just what the franchise needed, a movie concentrated not just on Batman but the man behind the mask, it was great that someone finally decided to show us how it all began, to focus more on main character than villain instead, which frankly every previous movie failed to do.

With that said, I'll second/third The Empire Strikes Back, Terminator 2 Judgment Day and Spiderman 2.

I would also like to add The Two Towers which in my opinion is the best one in Lord of the Rings trilogy, X-Men 2 and Blade 2, far better villains and story in both movies, funny, the next sequel for both Marvel movies were pure abomination.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Aliens is another of these sequels that are better than the first that have been listed above