Thread: Official thread of Kung Fu!

Synthesized Ascension Official thread of Kung Fu! Zardoch's Avatar

Official thread of Kung Fu!

I've decided how awesome it would be by creating a thread solely dedicated to the classic kung fu films [from either China or Japan] that many have come to love and cherish. Whether they be comically bad or surprisingly good, everyone should love a good ol'kung fu flick.

Now, to start us off I think I'll bring up my most recently watched Kung Fu film, The 36th Chamber of Shaolin.

After I finished watching it, I was actually amazed at how awesome it was. Besides to well-done choreography, the story was actually interesting enough to keep me from pausing and leaving it in the dust to do something worth my time. What surprised me was how most of the movie was about the main character and his journey through the shaolin temple chambers rather than some super-skilled kung fu warrior who beats just about everybody. It was longer than I expected as well, which in this case was a good thing.

Anyone else seen it?

i have not seen that one or atleast i cant remeber seeing that one haha, but i have seen alot of Fu based movies. and i was just curious as to if this thread is limited to just classic kung fu or if there can be a mix of new films also since there has been some great ones released over the last few years.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    I liked 'Kung Pow: Enter the Fist'. Does it count?
    It was more a comedy, but it did feature parodied martial arts.

Also I have a ton of cheap films, none of which are all that good, excepting one I liked a bit named (and rather originally I might add ) 'Fatal Blade'. It's mostly about a white cop who uses a gun for most of the movie, but it does have some memorable moments and some decent fight scenes. I'd recommend it for the $5 the local bargain bin asked of me. I'd greatly recommend it for that price...
    victoria aut mors