Thread: No Country for Old Men

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

No Country for Old Men

Best movie of the last twenty years.

Who has seen it? Anyone? I don't know if this crowd is into movies without explosions, but you should be. This film is perfect. One of the best works on the nature of evil, greed, and honor.

Go!

The best movie ever made was the Breakfast Club, hands down.

I loved it. I've never seen Country for Old Men. BUt I have seen some old men in this country, and I was unimpressed.

Breakfast Club> You

I've seen pre-views, looks pretty intense, what with that guy and his pressure-machine thing.
    [Today 2:38 AM] Lord Kaos: Police report on their IPs?
    [Today 2:39 AM] Kit Fisto: im going to kill him now.
    [Today 2:39 AM] Koloth: I tried to check IPs... but the asshole is probably using proxies
    [Today 2:39 AM] Kit Fisto: brb im off to kill them both.
    [Today 2:39 AM] Lady Aerith: and I don't have the power to IP ban either...

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_White View Post
    I've seen pre-views, looks pretty intense, what with that guy and his pressure-machine thing.

Is it like a peer pressure machine thing? Can he make you smoke cigarettes, even if you really didn't want to. Does he convince you that it makes you look "cool and sophisticated."

Or maybe when you're making out with him in a car, he slips his hands underneath your skirt, and when you tell him to stop, that you're taking things too far he says "Come on babe, everyone's doing it!"

Then next thing you know you're pregnant?

Damn, I gotta get me a pressure machine thing like that.

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    This film looks awesome.

I wanted to see it, but I'm flatbroke right now, so I'll just have to wait until it comes out to rent on the TV.

The advert itself impressed me a lot... I don't get impressed by adverts a lot. Definately have to see this, though. It's on my to-do list.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

Bananarama No Country for Old Men Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've read the novel and was thoroughly impressed. The detail is so simple, but somehow becomes incredibly complex as it builds. I love that in books; where the words are very direct and to the point, but still give you the details you need to "see" everything going on. I found the movie streaming online, but it was taking forever to load. From what I've seen of it, the first 10 minutes were incredible, and more or less exactly how I pictured it to be in my mind's eye. I'm buying it the first day it's on dvd.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I've read the novel and was thoroughly impressed. The detail is so simple, but somehow becomes incredibly complex as it builds. I love that in books; where the words are very direct and to the point, but still give you the details you need to "see" everything going on. I found the movie streaming online, but it was taking forever to load. From what I've seen of it, the first 10 minutes were incredible, and more or less exactly how I pictured it to be in my mind's eye. I'm buying it the first day it's on dvd.
    It is still in theaters in a lot of areas! You need to experience it that way. The experience may be different for you since you know the details, but the suspense in a theater was great.

Also, from what I understand, the movie is a very faithful adaptation of the book.