View Poll Results: Do you think the incidence with the items in both movies are real?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 11.11%
  • No

6 66.67%
  • Not sure

2 22.22%

Thread: National Treasure

Sephiroth's Girl National Treasure sephirothsbigfan's Avatar

Question National Treasure

I have seen both movies, and they both rock. Based on real items filled with information about treasure. Do you think that both incidences of those items could be true or fake!?!?

Guenhwyvar National Treasure imapanther's Avatar
    I think that they are fake, because even though this would be classified as historical fiction, and it has events based around history, i doubt that something like that would be plausible. I may be wrong, but I doubt that there is an invisible map on the back of the declaration of independence and that abandoned mine shaft in a church as there were in the first National Treasure. I don't totally remember the second National Treasure, but I may watch it again soon. Either way I still really liked the premise behind the National Treasure movies.

Che
    LOL...these are terrible movies. And the fact that you think it might be real...

Boredness rules us all National Treasure Midnight Panda's Avatar
    i did not think they were real because its not possible. somebody somewere would figure it out then it would be like the end of the world.
    Been gone a long while but im back now and not as annoying. promise

THANKS TO ANDROMEDA

Blog Entries
    As for the national treasure movies, I was paying more attention to my girlfriend's body then I was the movie at the time, so I don't really know what they are all about that much. But no the movies are not based off of real life events, sorry to break it to ya.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Lady Succubus National Treasure Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Seeing this thread reminded me to go and see the second movie. I enjoyed the first one a lot because I'm into the whole treasure hunting and clues stuff.

I know it's just fiction though, haha. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not real.

Sephiroth's Girl National Treasure sephirothsbigfan's Avatar
    I don't know if they are or not. I interest me if someone wrote on the back of the paper with invisible ink then left it and got picked up to be used for the Declaration and if there is something inside Mount Rushmore. We can't get close to the Declaration to use it and find out. I just have that type of imagination and curiosity to know and find out.

I invented Go-Gurt. National Treasure Clint's Avatar
    Knowing the government, and knowing how secretive and deceptive they are (e.g., framing Oswald and then hiring the mob to kill him before he can testify,) I'd say some of the stuff from the National Treasure movies could be conceivable, especially in the second one, the president's book of secrets. I mean, presidents already pass off secrets to new presidents as it is, such as nuclear codes, so it would be safe to assume that since every new president gets secrets given to them by their predecessor, those secrets would also have to include secrets given to that president from his own predecessor. So there very well could be a book of secrets.

As for Mount Rushmore, my dentist went there one time, and while he was picking at my teeth, he was telling me about how when the sculpture was being designed, plans were made for a huge room behind Lincoln's head, but then the architect died before the project was made, so the idea was scrapped. There's still a room behind Lincoln's head, but it's a lot smaller than originally planned. For all anybody knows, there could still be a secret giant room behind another president's head.

All is One.One is All. National Treasure Firefly's Avatar
    I think they might be true or real.I'm not sayin they are,but it is a possibility.Knowing the gov.U never know,maybe this and aliens are real.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.