Thread: Mortal Kombat Legacy

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Mortal Kombat Legacy Xanatos's Avatar

Mortal Kombat Legacy

Do any of you watch this short online series, if so what do you think of it so far? What's your favorite episode?

I find it to be perfect for those who are not familiar with Mortal Kombat universe and it's characters, such as myself, what can I say, I was always more of a Street Fighter fan. It's "realistic", yet at the same time faithful to it's source. The acting is top notch, impressive cast for mere short online series. Episodes are too short, the only thing that bothers me really, on a positive note, we don't have to wait too long for new one to come out.

Speaking of episodes, the one with Johnny Cage was best one so far, last episode about Raiden wasn't that bad either, though I guess after Kitana & Mileena boredom anything would do.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

The Lone Dagger Mortal Kombat Legacy Xithor's Avatar

Re: Mortal Kombat Legacy

I'm actually enjoying the MK Legacy series. It brings a more realistic approach to the classic characters of Mortal Kombat and introduces them all the from their origins. Seeing Kano obtain his eye was cool and I really like both Johnny Cage's and Raiden's episodes. I didn't like the appearance of Baraka in the episodes, I'd much rather him look like the Baraka they used in MK: Annihilation but I'll deal.

My favorite episode so far has been Raiden's episode. I'm just waiting for my favorite character Sub-Zero to make an appearance =)

EDIT: Speak of the devil I just looked online and Sub-Zero and Scorpion is Episode 7 lol

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Registered User Mortal Kombat Legacy Diamond Dust's Avatar

Jeri Ryan as Sonya Blade? She looks like she's beyond her best years and Sonya is supposed to be hot. The one from the original film was much better. Ironically though, she's probably haggard now too.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Mortal Kombat Legacy ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I think it's a good series. Although, in contrast to some of you guys, I didn't like the Raiden episode. It's nice they tried something new with the characters, but it didn't work for me.

The two episodes with Kitana and Mileena were the best so far for me. Looking foward to Scorpion & Sub Zero part 2.

Also Xithor, Sub Zero is my favourite too

Quote Originally Posted by ZantetsukeN View Post
    I think it's a good series. Although, in contrast to some of you guys, I didn't like the Raiden episode. It's nice they tried something new with the characters, but it didn't work for me.

The two episodes with Kitana and Mileena were the best so far for me. Looking foward to Scorpion & Sub Zero part 2.

Also Xithor, Sub Zero is my favourite too
    And Episode 7 made Sub-Zero look like such a BA!! Cut out right when it was getting good too lol can't wait to see the end of that battle. Sub Zero looked awesome. I don't know about the mask Scorpion is wearing but it is China and that'd probably be the mask that he would wear, idk it doesn't look like a "Scorpion" mask but I may be a little anal-retentive lol. Lets get it Sub-Zero!

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Mortal Kombat Legacy ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I'm hoping Scorpion gets his old school mask, but Sub Zero did look awesome! I cannot wait to see what happens in the next part.

I'm hoping we get Reptile or Kabal afterwards too. More Kabal.

Just a quick question being new to this online series - how often are the new episodes uploaded?

One episode every Monday. It's like a good manga, short, but sweet.

Beats the hell out of waiting for Monday Night Raw!

Cheers Xan.

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dust View Post
    Jeri Ryan as Sonya Blade? She looks like she's beyond her best years and Sonya is supposed to be hot.
    I would still hit her.

"Get Over Here" sounds way better on English, nevertheless, both episodes were amazing. Anthony Dale, first Kazuya, now Scorpion, both my favorite characters in their respective games, I was suprised he spoke on Japanese, then again he's partial Japanese, aint he?

The only thing that bothered me, aside the Scorpion mask which wasn't bad just not what I expected, is Sub Zero not being the one who killed Scorpion.

It all gets a little confusing. As far as I was aware there are two Sub Zero's (brothers).

Registered User Mortal Kombat Legacy Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Okay, so I just went and watched all these and the two Sub Zero/Scorpion episodes were by far my favourite. A lot of the acting in the previous episodes was a bit cheesy (kind of expected though) but I thought these two episodes were really well done. Would've been so much better if "Get over here!" was said in English though, I was so looking forward to it. Would've been a little out of context to suddenly speak a different language though, haha.

Also, what's with all the hate about Sonya? Jeri Ryan is very bangable. I read a lot of negative comments on youtube about her being old. Of course she's aged -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dust View Post
    It all gets a little confusing. As far as I was aware there are two Sub Zero's (brothers).
    It's not to complex to understand. The way the story goes yes Sub-Zero and Scorpion have a dislike for each other, probably a step above a rivalry since they both want to destroy that others clan. Quan Chi has the ulterior motive for wanting Scorpion to fight for the Neathrealm in Mortal Kombat so he comes up with this plan.

Since he is a powerful sorcerer he takes on the appearance of Sub-Zero and goes to Scorpion's town. Once he is able to draw Scorpion away from the village he assassinates the entire town as well as his family. Scorpion returns to see that his village has been wiped out by Sub-Zero (which really isn't Sub-Zero at all but instead is Quan Chi) and he ends up losing his own life to Sub-Zero. Scorpion, like most anyone, wants revenge on Sub-Zero for not only destroying his clan but also killing him. What Scorpion doesn't know is what we all know, that it wasn't Sub-Zero at all that wiped out his clan but it was actually Quan Chi. By impersonating Sub-Zero, Quan Chi gave Scorpion a reason to take his deal, to fight for the Netherrealm in Mortal Kombat in exchange for a chance to fight Sub-Zero and get his revenge. It's even hinted at during the story of the most recent Mortal Kombat on PS3/XBOX.

SPOILER!!:
    When Scorpion agrees not to kill Sub-Zero just defeat him and goes to spare him when he fights him in hell Quan Chi shows up. He reminds Scorpion what Sub-Zero had "done" by showing him a vision of his clan being killed and family assassinated. As Sub-Zero watches on he pleads with Scorpion telling him that it was not him that did that. It wasn't because it was Quan Chi who was responsible for Scorpion's clan being destroyed. But Scorpion can only feel rage and kills Sub-Zero (Bi-Han) anyways.

As far as there being two Sub-Zero's, you are indeed right about that. Bi-Han is the first Sub-Zero, the one that was in the episode and the original Sub-Zero. He has a younger brother named Kuai Liang who takes on his older brother's code name Sub-Zero when he learns of his death and vows to kill Scorpion for killing his older brother. Bi-Han ends up being resurrected by Quan Chi as Noob Saibot and vows his allegiance to the Netherrealm.

But as far as the latest episode goes, my favorite thus far! Gotta love the Sub-Zero/Scorpion dynamic, and Get Over Here! definitely sounds much better in English lol. I wanna see more Sub-Zero! The real Sub-Zero!
    Last edited by Xithor; 06-01-2011 at 11:05 AM.

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away