Thread: Inception

Inception

It's kind of epic. I'm not sure why there isn't a thread for it.

Anyway, it's a movie about dreams. If you've watched it, you should know what I'm talking about. If you haven't, go watch it, then come back and post in this thread to talk about how amazed you are at its greatness.

Can you tell I've got a good opinion of it yet?

I guess it's a bit unfair- first because I am in love with Leonardo DiCaprio, second because I'm also in love with Ellen Page (My idol? Yes?), and third because I'm also in love with Joseph Gordon-Levitt. But it's not just the cast that makes this movie great. It's how psychedelic and imaginative it is. It makes me think of Shutter Island, but better! And even though I love the movie, I think they could have gotten more creative within the dream-scape. It's a world of limitless possibilities, and even though I know Hollywood can only go so far, there could have been way more going on. To keep even the dream world so solidly grounded made everything less exciting, but I'll accept what the movie has to offer and be happy. Oh, and the ending fifteen minutes were the BOMB.

Registered User Inception winterborn86's Avatar

Re: Inception

I've seen alot of trailers of the T.V about over the last couple of weeks, but it doesn't seem like something I would like, but there is the old saying of "Don't knock it til you've tried it." So I may have a glance at it, my other half on the other hand is desperate to see it. I'm not much of a DiCaprio fan but I did like Ellen Page in Juno.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

The Lone Dagger Inception Xithor's Avatar

I truly did not know what to expect from Inception from the trailers, they were just so ambiguous to me but I'm so glad that I did go see it. A fantastic movie that really keeps you guessing the entire time and does not disappoint in any aspect in my opinion. The whole cast was awesome in all their roles, I especially liked how Ellen Page and Joseph Gordon-Levitt played Ariadne and Arthur respectively.

SPOILER!!:
    The scene where all the projections were starting to notice the two of them sitting in the lobby and he's like "Quick kiss me" and she does and then she's says "They're still looking at us" and he replies "It was worth a shot" hahaha smooth move guy.

If you enjoy movies that make you think and try to mess with your mind you'll absolutely love this movie, it will have you arguing with your friends about what really happened for hours after the credits roll. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who has yet to see it because I didn't know what to expect from the trailer, I knew it was about dreams but that's it, and I was very pleasantly surprised.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Blog Entries

I thought this movie was absolutely amazing. It is making instant inroads into my favourite films list.

I thought Tom Hardy as Eames (the Forger) was a good match, and he played the role superbly, becoming a stand-out even though his character wasn't very important.

I love Ellen Page in any role: she's one of my favourite actors. She certainly didn't disappoint as Ariadne.

As Xithor mentioned, the scene between Ariadne and Arthur was nice; but it may have been the only instance of humour in the entire film. Another slight joke or two could have lightened the mood (but they would've had had to been subtle -- like this scene).

I think its greatest features are its originality and complexity.

It is a demanding watch. The plot advances rapidly, and if you don't pay attention to the first 30 minutes, you are likely to want to leave due to confusion. Two of the people I went with lost track, and went to sleep. The rest of us were mesmerised.

However it could have been a little more creative in terms of the physical forms of the dream worlds, especially after suggesting that Adriane would have complete control of the world, and then deciding to limit that by saying that they couldn't play around too much, so as to not attract the attention of the Projections. But if the militarised Projections were already aware, what harm would have befallen? Instead, the geometry was limited, given they had my hopes up with the introduction of Penrose stairs. However, this is only a criticism made in retrospect, and didn't reflect on the enjoyment of the film at all.

In terms of originality, to some extent, being science-fiction, it's a given. However the plot has enough twists and subtle revelations to make sure this is one film you will not be able to predict, and you will constantly second-guess yourself. The tie in with Saito from beginning to end was superb, and when I connected the dots of this link, the entire film fell into place at the perfect moment.

GO AND SEE THIS FILM. NOW!

Registered User Inception xXx Rikku xXx's Avatar

The only reason i wanted to go see this would be Ken Watanabe! he's my favourite actor
    but im glad i did go see it, it was one of the best films i'd seen in years xD

jackobjames

Inception is a really mind puzzle game..

Imperium

I'm a fan of Christopher Nolan's work, and I think this film was great. Leonardo Dicaprio and a great ensemble including Tom Hardy and Joseph Gordon-Leavitt. I think the visuals were great, but there could have been more done with the world. The plot wasn't extremely difficult to understand, but the way Nolan structures his films--Memento, for instance--makes it more similar to literature. My view of literature is one where you must dig deep to understand the themes and various connections within the text, in this case, the film. With that said, I was not disappointed, and never am, by Nolan's work. Lastly, Dicaprio played his role really well, but one is forced to think of the comparison to the character he played in Shutter Island (a man who has issues with his wife).

Registered User Inception sayian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

^^ i agree with u guys up there,,, Very mind puzzling. i saw it for the first time last night actually and u cant only watch that movie once... i felt left behind alot. i couldnt imagin comming up with the details in that storyline, it must be years old and changed a million times.... very complicated but good movie

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Inception Xanatos's Avatar

Inception is by far the best movie I've seen last year, but then again the competition was rather slim, nevertheless Inception is truly amazing, nothing else to expect from a movie with Nolan's signature on it. Excellent cast, great story full of twists, and ending that leaves you questioning, is it a dream or reality.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

.............. Inception smurphy's Avatar

Whats not to like? It is an original screenplay, great cast(though I personally cannot stand watching Ellen Page on screen but bar her everyone else is excellent), story which is constantly evolving, set in an environment where anything is possible and first class CGI. I think Nolan has really shown has far ahead he is of every over director working today. If this film, easily the best of 2010, doesnt win the oscar it will just prove, once and for all, that the oscars aint all that(especially if one of those really pretentious movies wins it).Though nothing can beat the snub The Dark Knight got not even being nominated.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill

Melodious Schemer Inception Final Hearts 69's Avatar

I was deeply confused when I saw Inception for the first time...now I absolutely love it. I'm a fan of Leonardo Dicapprio, and he does a fanstastic job at all of his roles no matter what movie he's in.
    The movie kept me at the edge of my seat, just dying to know what was going on...the way that they had set the movie up was brilliant and the music is also brilliant. The whole cast and crew of the film did a fantastic job. I just can't stop watching it...it's such a thrill ride just to try and understanding it the first time. But to really get what's going on I had to watch it a second time....I was mainly confused when they were in the dreams and when they weren't. It wasn't until I watched it a second time that I knew what parts were the dreams and what parts were in awake. I just love movies that keep me guessing until the end, that way I could find out if I was wrong about my spectulations. Over all Inception is a fantastic movie, if anyone here who hasn't seen it. I highly suggest that you get the chance to see it. Becuase I absolutely love it...but if you're not into that kind of movie then you don't know what you're missing.
    An awesome film, just absolutely mind-bending and action packed movie. Inception....what more is there to add about the movie from my prespective? ...okay, there's a lot more; but I'm going to stop writing this now.
    "All I did was watch, I didn't even try to stop her...that was my sin and this...this is my punishment." -Vincent Valentine, FF7: Dirge of Cerberus-

Registered User Inception tehmuffinmon's Avatar

I loved it the first time I saw it, liked it a lot the second time, and was a bit more neutral the third time. I think it has great acting, a nice, surreal atmosphere, and the soundtrack is amazing, but for some reason I've gradually not liked it as much. I still think it's a very good movie, but it's just not one of my favorites anymore. I can't really place my finger on why. *shrugs*

just watched this for the first time earlier, thought it was ace. massive wtf moment at the end though!

My couch pulls out but I don't. Inception midgetbob's Avatar

Yeah... this is a really good movie. I ended up seeing it a few times in theaters. I don't do that very often. It has remincience of a few other movies, and at the time I happen to be reading a novel about attacking people through their dreams / changing their persona through their dreams. It made the movie even more enjoyable.

I wish I could remember what the book was, I borrowed it and it didn't have a cover :S
    mel 1:32 AM
    Hahah I'm like penis penis penis lalala <3
    [10/30/2012 10:46:16 PM] Mel (GypsyElder): I love Virgins haha