Thread: HP and the Deathly Hallows

Certified tech, come at me! HP and the Deathly Hallows SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

HP and the Deathly Hallows

anyone going to see this movie? it was just recently released in theatres. I want to see it however i don't have the money for it and i don't want to watch it without my parents. So in the meantime i'm watching all the previous movies while i'm waiting until I'm able to see the new one with them.
    Currently Playing:

Blog Entries

Re: HP and the Deathly Hallows

I saw the midnight release of it actually. It was pretty good, I wasn't too sure of what was going to be honest rofl since I didnt read the last two books but from what I picked up, it was pretty crazy. It definitely ended at a DUN DUN DUN moment, and it left me in suspense for the next one as well. Umm I'll probably end up reading the last two books while I'm waiting for part 2 to come out
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Certified tech, come at me! HP and the Deathly Hallows SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Finally saw the movie, I really enjoyed it too. I wish that it didn't have so much quiet moments where Harry and co are camping out at different places. Other than that I enjoyed it, the end seemed sort of mortal kombatish to me for some reason haha. I already know how the whole story goes so I won't give away what happened.
    Currently Playing:

HRH Albha HP and the Deathly Hallows Aerif's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm really quite happy at how this film turned out.

The last HP film was shit. They spent far too much time focussing on the romances of each of the individual characters, something that was very much overshadowed in the book. Also leaving out the conclusion in the previous film 'to prevent it being too similar to the 7th' was a stupid idea, considering they're releasing it in two parts AND there is usually at least a year's wait between the films.

But this film was brilliant, and probably the best of the series so far. I was a little put-off by the book, and felt it wasn't as strong as the other books, but the film actually blew me away, and made many semgents much interesting (and memorable) than the book did.

I especially liked the first scene of the film, since it was only mentioned in passing in the book. It was heart-wrenching.

I also felt the colour drain from my face during the first 'significant' death of the film, I knew it was coming but for some reason it was very powerful. Her death was more upsetting than even Sirius' was.

I wish there wasn't an 8-month gap now though...

Death Before Dishonor HP and the Deathly Hallows Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Me and the fiance are going to go and see it Saturday. I have heard it is good, hopefully it will be better than the last, god that one blew.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Registered User HP and the Deathly Hallows winterborn86's Avatar

I saw it last night, and loved it. I was a brilliant film, I really can' wait for the next one, can't believe they are making us wait til next year for it.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

...It was alright.

It's not my favourite Harry Potter movie, and knew a movie of it wouldn't live up to my expectations when I read the book years ago. The book was, in some places, painfully slow near the start, and this movie was all the slow parts.

The second movie, however, has all the good parts. Just... eight months is a long wait. =(

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Death Before Dishonor HP and the Deathly Hallows Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So i saw it, and while it was better than the last HP film, it still did not meet my expectations. It was very slow moving throughout, hopefully the next will be better.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Registered User HP and the Deathly Hallows winterborn86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post
    The second movie, however, has all the good parts. Just... eight months is a long wait. =(
    I read somewhere that the first part wasn't going to be no where near as good as the second because it's kinda like build up for the second half.

I've enjoyed all the films, but I think the books win hands down, they are have more detail in them.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

Stage Dives, High Fives. HP and the Deathly Hallows Confession's Avatar

Personally going into a Book based movie, I've always gone with the approach that the book is better then the movie, as far as I can remember. Always true.

Deathly Hallows Pt.1 Was one of those movies, that had those really stuck in your chair exciting parts, those OMFG moments, and sad moments
    Spoiler:
    R.I.P Dobby.

But with all that praise, it was one of those movies that you could mount ya missues during it, hit off a quickie while little kids watch and know that you didn't miss much, even if you haven't read the book.

It was well shot, well lighted and the sound effects were nice, I just think they could have picked spots better and used some time management.

7/10.

Wu Tang Killa Bee's, We On The Storm.

the mysterious HP and the Deathly Hallows gothdra's Avatar

I`ve seen it and I personally like it^^ I`ve read all the books and love every each and one of them. I think the first part of the movie followed the book perfectly and I can`t wait for part two^^

even though the movies are good, the books are always best in my opinion
    Nobody is perfect...That is of course until you fall in love with them...

Melodious Schemer HP and the Deathly Hallows Final Hearts 69's Avatar

I saw the midnight showing of it as well...and have the movie. I found it to be a fantasric movie. My brother had predicted the ending of the movie about 2 or 3 minutes before it ended...I loved how they had ended it. I'm so excited for part 2 to come out....but I already know what's going to happen, since I read the book already. Daniel Radcliffe is such as great actor, along with Emma Watson and Rupert Grant.
    "All I did was watch, I didn't even try to stop her...that was my sin and this...this is my punishment." -Vincent Valentine, FF7: Dirge of Cerberus-