Thread: "The Hobbit" being made into TWO movies!

Bye-Bye, Taisai "The Hobbit" being made into TWO movies! postalblowfish7's Avatar

"The Hobbit" being made into TWO movies!

oh sweet joy and bliss:

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Jackson
    I’m very pleased that we’ve been able to put our differences behind us, so that we may begin a new chapter with our old friends at New Line. ‘The Lord of the Rings’ is a legacy we proudly share with Bob and Michael, and together, we share that legacy with millions of loyal fans all over the world. We are delighted to continue our journey through Middle Earth.
    so new line and MGM are funding it, and i guess Peter Jackson will get an 'executive producer' credit and get to just rake in a bunch of dough. kind of sucks that he won't be directing again, but christ - after lotr who would want to be in charge of another massive production like this?

so yeah, they will be simultaniously shooting TWO films (right now just known as "the hobbit and its sequel") due out in 2010 and 2011 respectively. as long as they get the right director i feel like it'd be pretty hard to mess up such a great story.

Spoiler:
    i can't wait to see laketown burn to the ground! smaug4life \m/(-_-) \m/

source: TheOneRing.net
    ~ R.I.P. Alexander Server ~
    Phinn - San d'Orian Hume - Shiva Server

this news pleases me very much! but hopefully the hold truer to the actual story then LOTR did, dont get me wrong i love LOTR, but i still cant believe some of the great parts of the book that they cut out, and some of the crap liv tyler scenes that they made up or how they substitued her in place of other chars. she makes me sick and i dont think she was very elf like either looks or acting!!!!!!
    but back on topic, i cant wait for the production to be done so i can check this one out, im sure it will be as breath takeing as rings
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Oh wow, that's fantastic! I have not read this book yet so I guess I should now so that I know what is going on in the movies when I see it. I'm so glad that they are actually making it! My brother will also be very happy I think considering he's a big LOTR fan and such. I'd like to know who the director is but I guess we will have to wait to find out, it better be someone good! Peter Jackson should be the one doing it but oh well I guess.

CC's YouTube Page|Add me on last.fm
    Is on Facebook so feel free to add me. =)

Is the one book being made into two movies, or The Hobbit will be made with some new sequal? Hm.

Just like Peter Jackson to **** around with a good series. I liked the LOTR series but, he pulled it off kinda shitty, especially adding scenes that weren't part of the book.
    [Today 2:38 AM] Lord Kaos: Police report on their IPs?
    [Today 2:39 AM] Kit Fisto: im going to kill him now.
    [Today 2:39 AM] Koloth: I tried to check IPs... but the asshole is probably using proxies
    [Today 2:39 AM] Kit Fisto: brb im off to kill them both.
    [Today 2:39 AM] Lady Aerith: and I don't have the power to IP ban either...

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_White View Post
    Is the one book being made into two movies, or The Hobbit will be made with some new sequal? Hm.

Just like Peter Jackson to **** around with a good series. I liked the LOTR series but, he pulled it off kinda shitty, especially adding scenes that weren't part of the book.

Can you blame him?

Even J.R.R. Tolken himself said that Lord of the Rings could never be made into a proper movie. Peter Jackson did a fine job, considering he had to condense a thousand pages (All Three books combined) into 9 hours of film.

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure I understand how the Hobbit could be made into two movies. At what point would the first movie end?
    Spoiler:
    Could be after they get through the Misty Mountains, but I'm pretty sure that's not even 100 pages into the book. Or maybe it could be when Gandalf leaves them at the edge of Mirkwood. I don't know how I feel about that one either, though. Guess it could be a good cliffhanger, maybe.

Still, not seeing it. There isn't that much book to work with, unless they do two hour and a half movies, I suppose, or something like that. Maybe they're doing it to better allow people to not have to sit around for three plus hours, I suppose. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Bye-Bye, Taisai "The Hobbit" being made into TWO movies! postalblowfish7's Avatar
    there's speculation that "the hobbit" will be all of the hobbit, and the sequel will either deal with aragorn's youth, or somehow bridge the time gap between the hobbit and lotr. i mean, a lot does happen. in the hobbit sauron is merely "the necromancer in the south" - between the hobbit and lotr
    Spoiler:
    mordor regains its strength, gloin goes with his band of dwarves to retake moria (and fails at doing so), bilbo passes many long years in the shire, and a whole lot of other things i'm sure - but this list is just off the top of my head.

i don't know - frankly i don't care. all i know is during the winters of 2001, 2002, and 2003 i was gifted with the 3 greatest christmas presents i've ever received - the lotr movies. after the extended return of the king came out i officially had nothing to look forward to regarding fresh perspectives in a cinematic middle earth. i can't f*cking wait for 2010 and 2011.
    ~ R.I.P. Alexander Server ~
    Phinn - San d'Orian Hume - Shiva Server

Blog Entries
    True, I didn't even think of the stuff that was in the appendices. There's a lot of extra story there. It would take a lot of fleshing out that Tolkien never did, however. There would be a lot of ground to cover in a Silmarillion movie, as per that was all written like a history book.

Thinking back, it was interesting to read the Silmarillion and the appendices, because they were like history books. Especially the part of the appendices that talked about the events that happened during Lord of the Rings; there's kind of an indifferent tone towards Frodo and Sam. Their names aren't even mentioned, and they aren't referred to as "Hobbits," or even "halflings," from what I recall. Can't believe I had the patience to read all that back then, though, although I only read all that stuff once. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

"The Hobbit" being made into TWO movies! Hazel's Avatar
    Wow fantastic news, I hope it will be as good or even better
    then Lord of the Rings. But Peter Jackson will not directing? Why's that?
    I think I'll have to google a bit, seems I'm not up-to-date anymore ^^
    My TFF Family it!

Savior of the Damned is my little brother!

Sir Alex Ferguson is my awesome brother!