Thread: Gran Torino

Blog Entries

Gran Torino

"Get off my lawn." "Thank you, sir!" "Get off my lawn."

What an awesome movie. Grizzled old men are awesome, and Eastwood is the king of them all. Every boy should aspire to be a tenth of the grizzled old man Eastwood is when he grows up. In his presence, I'm sure every man must feel like they've lost one of their testicles.

If you don't understand that grizzled old men are awesome, however, you might not like this movie. You will have to be educated. See, every time Eastwood does that half-growl half-sigh thing in the movie, that's awesome. Every time he says something terrible... it's terrible. But at the same time... look at him! He's old and grizzled!

Over all, I think the story had a pretty good message at the end, even if it may seem rather familiar. Some have complained about the first time actors in this movie, but I personally had no problems with them. For the most part, I thought they did a good job. Eastwood made this movie, though; no two ways about it. Go see it! Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Blog Entries
    I thought it was quite interesting that the film had foreign actors in the majority, which is quite rare in American movies. Once one gets into the movie though, it is hardly noticeable at all. And yes, the movie was quite awesome indeed, even though I was really skeptical having a man pushing 70plus years old being this main badass, it all worked out, and I was happy. Also, maybe it is just me and my personal dislike for movies that leave people hanging so directors have a chance to do sequels, but I also liked how the movie came full circle and ended where it began, without spoiling anything. All in all, great movie, Clint Eastwood is a badass, fun for the whole family (just kidding about the last part.)
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

I invented Go-Gurt. Gran Torino Clint's Avatar
    I've been waiting for Clint Eastwood to do another comedy-type movie since Space Cowboys. Yes, I know that neither Gran Torino nor Space Cowboys are comedies, but nevertheless, they're both as funny as very humorous testicles (funny as balls, perhaps.) I enjoyed the racism and insults in this movie. That's what I'm going to aspire to be like when I'm pushing 80 years old, because it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. If this movie doesn't win the Academy Award for Best Picture, then the people who run the academy are obviously delusional.

When I first saw the title, Gran Torino, on television, I was interested in watching the film because asians were in it. I do not see many asians or other ethnicity in movies nowadays. It was new and different and I felt really happy despite that I am of another asian culture. This is the first time I was introduced to Clint Eastwood and knowing that he directed and acted for the film makes me wish I had known him when I was younger.

I loved the film! Any movie that drives my emotions has a nice spot on my list of favorite movies. There are many instances when I was annoyed, angry, and happy as I watched the film. I can relate to many of the characters. It was certainly interesting to see how they changed overtime.

Psybadek
    I thought this movie was fantastic! Acting was superb and the story was great. I was definitely not bored through this movie at all!

sandman Gran Torino
    Great movie , very realistic. I like it because it's a story that is possible in almost every country that took part in some war.
    Acting is also excellent , old veteran and all the Asians did a great job in this movie.

Death Before Dishonor Gran Torino Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Gran Torino

I just recently saw this film. It was excellent, gotta love Clint Eastwood. He goes out like a badass in the end. Excellent movie. I smacked one of my buddies that said it sucked.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Blog Entries

Eastwood wasn't awesome (until the end) in this movie. I'm not talking about his acting, because that was A+ work. But he represented old racist white dudes. In the end, he learned that kids will be kids, even if they are some "gook", and growing up around territorial gangs and such can be hard, so he helped because he knew he could.

Or something like that. But yeah, one of my favorite movies.

Blog Entries

I have to admit that I've been a fan of his acting forever and a believer in his directing since Play Misty for Me. I have not actually seen a movie of his that I did not like. Knowing this, I wasn't intimidated by Gran Torino. It was heavy and emotional and clever. It soared past movies of similar nature if for any other reason for the delightful irony that Eastwood's character got along better with the Hmong than he did his own family.

It was another genius work by Clint Eastwood.

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."