Thread: Goriest Anime/Manga?

Memento Rhapso Goriest Anime/Manga? Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Goriest Anime/Manga?

For awhile, I thought Higurashi no naku Kori was the goriest, most violent anime/manga I had ever seen. Then, my friend mentioned one called Ganst, which I have yet to see. But today, something blew those away. It's called "Angel Sanctuary," and by no means to I recommend it unless you want to be scarred. Anyway, this had the slowest, most detailed arm ripping scene I've ever seen. So, do you guys know any gorier/ same level animes/mangas or what's the worst you've seen?

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Goriest Anime/Manga? Treize's Avatar

Re: Goriest Anime/Manga?

I don't really like excessive gore in the anime/manga I watch/read, but the goriest one I've seen is probably Gantz. There's also some gore in Higurashi, Umineko, and Highschool of the Dead.

I think ChäoS;HEAd has some gore too, but not to the extent of the previous ones I mentioned.

I would say Claymore has some gore too.
    Last edited by Treize; 07-28-2010 at 03:24 PM.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 Goriest Anime/Manga? T.G. Oskar's Avatar

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (the first installment of When They Cry) is actually less gory and more focused on a slasher/thriller story.

Gantz is made for gore. Pretty much made for gore, period.

An odd choice, but notable indeed, is Neon Genesis Evangelion. The beginning is pretty lackluster, but the end(ings) are pretty gory. The amount of gore is relative to which ending you see.

Space Runaway Ideon. Perhaps the one other reason why Yoshiyuki Tomino is known, aside from making Gundam. Total body count: one Universe. And the Ideon is still around in the Gundam universe...

The first episode of Soukou no STRAIN is pretty gory, but for different reasons. You see the starts of a cheery manga, you can pretty much determine the outcome and think "this must be a romantic story with mechas..." And all of a sudden, a mid-episode massacre. Of course, not that gory afterwards, but it pays to mention.

Uzumaki is yet another gory manga, on the same lines as Higurashi. It has to deal a lot with spirals...and suicides...and bloodsucking pregnant women...well, it's a thing to see.

Bokurano. Just...Bokurano. Remember when I said that Tomino had one entire universe destroyed? The mangaka of this story has around 32,678 parallel universes destroyed...not to mention all of the children that pilot the mecha. Oh, did I mention it's a Super Robot anime?

I guess that's all. Did I miss one, by any case?
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

Registered User Goriest Anime/Manga?

I don't watch too many anime that has a lot of gore, but I would say that Berserk would most definitely be up there. It's pretty violent...and yep, there's a lot of scenes in that where bodies just get ripped and torn apart. The ending in the anime is pretty shocking as well. I think the manga is still going on, though I've never read any of it.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 Goriest Anime/Manga? T.G. Oskar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    I don't watch too many anime that has a lot of gore, but I would say that Berserk would most definitely be up there. It's pretty violent...and yep, there's a lot of scenes in that where bodies just get ripped and torn apart. The ending in the anime is pretty shocking as well. I think the manga is still going on, though I've never read any of it.
    Ah, yes, Berserk. Griffith. The Godhead.

While at it...maybe I should say Bastard! But then again, it's not that gory...I think?

Oh, Ninja Scroll. Though it's not much as gory than it is squicky. And only in some places.
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...: