Thread: Does anybody know this film I am vaguely referring to?

I want to play a game. Does anybody know this film I am vaguely referring to? Zargabaath's Avatar

Does anybody know this film I am vaguely referring to?

Not the sexiest title for a thread but I need your help denizens of TFF. For quite some time I've been looking for the name of a film I saw a long, long time ago (but not in a galaxy far, far away). I don't have much to go off but what my mind can recall from those younger days.

1.) I am pretty certain that this film is of the sword and sorcery genre.

2.) I remember the antangonist, a middle-aged woman (probably a queen or sorceress or both), having her slaves/servants dipped in a vat of gold. They [the slaves/servants] would then be pulled out and be solid gold statues. This is what I remember most clearly because it stands out.

As I've said it is not much but if anyone here knows what film I'm talking about I would greatly appreciate if you told me. I would like to re-watch to see if it is any good (from my older perspective). Thanks.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Shake it like a polaroid picture Does anybody know this film I am vaguely referring to? RagnaToad's Avatar

Re: Does anybody know this film I am vaguely referring to?

I don't think I've seen that one.

Is it an animated film?
    Any information on how famous it is, the makers, country of origin, year it was made in?

I found this movie: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_War..._The_Sorceress
    But I doubt it is the one you saw as a kid. Wikipedia says: "It is noted chiefly for containing extensive nudity and violence, being one of the more extreme examples of the sword-and-sorcery genre."

Any additional info you can give us could help.
    Last edited by RagnaToad; 06-02-2010 at 08:33 AM.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Blog Entries

Or even an estimate of what year/how old you were when you saw it. Process of elimination. I did try looking a bit, no luck so far. Course I was only scanning titles, not looking into every summary. Just too many to go through, alas.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

I want to play a game. Does anybody know this film I am vaguely referring to? Zargabaath's Avatar

Ah. Sorry about that.

It's a live-action flilm probably around the 1970s-80s. I don't know who made the film or the country of origin. I watched it on television when I was very young; it was anywhere from 10 + years ago. I have checked the summaries of sword and sorcery movies on wiki, however, none of them mention the slaves/servants being dipped in gold. I've tried "googling" it with variations but have not come up with anything.

I've also looked a little bit for a sword and sorcery film fan/forum; I would ask them if they knew what I was talking about, however, I did not find any such site. I'll keep looking though.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Registered User Does anybody know this film I am vaguely referring to? winterborn86's Avatar

I tried google too, first time it's ever let me down lol.
    Hope you find what your looking for, it drives me mad when I can't remember the name of a film I've seen.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco